New Graham Media graphics debut on KPRC/Houston

Greggo

Far from great with a few awkward inconsistencies, but at least they finally completely blew up the old look, after a refresh or two.

Based on this from their website, it looks like the opens and such have some of that 3D Scrippsy look.

FRAN-15-web-live-jpg_485621_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Graham is graphically hubbed so what comes to one comes to all...

This really looks like a flattening of the previous graphics with some updates. That scrippsy open shot looks like what they have used as a weather open for a while now.

They are some pretty decent graphics. Hopefully, it goes to the rest of the Graham group. Speaking of Graham, is WPLG fully under BH Media control now, or is Graham still calling the shots?

BH Media has full control of the station. They haven't had any updates to graphics..the web interface is the same as other Graham Stations.

Wow, these are something. I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling a Tribune Creative West from the lower thirds. The distinctive monochromatic diagonal slants are probably the reason - it has been a staple of their work for some time.

Anyways, the lower thirds and full screens look promising. If there's going to be a new intro or stings, let's hope it doesn't mess things up.

I'm not even gonna ramble about the age of the previous graphics.

It just occurred to me. WKMG was (and continues to be) teasing us in plain sight when they got the new set.

Look closely at the background of the monitors. The pattern closely resembles the motif of the new graphics - slanted, slight glossy 3D.

g3Jv9BP.jpg

It amazes me how apparently revolutionary Scripps' package was in 2012 that others are still trying to take some elements from it. That, or RenderON has been doing a lot more work than we realized and that "Scripps-y" look is just a RenderON signature.

It amazes me how apparently revolutionary Scripps' package was in 2012 that others are still trying to take some elements from it. That, or RenderON has been doing a lot more work than we realized and that "Scripps-y" look is just a RenderON signature.

It's just their thing... angles are in for some reason...

Now rumors on a different forum say that WDIV is considering dropping "Local 4" and going back to just "Channel 4".

The fact that this has popped up now seems to suggest that they might be doing it when the new graphics debut, although the people in the thread don't seem to know about them...

If they follow through, I bet you they'll go back to something like WDIV News 4

Now rumors on a different forum say that WDIV is considering dropping "Local 4" and going back to just "Channel 4".

The fact that this has popped up now seems to suggest that they might be doing it when the new graphics debut, although the people in the thread don't seem to know about them...

If they follow through, I bet you they'll go back to something like WDIV News 4

WDIV News 4 sounds ok, but What about "WDIV Channel 4 News"? And in my opinion, I still say Graham should sell WDIV and KPRC to NBCUniversal.

WDIV News 4 sounds ok, but What about "WDIV Channel 4 News"? And in my opinion, I still say Graham should sell WDIV and KPRC to NBCUniversal.
And I say they should keep WDIV. As for KPRC, it should either be sold to NBC or CBS (the former for a duopoly with KTMD, or the latter for an ownership in a station in a large AFC market)

Archived