Here we go again... terrorists have struck Paris.

ColDayNews

Explosions and deadly shootings all across the city of Paris. 40 people are dead, 60 people are wounded and 100 people have been taken hostage. The French military has been deployed to Paris, and the French borders have been closed. A state of emergency has been declared as well.

Coverage in Dayton, Ohio:

-FOX: Running a simulcast of Fox News Channel anchored by Shepard Smith

-CBS: NewsCenter 7 at 6 as usual.

-NBC: 2News at 6 as usual.

-ABC: ABC22 News at 6 as usual.

-WXIX (cable), did not take FNC/Judge Judy is airing as normal.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here in the San Fransisco Bay Area right now:

KTVU - Simulcasting FNC

KNTV - regular programming

KPIX - CBS Evening News

KGO - ABC World News

Shepard Smith just reported that there is a serious bus accident in that area? Are they covering both incidents right now?

Shepard Smith just reported that there is a serious bus accident in that area? Are they covering both incidents right now?

KTVU did 2 news briefs at 3:30 & 4 and then went back to FNC simulcast pre-empting the 4pm newscast. KTVU went back to local news at 5PMPT

EDIT: As of 5:18PM PT, KTVU is back to the FNC Simulcast and I assume they will be going back and forth.

David did WNT then at 6:30 Milwaukee time, George did a Special Report. Was David getting ready for 20/20 already? I know George's the chief anchor and maybe the events play a part of who goes on, but it would be nice to give David a few Special Reports since he is the face of WNT now.

David did WNT then at 6:30 Milwaukee time, George did a Special Report. Was David getting ready for 20/20 already? I know George's the chief anchor and maybe the events play a part of who goes on, but it would be nice to give David a few Special Reports since he is the face of WNT now.

I thought it's been mentioned before on here that David doesn't do Special Reports. Not sure if that's his decision or it's something network executives decided on.

ABC ran a special report from 730-8pm tonight... WXYZ preempted The List for it.. I don't know if lots of other ABC affiliates picked it up... WDIV aired Jeopardy! At that time which leads me to believe NBC didn't do the same...

Nothing right now on the big three because one is in rolling coverage on their streaming service, and the other two are prepping for live coverage at the top of the hour, preempting their newsmagazines. The regular hosts of Dateline and 20/20 will anchor, and yes, that means Muir and Vargas, and not Stephanopoulos.

TVNewser has been keeping track of scheduling, including Matt and Savannah anchoring Today tomorrow: http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/networks-deploy-resources-to-paris-attack-coverage/277444

Here in Atlanta, WSB and WAGA preempted World News/Entertainment Tonight (the latter's only airing; the late night repeats ended last year) and Dish Nation/TMZ (initial airings) for their respective ABC coverage and FNC simulcast at the 7:00 hour before hitting to primetime programming.

WGCL did updates during the first commercial breaks of Amazing Race and Hawaii Five-0 only.

I'm gonna float this out there as being one of the more lengthy late newscast coverages of the attacks tonight...

18 minutes of coverage on WXYZ's 11pm broken up by 1 :90 second break at 1113... They used the same red logo for their continuing coverage that 2020 was using... then weather, sports, a 60 second hit on the attacks and they said good night. There was literally not one other news story on that entire newscast.

WDIV and WJBK went away sometime before their first breaks... Their loss I suppose. There was a gripping amount of information to share... WXYZ even got an interview between one of their anchors and a Frenchman who lived 2 blocks away and had family in the soccer stadium...

What's the latest policies on profanity with the FCC? A lady/victim being interviewed live on 20/20 let out an f-bomb while paraphrasing a conversation. She immediately corrected herself and apologized, as did Elizabeth Vargas at the end of the interview. Does the network still get penalized? I thought there's some kind of exemption for that.

What's the latest policies on profanity with the FCC? A lady/victim being interviewed live on 20/20 let out an f-bomb while paraphrasing a conversation. She immediately corrected herself and apologized, as did Elizabeth Vargas at the end of the interview. Does the network still get penalized? I thought there's some kind of exemption for that.

I think that qualifies as a fleeting expletive... I don't think you can be penalized for it. Helping the cause is the fact that the woman corrected herself...

KCRA waited until 5PM to show their coverage.

KOVR Was the first to catch it with some Technical difficulties.

KXTV Cut off ellen for the coverage and switched Straight to the ABC News Feed

KTXL was also late for the coverage and had to wait until 5PM also.

KQCA wasnt able to show a ticker or KCRA at all Due to Maury Still being on.

KUVS was right on track at least.

on another note KOVR had this issue Switching to the CBS News Feed which apparently tried to Switch to their sister station WCBS:

vQnJ939.jpg

KCRA waited until 5PM to show their coverage.

KOVR Was the first to catch it with some Technical difficulties.

KXTV Cut off ellen for the coverage and switched Straight to the ABC News Feed

KTXL was also late for the coverage and had to wait until 5PM also.

KQCA wasnt able to show a ticker or KCRA at all Due to Maury Still being on.

KUVS was right on track at least.

on another note KOVR had this issue Switching to the CBS News Feed which apparently tried to Switch to their sister station WCBS:

vQnJ939.jpg

I don't think they were trying to switch to the WCBS feed, rather the text just shows where the color bars/signal is originating from.

WBAL turned to a generic live hit from News Channel a little early and got the the audio of Steve Handelsman talking to his producers. After the producers at WBAL realized it would be a few more seconds before he would start talking they rolled the prefed package. I can't tell because the bug was in the way but I'm guessing he was going to start talking at 11:01. . image.thumb.jpeg.85950633999b22a75e4b3662442ca1bc.jpeg

Archived