Sinclair, Tribune Close to Merger Deal

MidwestTV

There are now over 1,000 objection posts on the FCC site. That has to be a record.

Out of 320 million people in the USA?

I have seen crazy ham radio guys flood the FCC with more emails and post re: admin regs.

Besides...

According to Myron, the FCC was paid-off to approve the Sinclair deal. The comish has a receipt for the pay-off.

So There!

I have to hold GoldenShine to a higher standard today...cuz of the eclipse.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even the British can comprehend that a thoroughly fascist organization - tied to the hip with a Nazi sympathizer currently occupying the White House - seizing control of the lion's share of TV stations in the United States is a bad thing.

Still doesn't change how much of a foregone conclusion this atrocity is. Nothing will stop the Smith KKKlan from using their inevitable power as a impenetrable weapon against the moral fiber of this country.

Altji Paid Off needs to be sitting in a jail cell right now with no bond and a public defender. Instead he'll reap the rewards of being a rubber stamp Republican allowing their party to fulfill their Nazi dreams.

Your use of the term NAZI in this forum has become offensive to those who actually know history and have first hand experience as to what a real NAZI is.

Stop being an ass... please show some respect to others.

Thank You.

EDIT: added "please".

There are now over 1,000 objection posts on the FCC site. That has to be a record.

With any luck, the FCC will act in the public interest, whatever that is, and reject this deal as it's bad for America. Plus, I do not want to see Sinclair "trash" the new KFOR/KAUT studio in Oklahoma City.

With any luck, the FCC will act in the public interest, whatever that is, and reject this deal as it's bad for America. Plus, I do not want to see Sinclair "trash" the new KFOR/KAUT studio in Oklahoma City.

Not this FCC I'm afraid. Pai and his corporate buddies on the commission are all in the back pocket of Der Führer Drumpf and the Smiths, and will steamroll this thing right across the finish line.

With any luck, the FCC will act in the public interest, whatever that is, and reject this deal as it's bad for America.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is a fait accompli. The FCC is corrupt through-and-through, and don't you forget it.

The Smiths, Pai, and Trumpy are gonna try their damnedest to get this merger deal through. When it happens, Fox might have to either go through with disaffiliating on Sinclair stations or actually get in Sinclair's good graces.

The Smiths, Pai, and Trumpy are gonna try their damnedest to get this merger deal through. When it happens, Fox might have to either go through with disaffiliating on Sinclair stations or actually get in Sinclair's good graces.

In the fight of Sinclair vs Fox, go Fox!

would be like Morris trying to swallow the divested stations... there's no possible way they could handle many more stations in markets way larger than they operate.

And would small groups like Morris, or even Morgan Murphy be interested in buying the conflict markets? More than likely,they're not and why would any of those small groups (Gray included) look at buying the conflict stations in medium-size markets,I know Gray would love to have a sister station in Oklahoma City to complement KXII in Sherman-Ada, heck even Raycom would love to get KSWO and KAUZ a sister station in Oklahoma City as well but do not expect those small groups that only operate in small markets to even look at getting a station in Oklahoma City. (FYI, KAUZ is owned by American Spirit Media but operated by Raycom under a sharing agreement, most should know that by now but for those that don't, now you know)

BTW, has Sinclair even set a deadline as of yet for any groups looking to buy the stations in the markets where SBG can't own a station?

Some of you are getting too emotionally invested in this deal again. Knock it off before I have to dole out bans of some kind.

This also applies to long winded fantasies. Keep that crap in the speculation board.

Some of you are getting too emotionally invested in this deal again. Knock it off before I have to dole out bans of some kind.

This also applies to long winded fantasies. Keep that crap in the speculation board.

Then Weeters, I give you 2 simple choices becuase the restrictions you've placed on me on this forum, I can't speculate in the speculatron, so here's your 2 choices:

1. Lift the restricted access to the Speculatron 9000 so then I can speculate in the speculatron thread.

2. You can go ahead and ban me from this forum for all I care about.

You're the admin for the page, so the choice is up to you, Weeters

TVSpy has a write-up on their relaunch and rebrand...

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/oklahoma-station-relaunches-with-focus-on-tornado-coverage/193305

Here's hoping Sinclair passes on them to stay put in the market with KOKH and sells them to someone who will give a damn to run them right...

Would Sinclair torpedo something this new just to run things "their way?"

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/oklahoma-station-relaunches-with-focus-on-tornado-coverage/193305

Here's hoping Sinclair passes on them to stay put in the market with KOKH and sells them to someone who will give a damn to run them right...

If Sinclair is smart enough, they're better off just selling KFOR off

Then Weeters, I give you 2 simple choices becuase the restrictions you've placed on me on this forum, I can't speculate in the speculatron, so here's your 2 choices:

1. Lift the restricted access to the Speculatron 9000 so then I can speculate in the speculatron thread.

2. You can go ahead and ban me from this forum for all I care about.

You're the admin for the page, so the choice is up to you, Weeters

With that attitude, I should do number 2.

There was a bug in the way the permissions system was granting people access to the speculation board. I fixed the glitch. Go nuts! If anyone else thinks they should have access but don't, feel free to private message me.

Sinclair DOES have a point about the complaints re: content. There is nothing within the law that prohibits running a far-right network (and I don't use that lightly as ponying up with Breitbart warrants such, since Fox News doesn't warrant that description, and neither do any of Newsmax, the Blaze or OANN), and the First Amendment explicitly protects such. Any backlash would be the free market in action. The comparable outlets on the left would be Occupy Democrats and some authors at DailyKos.

That said, the deal is still illegal on station reach, and there is no push in Congress to change such.

Sinclair DOES have a point about the complaints re: content. There is nothing within the law that prohibits running a far-right network (and I don't use that lightly as ponying up with Breitbart warrants such, since Fox News doesn't warrant that description, and neither do any of Newsmax, the Blaze or OANN), and the First Amendment explicitly protects such. Any backlash would be the free market in action. The comparable outlets on the left would be Occupy Democrats and some authors at DailyKos.

That said, the deal is still illegal on station reach, and there is no push in Congress to change such.

That's a big reason why John Oliver's segment didn't do much to actually aid in opposition to this merger. He focused far too much time on Osama bin Epshteyn and the other easy targets... and not on how the FCC was blatantly reenacting obsolete rules to make an illegal merger... well... kinda sorta legal.

Remember that John Oliver assailed Paid Off for his shady plans to repeal Net Neutrality, and the resulting barrage of complaints overwhelmed the FCC's website. Why John didn't target and dissect Paid Off for reinstalling the UHF Discount rule is ponderous.

True, in John's defense, it wasn't widely reported about Altji Paid Off's willfully colluding with the Smith family before the inauguration when he did that segment. And yet, why wasn't this revisited by John last week? Or this week? If he did, it sure as heck hasn't gone viral.

They won't torpedo it for a year or two after the sale closes. They have an extra 40-some stations to Borg, so KFOR should be last on the totem pole.

Archived