NBC chicago changes?

Chicago News Boy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but will Rob Elgas pretty much be taking over the 10pm role that Marion Brooks had? Seeing as she now fronts the noon show, it's doesn't seem fair for her to work that late. However, it seems as if he'd be doing more field reporting compared to Marion's contributing role (or doing her best Cheryl Burton impression, as I like to call it).

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but will Rob Elgas pretty much be taking over the 10pm role that Marion Brooks had? Seeing as she now fronts the noon show, it's doesn't seem fair for her to work that late. However, it seems as if he'd be doing more field reporting compared to Marion's contributing role (or doing her best Cheryl Burton impression, as I like to call it).

In a sense, yes, he will likely take over Marion's contributing role @ 10PM. But, reportedly, Lauren Jiggetts will also have a prominent role @ 10PM too. That said, this would suggest that some content/presentation adjustments are on tap @ NBC 5 starting next week (at least on the 10PM newscast).

Here's a quick music concepts video I slapped together a few months ago for KNTV. Seeing as WMAQ appears to have a similar image.

http://www.youtube.c...313AUAAAAAAABAA

That's Look F, not Look G ;)

Also, here's a full-framerate version of that vid: http://f.cl.ly/items...C%20AW%20BA.mov

(NBC AW, feel free to ask me to take it down.)

You mean Studio 5...

I watched Telemundo too just to see if I could see anything as well. Thats how I found out they were going HD. They actually upgrades their set a lot from the left side all the way to where En Contexto was at. I don't think we are going to see anything at NBC 5 until Monday. And if not Monday then who knows at this point!

I'd use other NBC O&Os as an example, but they've varied in their launch times. KXAS launched on a Saturday, KNTV launched on a Sunday night, KNBC went on a Monday morning, and WCAU adopted their version at 6AM, Super Bowl Sunday. And at least on WCAU, there was no leadup save for some tweets and new weather graphics launched the night before (which kind of clued me in that Sunday morning was the launch).

DVRing all the news timeslots is probably the best move. :p

If the new graphics premiere on Monday, do you guys predict they will debut in the morning or at 10PM?

Weekends (Sundays) have normally been the time that they have unveiled new graphics/sets in the past. Studio 5 was revealed on a weekend too. But, given the anchor changes that are happening tomorrow, my guess would be tomorrow for everything (graphics/set) at 4:30AM.

All this talk of launch times has me wondering...

Do many stations launch sets and graphics on the weekends because the lower viewership gives the opportunity to get out any kinks before Monday?

That's the only good reason I can think of.

Do many stations launch sets and graphics on the weekends because the lower viewership gives the opportunity to get out any kinks before Monday?

WZTV did that recently when they launched HD newscasts last year.

I believe it allows for them to work the kinks out more than anything else. Plus, when your station airs a big weekend event (Super Bowl), there's really no better time to launch new graphics/sets.

Archived