NBC chicago changes?

Chicago News Boy

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the weather promo you guys are talking about

[yt]wvPW72q0NOg[/yt]

I also caught this jem while going into the second commercial break during last nights news

[yt]Xi9T3ouu4zQ[/yt]

This has to be one of the best promo's I've seen from them!!

Let's see...it's 10:13 and the news preview just aired. So what do we have?

• Super Bowl done, Voice almost over
  • Rob and Allison are in place
  • The studio's lit, the graphics are on the screen, the theme music playing

So what's the problem? Their in Studio 5 with Look A and Tower V.1 in use. Unless they run over the NBC Tower in 15 minutes, no changes tonight.

Bummer.

Update (10:23):

They couldn't run fast enough. :bang:

So what's the problem? Their in Studio 5 with Look A and Tower V.1 in use. Unless they run over the NBC Tower in 15 minutes, no changes tonight.

Bummer.

They couldn't run fast enough. :|

Wasted opportunity. I wonder what the hold up is?

Grrr. I keep tuning in to missed opportunities via my Slingbox Pro-HD back in Chicago as I'm now living in crap market WCNC (upconverted SD) hell... Charlotte, NC. I don't miss hearing about Pat Quinn and Rahm though. What a cluster.

I don't know...maybe the earlier thoughts about Monday might be correct...

No way they have as big an audience tomorrow as they have tonight. Dumb move to wait if everything is ready to go. Who knows what's going on....

Bummer.

They couldn't run fast enough. :bang:

Ha ha ha I was thinking the same!! Either they will wait till tomorrow and switch or they are really overhauling the tower set and need more time. Funny thing though, they have been airing all the new promos with the new logo.

And Brant is finally at the green screen after more than 2 months sitting at the desk due to a broken leg.

If nothing happens tonight at 10pm, I'll see if I can email as a "concerned viewer" and see what's up. It'll probably be a lost cause, but what the heck...it couldn't hurt.

The worst they could say is nothing.

Yeah, I give up...I'll check back in with Channel 5 in a couple months and be pleasantly surprised when I see that they're only using a basic, half-assed, creativity-at-a-bare-minimum version of Look F and say to myself "ah, good for them". And then I'll put Channel 7 back on.

:rant:

Goodnight, everybody...

Has NBC 5 gotten a new desk recently? Watching the Superbowl, I was wondering if the desk Bob Costas was sitting at possibly being used in Indy is targeted for NBC 5? One of the hints (to me) of it being repurposed after the game is that during game coverage, there were 3 people at the desk (when I saw people sitting at it), but the are 4 in-desk monitors (if you look closely) - more appropriate for a local newscast?

Thoughts?

Has NBC 5 gotten a new desk recently? Watching the Superbowl, I was wondering if the desk Bob Costas was sitting at possibly being used in Indy is targeted for NBC 5? One of the hints (to me) of it being repurposed after the game is that during game coverage, there were 3 people at the desk (when I saw people sitting at it), but the are 4 in-desk monitors (if you look closely) - more appropriate for a local newscast?

Thoughts?

I would think they would more likely use it for the Olympics, but I could be wrong.

Archived