WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

My usual comment about how cheap it is for them to say most watched in the nation still applies... it's a terrible misuse of ratings numbers...

I agree, its kinda lackluster at this point haha. Especially when they are serving the most populated and most expensive city and Metropolitan area in the nation. If they are serving the most densely populated and most expensive city in the nation, they will naturally be the most watched station in the nation. :D

• Like 4

I agree, its kinda lackluster at this point haha. Especially when they are serving the most populated and most expensive city and Metropolitan area in the nation. If they are serving the most densely populated and most expensive city in the nation, they will naturally be the most watched station in the nation. :D

The press release writes itself.... :D

Don't expect WABC to unveil a banner in their newsroom which reads "ABC7 Eyewitness News: The #1 News Team in America" anytime soon with "Sorry, WSB!" on the bottom; their ratings dominance in households and 25-54s speaks for itself (I think WNBC is tops in 18-49s, especially with "This Is Us" being a huge hit in primetime).

• Like 1

Don't expect WABC to unveil a banner in their newsroom which reads "ABC7 Eyewitness News: The #1 News Team in America" anytime soon (with "Sorry, WSB!" on the bottom); their ratings dominance speaks for itself.

I'm certain somewhere in the 210 markets there are stations more dominant in rating points or market share...

• Like 1

wow, a whole 260,000 people. so basically between the 5 boro's, Westchester, Long Island and New Jersey, there's about 40,000 viewers in each of those areas that ROUGHLY have a million, if not millions of viewers each.

wabc reporter attacked in the street by a man wearing those old school hockey masks and was pushed to the ground by the said crazed man

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=615490898645994

plus there's video and the gavone reveals himself

Since he's ok we can be lighthearted about this but man Mr. Kim was ready to rumble with the guy...

wabc reporter attacked in the street by a man wearing those old school hockey masks and was pushed to the ground by the said crazed man

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=615490898645994

plus there's video and the gavone reveals himself

Looks like the photojournalist initially broke it up but CeFaan went back after him and someone else tried to stop him. Wonder if the other man was just trying to help breakup a fight or with the masked Guy? Shame his mic was lost and we can't here it clearly - looks like the photojournalist grabbed it trying to stop the reporter.

When Cefaan was on News12 Westchester he was attacked on the way to work and beaten pretty badly.. so he must've been nervous.. I wonder what the chances are that this is connected in some sort of way.. this guy is pathetic though.. doesn't anyone do anything productive anymore?

When Cefaan was on News12 Westchester he was attacked on the way to work and beaten pretty badly.. so he must've been nervous.. I wonder what the chances are that this is connected in some sort of way.. this guy is pathetic though.. doesn't anyone do anything productive anymore?

It happened back in 2013. There were four attackers two 15 and two 16.

Edit: It's probably completely unrelated and just a random drunk on the street. But it still need to be taken seriously. This is a reason why I think constant social media is crazy — especially if the reporter or photojournalist identifies where they currently are and are going live. The live truck, camera and lights already bring out the local crazies but social media brings it to the world. I feel the same way when a reporter or anyone in particular posts a picture of them on vacation and how long they're gone. It's an invitation to be robbed.

I'm still upset that this happened and hope the suspects are caught. But sadly I think it may not be a high priority.

• Like 3

Are these "The news team you can trust"

promos new? I'm just seeing them during the Oscars. It's seems odd and small market for

the number one station in the number one

market.

To me, it's an undeniable reaction to the notion of "fake news" infecting the media. It seems designed to say, "despite what Trump and his surrogates say, we can be trusted."

Noticed Carolina Leid was anchoring the Saturday AM newscast on FiOS1 News.

Just caught a bit of her on FiOS1, and she was good. WAY better than the previous anchor. That said, man, they need to improve the lighting.

It happened back in 2013. There were four attackers two 15 and two 16.

Edit: It's probably completely unrelated and just a random drunk on the street. But it still need to be taken seriously. This is a reason why I think constant social media is crazy — especially if the reporter or photojournalist identifies where they currently are and are going live. The live truck, camera and lights already bring out the local crazies but social media brings it to the world. I feel the same way when a reporter or anyone in particular posts a picture of them on vacation and how long they're gone. It's an invitation to be robbed.

I'm still upset that this happened and hope the suspects are caught. But sadly I think it may not be a high priority.

I'm impressed that he is still willing to be a reporter after that kind of experience. Most would be wary of being out there in such a vulnerable way.

• Like 3

The Post found the attacker and he's claiming he is the victim. http://nypost.com/2017/03/05/masked-man-who-pushed-reporter-says-he-wanted-publicity/

By the way, CeFaan was an U.S. Army Reserve sergeant.

I'm sorry but when you go up to someone you don't know to harass them. put your arm around their shoulder and order them to do something - you loose the right to act shocked when they push them off you.

I think some would have let it slide but the fact he was wearing a mask in my mind makes it more serious. Wearing a mask shows that it was planned and could have been ready for more.

• Like 1

i wonder if the stupid gavone rememembers the WDBJ shooting? did he figure that reporters are leery at live shots? also who cares if you are black if a white kid did this he would be exposed to same scrutiny

• Like 1

The fact that the Post found him makes me baffled to why the NYPD hasn't grabbed him already.

The offense is a simple battery.

In NYC it's a simple desk summons, and that's only if the victim want's to file a complaint.

Does anyone really think WABC want's him to pursue this any further.

Disclaimer: I am not licensed to practice law in the state of New York.

Guest Former Member 207
Cefaan's attacker will no doubt be arrested today. He was stupid enough to post the video on his own Instagram account!

[MEDIA=instagram]BRPNMaKAEOn[/MEDIA]

I saw the thing live when it happened...they were real quick to cut to the video package.

I'm kinda surprised at this point, especially given what happened with WDBJ, plus every dumbass with a smartphone wanting to be a social media star, that some of these stations don't have a security guard accompany the reporters on live shots.

• Like 1