New Set Coming to KGO

MonkeyFighter

And I thought KPIX was generic recycling their stock footage with the updated graphics but this is more shameful they only have 2 opens for the daytime (morning, 11am, 4, 5 & 6pm) and one for the nighttime at 11pm

Someone posted the 9pm open, and it doesnt even differentiate itself, being identical to the 11.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The lens flare after 1pm kills the shot most of the year. The shot is mostly backlit and that kills it. Next problem is where are you going to place it?

Could one of those Roscoe polarized filters help the lens flare? I saw a demo from one of the other broadcasters at the Olympics and it was impressive.

Okay, I know it might be more than a little cliche to feature the Golden Gate Bridge and other globally-known landmarks (which they use, as well), but what's with KGO using the shipping yards/loading docks/harbors in all (that I know of) the opens? Is it such a desirable, telegenic area that warrants decent exposure like this on the main title card? It just seems like an odd choice for all shows...

One of this first stories they promoted was how shipping was coming back to the piers with the debut of a RoRo terminal.

Okay, I know it might be more than a little cliche to feature the Golden Gate Bridge and other globally-known landmarks (which they use, as well), but what's with KGO using the shipping yards/loading docks/harbors in all (that I know of) the opens? Is it such a desirable, telegenic area that warrants decent exposure like this on the main title card? It just seems like an odd choice for all shows...

I'd guess they needed something to represent the city, South Bay, and East Bay.

The shipping yards are recognizable day and night, have the bridge in the background, and not much else in the East Bay to shoot at night.

The shipping yards are recognizable day and night, have the bridge in the background, and not much else in the East Bay to shoot at night.

Ouch. Guess you've never been to downtown Oakland, Lake Merritt, Jack London Square, Fish Ranch Road, or Walnut Creek.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived