Inauguration Day Coverage

ColDayNews

ABC: GMA will be extended until 11:00 AM EST. Coverage transitions to ABC News Special Report afterward.

CBS: Coverage begins with CBS This Morning and will continue as a CBS News Special Report. CBS's live coverage goes until 4pm EST.

NBC: Coverage begins at 10am EST, as a special edition of Today. Coverage wraps at 4pm EST. Coverage will be anchored by Lester Holt, Tom Brokaw, Chuck Todd and Nicolle Wallace.

FOX: Coverage will run from 11am - 4pm EST, produced by sister outlet Fox News Channel. Fox News Channel anchor Shepard Smith will anchor coverage from Lafayette Park with FNC correspondent Mike Emanuel covering inaugural events.

MyNetworkTV: (Fox O&O MNT stations): Will run FNC-produced Fox network coverage.

CNN: Coverage begins at 9:00 AM EST - New Day will also be anchored from Washington with Chris Cuomo and Alisyn Camerota. Initial swearing-in coverage runs from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Washington time (EST) anchored by Wolf Blitzer, Jake Tapper, Anderson Cooper and CNN contributor Dana Bash. The parade will be anchored by Alisyn Camerota, Wolf Blitzer, Brooke Baldwin, Jake Tapper and Chris Cuomo.

FNC: Fox News Channel's coverage begins at 5:00 AM EST with an extended FOX & Friends originating from the National Mall. America's Newsroom will be broadcast from Lafayette Park. Your World with Neil Cavuto will originate from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce building, The Five will originate from the National Mall, Special Report with Bret Baier will originate from Lafayette Park; and The First 100 Days will originate at the National Mall. FNC primetime will originate out of the DC bureau and at the inaugural balls. Hannity will be extended for 2 hours on Friday night as well. Happening Now, Outnumbered, America's News HQ, and Shepard Smith Reporting will be preempted.

MSNBC: First Look will originate from the Early Today studio in Rockefeller Plaza at 5:00 am EST. Morning Joe will run from 6:00 am - 10:00 am EST from the same pub they broadcasted from for the 2013 inauguration. Coverage is then picked up by Brian Williams, Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews and lasts through 5:00 PM EST.

CNBC: Coverage begins at 11:00 AM EST and runs until 3:00 PM EST.

PBS: Coverage begins at 11:00 AM and runs until 2:00 pm EST.

BBC World News: Coverage begins at 10:00 AM EST.

FBN: Coverage anchored by Neil Cavuto begins at 11:00 AM EST and continues until 5:00 PM EST.

--- I WILL UPDATE IN THE COMING DAYS ---

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm actually curious if there will be any counterprogramming moves by cable networks or streaming services.

IIRC, AMC will be running the Rocky movies. BET will rerun the Obama farwell specials: "Love and Happiness" and the farewell gala from May.

any network air any counter-inauguration? any network airing the balls?

Comedy Central is running a South Park marathon all day. USA will also run an SVU marathon until 5:00 PM EST. Oxygen will run a marathon of Snapped from 7:00 am - 10:00 pm EST. That's all I know of ATM.

Now, how is that going to work with the CBS O&O MyNet affiliates (WSBK/WBFS)? :p

Seems like it's optional.

I can't see why non-O&O affiliates would carry it, especially if:

1) those stations, more often than not, don't have a news department...

2) the people who own the MyNet station don't own the market's respective Fox affiliate...

3) those affiliates would rather run their regular weekday fare, be it court shows, the Springer/Maury/Wilkos block or anything else...

is the fox network coverage level 1 or 2? and how many my network affiliates acutally carry fox news live events coverage?

the Fox O&Os that own the my network stations.

WDCA hasn't aired any form of national breaking news coverage since 9/11, when they were still owned by Viacom as a UPN affiliate and aired CBS News coverage w/ Dan Rather, while WUSA ran local coverage.

Oh god... they're truly the government network. They'll probably start at either 6:00 or 7:00 am with the Washington Journal.

And as always, they'll have the inauguration commentary-free.

But whatever; it'll be a HUGE day for Netflix and Hulu!

And so far, the only promo I've been seeing is for CBS's coverage.

But my estimate is that Trump's "inauguration" will be one of the lowest-rated ever, probably low enough to eclipse the 15.5 million who tuned in for George W. Bush's 2005 inauguration. This poses to be very good news...for the outlets not broadcasting it!

(The most-watched inauguration ever, by the way, was Ronald Reagan's in 1981 (41.8 million))

Archived