The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Feder used your video in a post about this... Kinda cool.

Add CRM to that list as well...

In other news 7 once again won sweeps in households for:

Total Day

ABC 7 3.9 / 10 SHR

CBS 2 2.6 / 7 SHR

NBC 5 2.5 / 6 SHR

WGN 9 1.8 / 4 SHR

FOX 32 1.0 / 3 SHR

10pm Households

7 News 7.6 / 13 SHR

5 News 6.6 / 11 SHR

2 News 2.8 / 5 SHR

9 News 2.7 / 5 SHR

7 Was also number one in overalls and most demos at 4, 5 and 6pm and in morning news was number 1 in overall viewers.

6am Households

7 News 3.5

9 News 3.4

5 News 3.2

2 News 1.0

32 News 0.9

All kidding aside, as much as we've been proclaiming the death of WLS, things look pretty rosy compared to some of the other falling ABC powerhouses...WABC, WSOC, WSB, KTRK, WFAA...

All kidding aside, as much as we've been proclaiming the death of WLS, things look pretty rosy compared to some of the other falling ABC powerhouses...WABC, WSOC, WSB, KTRK, WFAA...

Actually yeah considering all those others that have recently started failing and others like WXYZ and WCPO which started failing a few years ago. This would not seem like a good time to be in charge of the news department at an ABC station.... Having bad network ratings makes your job that much harder. I wonder how long it'll take for WPVI, KABC and KGO to join the list?

Yeah, WLS has been on a skid for a few years, and has mostly stabilized except for after WGN joined at 10. As for one of the others, KTVU's downfall has helped KGO immensely.

Yeah, WLS has been on a skid for a few years, and has mostly stabilized except for after WGN joined at 10. As for one of the others, KTVU's downfall has helped KGO immensely.

Wasn't there a time when KGO was having a lot of trouble and fell out of first?

could it also mean the doppler radar is changing too?

I imagine it's a new radar system. As far as I know the WSI augmented reality graphics rely on Ross CamBot pedestals and I think they still have those big Vinten Radamec ones.

Do any of the stations have a dual pol radar either from NWS or perhaps their own?

• Like 1

From what I remember, Mowry was pretty good. A decade passing has likely only helped him. If he's the product of that job posting on their website, then he's a good pickup. Dare I say, though, he's not as I diverse as I expected a hire to be.

We shall see.

Somebody is getting axed...

I'm thinking it's Tracy. Phil could be pushed out at some point too, but I'm guessing it will happen next year. If I was Jerry, I would say f this and retire. Why bother staying when it's clear they don't want you around.

I'm thinking it's Tracy. Phil could be pushed out at some point too, but I'm guessing it will happen next year. If I was Jerry, I would say f this and retire. Why bother staying when it's clear they don't want you around.

And the ship sinks a little further...

While we don't have a date, the difference in this hiring could be that Jerry's retirement is actually on the horizon, unlike at the end of 2014. Because of that, I'm going to hold off on predicting anyone's exit. Also, I'm thoroughly convinced that Larry Mowry's hiring is faaaaarrrrrrr superior to the last -ahem- acquisition.

Now for needless speculation on Mowry's landing spot. To be clear, this plan is an ambition and risky realignment, though nothing is riskier than Cheryl at 10. First off, chief meteorologist in market #5 could lead to any position in Chicago. In this case, positions 2 through 4 on the depth chart are up for grabs. I'd be putting Larry on the morning news. Dare I say, the program could use a little bit of a testosterone boost, and a good looking young (enough) guy like Larry would likely keep a lot of the female viewers. With the move, Tracy would make a return to weekends, and while that seems like a demotion, it would give her the chance to get away from the ungodly hours of mornings, and give her more deserved weeknight airtime as fill-in. The final move, or first, depending on how you look at it, would be installing Phil on weeknights. I would personally slot him in at 6 (after Jerry's retirement), and at either 4 or 5, returning someone to a more Caplan-esque afternoon schedule, so whoever's working at 4am doesn't have to stick around til 1pm during inclement weather (like Tracy did like 2 weeks ago). Also of note, Troy would take all weekend morning hours, and become the weekday morning back-up.

With this plan, Scott gets the 10 and gives up an earlier show, Schwarz finally moves up to weekdays, Butler gets to burn her alarm clock, Mowry gets greater exposure compared to the Saturday morning slot he used to hold, and Christensen absorbed more duties.

Also, I'm still not sure how the chips will fall on the next season's daytime schedule, and who know's what will fill the potential 30 minute hole.

So New York isn't the only one lucky enough to have that type of promo?

i think those promos are only for cbs and they only have those promos for NY and Dallas do they have one for steve(chicago) Josh(LA even though he is only on the cbs side temporary while evelyn is out on matrnity he's on KCAL normally) or Jackie (since she's the face on the primetime side cbs newscasts in LA), Kate (philadelphia), Eric(boston) Craig (miami) Paul(San Francisco) David(sacramento) Jeff (Pittsburgh) Jim(Detroit). who are denver and baltimore's chief meterologist for the cbs stations there?

i think those promos are only for cbs and they only have those promos for NY and Dallas do they have one for steve(chicago) Josh(LA even though he is only on the cbs side temporary while evelyn is out on matrnity he's on KCAL normally) or Jackie (since she's the face on the primetime side cbs newscasts in LA), Kate (philadelphia), Eric(boston) Craig (miami) Paul(San Francisco) David(sacramento) Jeff (Pittsburgh) Jim(Detroit). who are denver and baltimore's chief meterologist for the cbs stations there?

Baskerville (WBBM) does not have a song, and besides, Mowry won't even have the possibility of a song if he's not the chief here (which he won't be...right now, anyway).

Baskerville (WBBM) does not have a song, and besides, Mowry won't even have the possibility of a song if he's not the chief here (which he won't be...right now, anyway).

How is it that Baskerville's face the only one to maintain on the evening news while they have shuffle the deck many times? Does he have a high Q rating?

• Like 2

How is it that Baskerville's face the only one to maintain on the evening news while they have shuffle the deck many times? Does he have a high Q rating?

No idea, and no idea.

• Like 1