TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The graphics are actually growing on me. I'm starting to like them, and KING's new music is AWESOME! It's so fresh! The only complaint I have is they use the same cut for their morning show, breaking news, and 5pm (4pm was breaking news open). Their 5pm open had vocals in it (for real)! Perfect for their morning show, but 5pm? Really?

I, myself, love the new look and soud of KING 5.

Here's a look at KUSA. For the last few weeks/months, they've been opening their 10pm show with a cold open PKG followed by a very simple slate. What looks like "the" open shows up as a reopen to the B block, which you can see in this video about two minutes in. Their 10pm and 6pm (Next) are the only ones that seem to really break from a format.

Also, stay until the very end for the close. It's, uh, avant garde?

That literally has Cheatwood-era WCBS written all over it.

Well Cheatwood joined TEGNA full time soo.

Also some people abroad on another forum love this package while the reaction here seems to be mixed.

Well Cheatwood joined TEGNA full time soo.

Also some people abroad on another forum love this package while the reaction here seems to be mixed.

Mainly because of the weird color palette, the weather icons, and how rushed it feels. The opens are pretty cool, however.

I think this look is great, will be interesting to see how it evolves.

I can't stomach another graphics package full of random 3D shapes and glass reflections. The time for that style has come and gone, it's time for the local news industry to evolve. (But just a little, can't ask for too much.)

Meh, I think I'd like the music better if those weird vocals were removed. Aside from the "NXT" crap (Is it really so hard to add an extra "E"? Looks sloppy.), I think the graphics are pretty decent; I actually don't mind the weather icons that much.

What is this, the 11 Alive Information Network?

Don't give them ideas! :secret:

Here's a look at KUSA. For the last few weeks/months, they've been opening their 10pm show with a cold open PKG followed by a very simple slate. What looks like "the" open shows up as a reopen to the B block, which you can see in this video about two minutes in. Their 10pm and 6pm (Next) are the only ones that seem to really break from a format.

Also, stay until the very end for the close. It's, uh, avant garde?

Gosh, I don't know. I guess it doesn't help that I'm not a fan of 9News to begin with (except for Next with Kyle Clark). The lower 3rds are more difficult for me to read without my glasses on. Black font on a white background does not work as well as the reverse for my eyes. And I have to spend too much time deciphering what the weather icons mean (not that they're difficult to understand, just different). The NXT graphic is just plain silly.

I'm not sure how much this advances news graphic design. The previous package was still working for me...

I'm not sure, but I think KUSA received an updated logo, ditching the bottom stripes. [ATTACH=full]4917[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]4918[/ATTACH]

Wow, I hadn't even noticed that. Quite a change considering they've had those stripes since, when, the 80s...?

Archived