New Set at WPIX

NYNewsCoverage

PIX is not on their main set tonight at 5, they were on the what I'd call their "sub-set", which is where the anchors usually stand to do special segments. They seemed to have moved the main desk there. If they're still in the same spot at 10, I'd say it's safe to assume they are beginning to work on a new studio (finally!) Here are a few pictures:

2-anchor-shot.png?w=300&h=169sports-desk.png?w=300&h=172

full-team-shot.png?w=300&h=168full-team-shot-2.png?w=300&h=167

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really doubt they are building a new set in the current studio. My guess would be that they remodel what once was the old newsroom into a tv studio and put the new set. My guess them would be to upgrade/remodel the current studio - just seems logical

Kirstin Cole said new TV sets in her tweet.. That could mean talk show sets or anything.. When they got the set their on now I remeber them broadcasting from the "coffee bar" portion.. I'm assuming that's where this mini set is now.. I'm interested to see what they will get.. We'll know soon I guess. PIX11 tech in a reply to nynewscoverage on Twitter said they are installing a new set and "new technology"

This morning they will still on the temporary set.. Linda and Catlin were in a separate room doing the weather and traffic.. Not sure where the interviews were being done but they were in front of a what looked like big posters of the nyc skyline and a tv screen. Kori chambers also posted pictures and it's going to be a complete renovation as the set is completely bare now.. From the looks of it and they way they're talking on Twitter.. They're defiently expanding into the old newsroom. Nobody's said for sure but defiently dropping hints.

This morning they will still on the temporary set.. Linda and Catlin were in a separate room doing the weather and traffic.. Not sure where the interviews were being done but they were in front of a what looked like big posters of the nyc skyline and a tv screen. Kori chambers also posted pictures and it's going to be a complete renovation as the set is completely bare now.. From the looks of it and they way they're talking on Twitter.. They're defiently expanding into the old newsroom. Nobody's said for sure but defiently dropping hints.

I was looking on twitter and I think that the interviews were being done to the right of where Linda and Kaitlin were doing the weather & traffic. I believe that green room is the same room that Mr. G used for the first forecast back when PIX first launched the new format (Jodi used to call it the "morning mobilecast" or something like that). But I would definitely say at this point that they are expanding into the old newsroom- Lisa said "our new expanded studio", so what else could that mean.

Well Tamsen is solo tonight sitting in the main studio desk. I think it must be a chroma key she's in front of however, I think the main studio is already demolished.

They moved the old homebase area and desk into a corner of the newsroom.

They moved the old homebase area and desk into a corner of the newsroom.

Yeah I just realized that, it's a "temporary studio". It will be interesting to see how and where the Sports Desk is done.

EDIT: Sports Desk is being done from the same desk. Makes sense.

Kinda sad that their temp set looks better than the set they just demolished

Yeah the one that they're doing interviews on looks pretty good (despite its tininess)- has the same theme almost that the old, old set did - I'm referring to this one:

I think all in all PIX is heading back to its roots, and who knows, maybe the set will look like a refreshed version of that set. One thing a set needs in my view is uniqueness, and that's something that PIX's current set lacks, and that the old set had (I loved all the pottery, brick walls, and even the roman numeral clock that they used to have in that old set).

Looking into the future, hopefully this wakes WNYW up and tells them it's time to refresh their studio. It's looking more and more dated by the minute.

Craig Allen actually posted a full view of PIX's set deconstruction over on his facebook page, I'll insert them here since you have have a facebook account to view his pics.

I have to say it certainly looks like they're adding more of a wood theme to the set.

picture1.jpg?w=300&h=169picture2.jpg?w=300&h=169picture3.jpg?w=300&h=169picture5.jpg?w=300&h=168picture4.jpg?w=300&h=169

Looks really nice.

I'm very eager for this new set to debut. Usually I'm excited for a station to build, install, turn on and use a set, but this time, I'm really excited for a set to debut soon. And these pictures raise them.

My expectations are usually in the middle, but for this, it's up just a little. Please make us happy, WPIX.

Also, wasn't that set used during the Jodi Applegate era of 2010? Parts of it really look like that.

Archived