WKRN new logo and graphics

tw-804

Nashville's WKRN has a brand-new logo plus new graphics that are currently used on sister stations WFLA, KELO and WCMH.

Livestream to see them in action: http://wkrn.com/live/

EDIT/7:36pm ET: Well, as of this post "Titans on 2" is on.

Here's a screencap of the logo from its livestream below. Thoughts? Well... I know what you guys gonna say.

wkrnlogoscreencap.JPG.68865917049fc56b71f6e397057b8cab.JPG

They also got a brand new theme, never heard it before.

It's Propulsion V.2 by 615 Music. I'm watching the 10pm newscast on NewsOn. Plus, News 2 This Morning becomes Good Morning Nashville starting tomorrow.

I'll say that the WCMH/KELO graphics are an improvement over their prior lower thirds But given the font choices in the new logo, they would have been better off adapting WFLA's look. The old ones were a horrid mix of the old Young look with Scripps with a splash of the old putrid 'PTY in Memphis thrown in.

A Young/Media General station that DESPERATELY needs a new logo? WATE.

The more stations they can change now...the better! Get them ALL before Nexstar takes over and puts their plastic parallelogram and hexagon logos all over the place!!!!!

It's Propulsion V.2 by 615 Music.

Let's see how long that's going to last. Wouldn't be surprised if they start forcefeeding them with an Arnold theme, should that Nexstar deal goes through.

They've could've at least kept the circle 2 logo. But looking at the new logo as a whole (especially the callsign/COL on the bottom), they could've been using that other MG graphics pack (first used by WATE) if it wasn't for WTVF using the Scripps standardized pack. Also I don't feel any different from this new logo to the god-awful thing at WEWS. They're both awful in my eyes. Very thoughtless!!! Like it only took a few minutes to create it.

But you know what they probably did them a favor with creating this "cheap" logo. Nexstar would've done something far worse.

They should've just kept the Circle 2 logo, but that's my personal opinion. New graphics were well overdue, and I'm glad they went with the WFLA/WCMH package (As I mentioned before in the WTVF thread, the WATE graphics would've confused people with the two stations). Propulsion was an interesting choice for news music this time around (though Nexstar will probably force them to switch to Guardian or another Stephen Arnold package in the future post-merger). My only complaint is that they didn't replace all of the duratrans on the set when they decided to change the logo, as some of them still have the Circle 2 on them.

Interesting post I found on their Facebook page from a viewer named Charlie:

"For my entire life, WKRN has been the blue-branded channel, as opposed to News Channel 5's red branding, and WSMV's yellow. So man, this new red in the logo it's really messing with my head. It's like when you go on vacation in a different city and the channels are all screwed up and weird."

New idea ... and New suggestion for TVNT:

Before any sane Art Director or CSD goes and messes with any logo, anonymously upload the logo to TVNT and let us nit-pick and critique the proposed logo. This would give them a safety net before they miss with heritage logo's being chopped and disfigured as we seen so much in last 4th quarter of 2016.

-- Matt

Just their average salary. Then it went to MGFX for package rendering.

Actually, MGFX had nothing to do with this mess... that's all being done out of Nashville's two-bit hub!

Actually, MGFX had nothing to do with this mess... that's all being done out of Nashville's two-bit hub!

You misunderstand. The graphics package was designed and built in Florida by MGFX. The logo is crap and was made by Nashville's two-bit hub who earned it's typical salary. Nothing above and beyond ordered and paid for. After the logo was rendered, the C4D file was sent to MGFX to be added into the graphics package and then sent back to Nashville. I know because I saw it happening.

Archived