Megyn Kelly Leaving FNC for NBC News

alex979

That happened two years ago.

Oh goody, another tone-deaf old, angry male WASP to go with fellow tone-deaf old, angry male WASPs O'Really and Hannity.

Fox will dominate the 65-dead demos like never before.

Minor correction: O'Reilly and Hannity are both Catholics. But on behalf of all liberal non-practicing Catholics, I still personally feel ashamed that they are.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is it possible that Megyn could be responsbile for the axing of days of our lives?

Whenever DoTL ends it's run, the time slot will likely be just given back to the affiliates. At this point the show is an artifact.

Whenever DoTL ends it's run, the time slot will likely be just given back to the affiliates. At this point the show is an artifact.

yet im hearing that days is out yet i also heard that todays take is gone

I think that a theoretical "Today with Megyn" would probably go after the 9am "Kathie Lee and Hoda" but I wonder which direction would it lean towards. If it's hard news a la Shepard Smith, it might sink on the account that the audience might not want hard news on network TV at that hour. If it's similar in style to Katie or Meredith, then we all know how it will end.

Why not revive the "Later Today" brand for Megyn's hour? NBC used that name for their post-Leeza 11am talk show until it was moved to 10am as an extension of "Today."

It is enough of a distinctive name to trade off of the Today franchise while giving Megyn enough of a clean slate to do a lifestyle-ish program.

yet im hearing that days is out yet i also heard that todays take is gone

Both probably could happen.

DoTL is only contracted to this year, yet NBC may want to shorten Today by an hour an given Megyn her own late-morning show either tied -- or not tied -- to the Today franchise.

It's amazing to see both Megyn and Greta land at the Peacock networks. Talk about "Fair & Balanced" - these two go a long way at balancing out the traditional "Lean Forward" liberal media bias that NBC has been known for. It seems with the addition of these FNC superstars Comcast NBC-Universal may actually deliver on what was only a slogan for Fox.

Why not revive the "Later Today" brand for Megyn's hour? NBC used that name for their post-Leeza 11am talk show until it was moved to 10am as an extension of "Today."

It is enough of a distinctive name to trade off of the Today franchise while giving Megyn enough of a clean slate to do a lifestyle-ish program.

Later Today was never at 11am or 10am. It debuted at 9am in 1999. Leeza had occupied that spot through 1998-1999 as an NBC program and Leeza's last season (1999-2000) was syndicated.

Both probably could happen.

DoTL is only contracted to this year, yet NBC may want to shorten Today by an hour an given Megyn her own late-morning show either tied -- or not tied -- to the Today franchise.

FYI, it's DOOL not DoTL.

I think that a theoretical "Today with Megyn" would probably go after the 9am "Kathie Lee and Hoda" but I wonder which direction would it lean towards. If it's hard news a la Shepard Smith, it might sink on the account that the audience might not want hard news on network TV at that hour. If it's similar in style to Katie or Meredith, then we all know how it will end.

Why does everyone insist on connecting "Kathie Lee and Hoda" to the mothership Today? It's really a completely different show, just under the "Today" banner. It's fine staying at 10am, where I also think it's better suited against competitors (in a lot of markets Rachael Ray, Let's Make a Deal, Wendy), as opposed to 9am (up against shows like powerhouse Live with Kelly). I imagine that KL&H may drop the TODAY from their name. Megyn's show would be a nice bridge from the more serious TODAY to the drunkfest KL&H.

On a separate note, what does NBC do with Tamron Hall? Does NBC resurrect the newsreader position on the motherships and give it to her?

That "comedian" is O'Really's successor in the wings. Book it.

It never gets old watching hapless "students" try to grasp basic American history.

right or left....

It's still priceless humor for all the hard working people of this country.

It's amazing to see both Megyn and Greta land at the Peacock networks. Talk about "Fair & Balanced" - these two go a long way at balancing out the traditional "Lean Forward" liberal media bias that NBC has been known for. It seems with the addition of these FNC superstars Comcast NBC-Universal may actually deliver on what was only a slogan for Fox.

MSNBC is going to take a LONG-shot at being non-political as a way to save it's ass. CNN is trying the same thing but with no noticeable results so far.

