ABC World News Tonight

BehindNYNews

Meanwhile, CBS News as a whole is silently working their way up to the top and will catch both of them off guard when it's been obvious they've been on the rise for years now.

Right. And by years you mean the last 30. While CBS has made some great strides in the mornings and eveningsas of recent, they have a looooooong way to go to reach 2nd place.

Hey, I've been wrong before. :D

But, hot damn, the new look is gorgeous. The lower thirds still aren't perfect (too high on the screen) and the new bug is iffy, but the headline cue, open, and use of the theme are infinitely better.

I'll post a montage this evening, hopefully in HD.

• Like 1

These graphics look very much like an update to with what World News with Diane Sawyer premiered. If only they bought the original theme back now!

I thought the same thing but I like this new version better, it is much more serious. And no thank you, I like the current theme :).

Over the past few days I've noticed David Muir has been responding to tweets (in a good way) rather than just tweeting about the news. Definitely a good way to connect with viewers (including me :D).

Good. They have their work cut out for them now that Lester Holt is in command at NBC.

• Like 1

Love the new graphics ... Sorely needed! I like all the "digital" stuff of whatever text scrolls on the right side when the over the shoulder graphics are on. This is a good thing for WNT. Also I couldn't believe the amount of headline bumpers they showed -- way more than usual, right?

^^Great job with the video.

I love this new look. So soft and fuzzy, yet so serious and powerful. After watching this the first time, I immediately loved this one more than the last one. The logo and L3s are the best parts. Really fits the tone of this new era for Muir and his program.

I do realize that it does have a touch of Nightly News in it, especially in the globe map, "small loading text" and use of squares.

Other than that resemblance, this is a great update.

^^Great job with the video.

I love this new look. So soft and fuzzy, yet so serious and powerful. After watching this the first time, I immediately loved this one more than the last one. The logo and L3s are the best parts. Really fits the tone of this new era for Muir and his program.

I do realize that it does have a touch of Nightly News in it, especially in the globe map, "small loading text" and use of squares.

Other than that resemblance, this is a great update.

I noticed that too, it does give off a NN vibe. I'm glad the previous graphics package is gone, I really hated it. The way they had the whole red, white, blue color scheme set up works for This Week, but for WNT it felt completely out of place imo. I like that it's more subdued and toned down.

WNT is going to be anchored from Washington D.C. tomorrow and Wednesday, St. Patricks Cathedral on Thursday and Philly on Sunday so there are going to be a lot of different opens this week too.

Here's a montage of tonight's broadcast if no one saw.

I can not get over how much better the opening theme is.

Yeah, the 'Nightly' influence is there, I can relate the larger text to CBS, the logo reminds me a bit of 'PBS Newshour', and the bug has a bit of a cable vibe to it.

But it meshes all those things damn well. It really looks like nothing I've ever seen out of ABC. Hopefully some influence might spill over to the other network properties, especially the overnight shows and the special reports (good God, the special reports). I'm now much more excited to see what they come up with for the election cycle this coming year.

Yeah, the 'Nightly' influence is there, I can relate the larger text to CBS, the logo reminds me a bit of 'PBS Newshour', and the bug has a bit of a cable vibe to it.

But it meshes all those things damn well. It really looks like nothing I've ever seen out of ABC. Hopefully some influence might spill over to the other network properties, especially the overnight shows and the special reports (good God, the special reports). I'm now much more excited to see what they come up with for the election cycle this coming year.

I won't get deep into the other shows but for ABC, Special Reports, Word News Now, America This Morning and Good Morning America all need new graphics if you ask me.

We're nearly certain to see new election graphics and I'm excited for that. Frankly they can just use the now old WNT graphics for election night ;), kidding of course. But I do look forward to what ABC has in store.