New set (& graphics?) at WTVF

Weeters

Not a bad open. At least they kept branding and John Young as VO. It will take some time to adjust not hearing Impact. WTVF needed a new set going on 9 years and didn't age well goes for those type of FX group sets in 2007 and 2008.

Not a bad open. At least they kept branding and John Young as VO. It will take some time to adjust not hearing Impact. WTVF needed a new set going on 9 years and didn't age well goes for those type of FX group sets in 2007 and 2008.

The set that this one replaced was even older, and was still in use for NC5+ programming even after all newscasts had moved to the now former HD studio in '07.

My observations:

1) They kept John Young. He's the voice of WTVF, no doubt about that.

2) They kept "Your News and Information Leader." Good.

3) The logo in use since 1989 (I believe) still remains.

4) Impact is gone from WTVF. So sad after 18 amazing years (1998-2016). Impact was really good at WTVF and surprised that WTVF didn't commission it (obviously it was for WTVT in 1994)

5) They still use the "NewsChannel 5 Network" name that's been in use since 1998.

6) Still no time/temp bug in the evenings.

I don't know about any changes affecting NewsChannel 5 Plus though.

My observations:

4) Impact is gone from WTVF. So sad after 18 amazing years (1998-2016). Impact was really good at WTVF and surprised that WTVF didn't commission it (obviously it was for WTVT in 1994)

5) They still use the "NewsChannel 5 Network" name that's been in use since 1998.

The last two versions of Impact was for WTVF IIRC (V.5 and V. 6).

My observations:

Does Scripps use the time/temp bug on its stations normally? It seems they just tried to do the bare minimum in standardization, while leaving the logo, slogan and other parts alone. From what I know, Scripps doesn't have any "branding" standards other than graphics and music though.

It will be getting the set the main channel just left.

Figures.

No new graphics or music on the NC5+ side at the moment, though that will likely change in the future once they get used to everything new on the main channel.

Does Scripps use the time/temp bug on its stations normally? It seems they just tried to do the bare minimum in standardization, while leaving the logo, slogan and other parts alone. From what I know, Scripps doesn't have any "branding" standards other than graphics and music though.

Most do... WXYZ just added them at noon, 5, 6 and 7 but still not their 11... They were the only legacy station I'm aware of that didn't use time/temp...

Most do... WXYZ just added them at noon, 5, 6 and 7 but still not their 11... They were the only legacy station I'm aware of that didn't use time/temp...

WEWS uses it on newscasts expect 11pm.

Glad they kept "most" of the branding and such... Impact was indeed a neat music package.. But they definitely needed the set and graphics update.

I think some open cuts of Impact V6 could've worked well with the Scripps graphics. Just my 2.5 cents.

Coming back from Nashville, mixed feelings. Like the set. Iffy on the graphics, but definitely like the fact that they don't always keep the L3 up like many of their siblings (in essence, they use them the same as they've always used their graphics). Not to mention, I see they have them a bit nudged inward. Partially intelligible on a 4x3 TV screen (which was in the hotel I was at).

Coming back from Nashville, mixed feelings. Like the set. Iffy on the graphics, but definitely like the fact that they don't always keep the L3 up like many of their siblings (in essence, they use them the same as they've always used their graphics). Not to mention, I see they have them a bit nudged inward. Partially intelligible on a 4x3 TV screen (which was in the hotel I was at).

WREG has that same problem with their current graphics (a problem they probably won't even bother fixing).

At this point, WKRN is better off not adopting the graphics used by its sister station in Knoxville as it'll likely create some confusion between them and WTVF.

Archived