The downstream media needs a giant makeover. Forget the race to digital/social media...it's a race to rebuild credibility for all the TV media. NBC seems to be taking it pretty seriously right now.

MSNBC is going to take a shot at being non-political as a way to save it's ass. CNN is trying the same thing but with no noticeable results so far.

If they were truly going non-partisan, then Joe and Mika - who have both been shown multiple times to have favorable ties to Trump - would be cast out on their butts. Instead Andy Lack likes the two of them and wanted to expand their show by an hour.

Greta and Megyn are the least insufferable of the Fox hosts, but the bar is incorrigibly low to begin with.

CNN's only bright spot is Jake Tapper. Everything else has been a Zucker-level failure or an embarrassment to journalism.

The downstream media needs a giant makeover. Forget the race to digital/social media...it's a race to rebuild credibility for all the TV media. NBC seems to be taking it pretty seriously right now.

What has impaired media in general is the insistence of being first over being accurate. Improve the quality of their operations... not come off as a Fox knockoff. Especially when Fox's emphasis on style over substance started this overall trend...

I hate to say it, but all of this hoopla feels reminiscent of Katie Couric's big move to CBS back in the day. It has all of the earmarks of a smart move for everyone involved, and yet it never quite clicked. It just doesn't feel like a natural fit. Not sure why.

I hate to say it, but all of this hoopla feels reminiscent of Katie Couric's big move to CBS back in the day. It has all of the earmarks of a smart move for everyone involved, and yet it never quite clicked. It just doesn't feel like a natural fit. Not sure why.

It was cited earlier in the thread, but an op-ed writer for Politico made the exact same point.

The cynic in me thinks that NBC did this to erode Fox's audience standing outside of the 65-dead demos, a la another Josh Elliott or Sam Champion when NBC wooed them ostensibly to weaken GMA and benefit Today...

If they were truly going non-partisan, then Joe and Mika - who have both been shown multiple times to have favorable ties to Trump - would be cast out on their butts. Instead Andy Lack likes the two of them and wanted to expand their show by an hour.

Joe maybe, Mika not so sure.

CNN's only bright spot is Jake Tapper. Everything else has been a Zucker-level failure or an embarrassment to journalism.

You must not remember Tapper from 2008. He was clearly in the tank for Obama over Clinton back in 2008. He has come a long way though.

You must not remember Tapper from 2008. He was clearly in the tank for Obama over Clinton back in 2008. He has come a long way though.

I don't think it's that, more than the fact that he exhibits a general professionalism that is appreciated when compared to the blunders and buffoonery that Wolf, Coop, Lemon, and the rest can't seem to avoid.

also regarding Joe and Mika why am i hearing a very frequent rumor that they are lovers? if they are is it cause to can the show?

No. NBC wrote it into their contracts, explicitly saying that they had to be lovers in order to have good chemistry on air.

Morning Joe is basically a boilerplate talk radio morning show with the stereotypical male-female host setup and video cameras pointed at them. The only thing missing is the "battle of the sexes" morning zoo gimmick that was cliché 25 years ago.

Didn't the dumpster fire known as Dish Nation teach us anything?

Morning Joe is basically a boilerplate talk radio morning show with the stereotypical male-female host setup and video cameras pointed at them. The only thing missing is the "battle of the sexes" morning zoo gimmick that was cliché 25 years ago.

Didn't the dumpster fire known as Dish Nation teach us anything?

It's just a continuation of Imus in The Morning.

It depends on who thinks it's an artifact. Media buyers still feel soap viewers are more engaged than talk/lifestyle reality shows. However, it all depends on what NBC plans are. It safe for 2017 because the contract they have for 2017 with an option pick-up for 2018. Also DOOL studios are dark, so there no tapings at the moment, but DOOL 1pm time slot could be Megyn Kelly timeslot or she could be on at 9am. Also, you never know how the behind the scenes deal is structure for her to replace Savannah on Today. There so many different scenarios were not sure at the moment.

also regarding Joe and Mika why am i hearing a very frequent rumor that they are lovers? if they are is it cause to can the show?

It been said those two have been pretty hot & heavy and she coming off divorce, and Mika always seems to agree with Joe the majority of the time instead of having her own brain. I guess when you cozy up to your co-star you forget all those tihngs.

Archived