Sunday Night with Megan Kelly

G2000

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was a head of state. Alex Jones is a second-tier talk radio host. There is no comparison.

Not to delve too much into comparisons, but Adhmadinejad denied that the Holocaust happened, and Ann Curry's interview with him was also criticized for "giving a platform" to someone who hates America/is extremist and who shouldn't have one.

My point is that both types of subjects are in the national interest, and therefore it might be worth it to give him a hard look under the interview light. Jones is more than a second rate radio host — he's the instigator of a conspiracy network with millions of subscribers, listeners, and viewers — one of whom is the POTUS. That's hard to ignore. He's also been on plenty other interview shows before, so it's not like he's an unknown being thrust into the spotlight.

My guess is that people are upset and paying attention because it's Megyn Kelly. If it were Matt Lauer or Lester Holt doing this interview, I bet nobody would bat an eye. I do think it probably is a little bit of a ratings ploy to try and build a splash around her show, but oh well.

But to prejudge that Megyn Kelly couldn't fairly or critically interview this guy before the entire thing even comes out seems like a little much. We'll see how it goes, but I highly doubt very many people are going to walk away from watching it thinking "wow, what a reasoned guy."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez and this was the lead into that epic Stanley Cup Finals game. Seems like they could've done a better job picking the interviews to air on what is probably the best opportunity that Kelly is going to have until the Olympics.

I didn't watch the segment but fast forwarding through it looks like it was the last block of the show and only a few minutes max.

It was a teaser that ran Sunday. The full interview is airing on Father's Day, and that's what everyone is beside themselves over.

Anybody who has an media lens can see that her show is failed attempt of 30 Rock. NBC has an inferiority complex with their newsmagazine genre. They want so badly to compete with 60 Minutes but they don't understand why people like 60 Minutes. Megyn Kelly just has an inferority complex of wanting to become a big time media personality like Oprah. She is so polarzing, which is not good. Credibility outweighs polarizing in the news business.

• 60 Minutes is an ensemble cast, there is no star of the program. The content is the star and journalists are just facilitators.
  • 60 Minutes goes outside of box, they don't report issues happening they respect their viewers to give them something different.
  • Slower content, more enriching
  • Substance not glitz and glam
  • Ensemble cast matters, you need respected journalists not just basic journey reporters.
  • Report intellectual subject and not water down content, something NBC is a master of.

The interview is reportedly being "re-edited" to make it appear tougher, and Kelly has invited Sandy Hook families to appear on the show as well.

http://pagesix.com/2017/06/15/megyn-kelly-interview-completely-overhauled-after-backlash/

And Alex Jones is threatening to release the full, unedited interview, which he says he secretly recorded.

[MEDIA=twitter]875542736211857409[/MEDIA]

This is turning into quite a nightmare for NBC...

And Alex Jones is threatening to release the full, unedited interview

Didn't he say didn't want the interview to air? Now he wants it to?

Either dude is milking it it for all the publicity like the dickish villain he is, or can't think so straight about what he wants like the Bond villain he is.

which he says he secretly recorded.

Is that legal? (Then again, him continuing a media empire shouldn't be.)

Didn't he say didn't want the interview to air? Now he wants it to?

Either dude is milking it it for all the publicity like the dickish villain he is, or can't think so straight about what he wants like the Bond villain he is.

Well, remember who you're dealing with. Alex Jones is so goddam nuts, there's no way to discern who is the "real" Alex and the "act" he plays out in public.

Gary Dee was a popular shock jock in Cleveland back in the 1970s whose whole shtick was an act. Otherwise, he was rather mild-mannered both before and after his radio shows. Problem for Gary Dee was, the shtick got away from him, and he assaulted his then-wife Liz Richards (herself then a prominent figure on WEWS' "Morning Exchange") in a very public incident.

Why ANYONE connected to NBC News, or Megyn's show, thought that someone as obviously unstable as Alex Jones is would make for good TV just escapes me.

Is that legal? (Then again, him continuing a media empire shouldn't be.)

He can frame himself as the "victim" of a "conspiracy" by the "elite media" in every fascist dog whistle imaginable. And his followers will eat up this political martyrdom, making him even more of a hero regardless of how much NBC sues him for (should they do so).

My guess would be a rerun of Dateline.

Apparently they are running local coverage with Sandy Hook parents, the governor, and a discussion of the issue.

When was the last time you saw a network O&O preempt network programming?

Apparently they are running local coverage with Sandy Hook parents, the governor, and a discussion of the issue.

None that I can recall that wasn't related to sports. This is a pretty significant decision on WVIT's part. I imagine they got the the backing of Valerie Staab and the Owned Stations Group. Which is separate from the news division.

NBC say's they are re-editing the Jones piece...

What kind of bullshit statement is that?

Is NBC going to let everyone see both pieces so WE can decide for ourselves?

Of course not!

WVIT is doing EXACTLY what the network is telling them to do....step by step...word for word.

And when did it become an issue to interview crazy newsmakers? Dahmer, Manson, Bundy etc....

So give me a break.

Jones is playing NBC ..just like they are playing him. Does anyone really think Alex Jones would withold juicy stuff from ANY media outlet including his own?

What's really is crazy is that some folks here(TVNT) are actually falling for all this BS.

Remember folks...

The beast needs to feed...and this is now being played for maximum media exposure and now the network is faced with a major delemma....

Q: Who will take credit for "fixing" the Kelly/Jones piece? Will Kelly or the network get the win or loss...blame?

WVIT dropping the show and going all local is a blatant attempt to save face on NBC's part. It's enough "wiggle room" for NBC to cancel the show before it even airs, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it get dumped at the very last minute.

This might surpass the GM trucks that NBC rigged with explodium in an attempt to bolster the Dateline brand.

WVIT dropping the show and going all local is a blatant attempt to save face on NBC's part. It's enough "wiggle room" for NBC to cancel the show before it even airs, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it get dumped at the very last minute.

This might surpass the GM trucks that NBC rigged with explodium in an attempt to bolster the Dateline brand.

It was a Ford Pinto that leaked that story.

Though I stand by my statement the interview should be seen (even in Connecticut), this is the right call on WVIT's part...

ALTHOUGH those in/around Newtown and Fairfield County, I believe, are part of the NEW YORK CITY DMA. They will have a choice to watch it via WNBC if they wish. It's readily available OTA and through cable/satellite. I think they get both 4 and 30.

I imagine that's how WVIT is getting away with it--with WNBC to the south, WJAR to the east, and WWLP to the north, most who still want to watch this can.

But for those writing Sunday Night's obit, unless WNBC cans it (they won't), all the attention is going to generate eyeballs.

But for those writing Sunday Night's obit, unless WNBC cans it (they won't), all the attention is going to generate eyeballs.

I know I have zero interest in watching it.

Alex Jones told his listeners/viewers not to watch, and showed them his version of the interview. Sandy Hook survivors and gun-control advocates are telling people not to watch just because Alex Jones. Fox News fanboys hated and hate Megyn, so they won't watch. Regular NBC News viewers unhappy with Megyn won't watch.

So... who would watch this steaming pile?

CBS O&O KMOX (now Meredith-owned KMOV) refused to air an August 1973 Vietnam War-related TV film called Sticks and Bones. It was aired two nights later on NBC station KSD (now KSDK) after the late news.

Several other CBS affiliates refused to air the movie.

Not too sure if there were any other time where an O&O pre-empted network programming because of content.

Archived