New set (& graphics?) at WTVF

Weeters

Brace yourselves, because this probably means they'll debut the Scripps graphics/music too.

If so, then goodbye to Impact on WTVF. One of the best run music packages on any station (besides WPVI's MCTYW) in history, considering that WTVF's had it for 18 years and has only used one package during that time while WKRN has used 3, WSMV with 5 and WZTV, since their news launch in 1998, has had 5.

I guess that's one of the benefits of having a large second studio. For all we know WJZ could have a second set already waiting in the wings ;)

I would be so happy for WJZ to get a new set, and I would send flowers to the station if that happens.

I guess WTVF will get a Scripps mandate set i.e KNXV, KMGH, KGTV, WRTV set would look like that for WTVF.

I would be so happy for WJZ to get a new set, and I would send flowers to the station if that happens.

I guess WTVF will get a Scripps mandate set i.e KNXV, KMGH, KGTV, WRTV set would look like that for WTVF.

It will not look like the other Scripps sets. Promise.

It will not look like the other Scripps sets. Promise.

I'll take your word for it.

In terms of WTVF itself, the only thing I'm worried about is if their 4:00pm news will eventually get re-branded as either The NOW Nashville or The NOW Music City as a result.

From your News and Information Leader this isn't The NOW music city. I hope they keep John Young as VO. I just have that sad feeling after 18 years of Impact it will be gone. That leaves WDBJ going on 20 years this fall with running Impact.

Would somebody record WTVF's opens on Monday mornings? I'm afraid that'll be the last we hear that.

The "possible" swan song of Impact?

Something to point out. This is first time (since June 2014) where all four of the local stations in town is using music from the local music company (WZTV - Glass, WSMV - The Tower, WKRN - Coverage & WTVF - Impact). That alone is a rarity. Also WTVF was the only Journal station with a 615 theme, while the others were using Arnold themes.

Of course, should this be the "swan song" of Impact on WTVF tomorrow morning, that would bring it back to three. But it could possibly be a second station dropping its 615 theme, should that Nexstar/MG deal goes through, knowing how Nexstar rolls with Arnold themes.

From your News and Information Leader this isn't The NOW music city. I hope they keep John Young as VO. I just have that sad feeling after 18 years of Impact it will be gone. That leaves WDBJ going on 20 years this fall with running Impact.

And that certain NPG station in California isn't far behind WDBJ in that run (KEYT).

Anyone think they will replace the name of Newschannel? Also change the logo?

Probably not. The only changes will likely be dropping Impact for Inergy and a move to the standardized graphics. Scripps keeps things status-quo in the logo/branding department for the most part.

Anyone think they will replace the name of Newschannel? Also change the logo?

1) NO because WEWS uses it as well.

2) NO because they won't. If WTMJ kept theirs, then WTVF is expected to keep theirs as well.

More on the new digs from Lelan Statom:

They will be switching to the Scripps package; however, I have a feeling WTVF's new set will look similar to what KLAS debuted a while back.

From Vicki Yates:

Archived