WRC Open update

compubit

I noticed this afternoon that WRC made a change to their "News 4" logo and an update to the theme. I'm recording the 11pm news right now, and will update the open once I can edit it and post it.

Slight change to the L3s: the 4/Peacock/Temp has moved out of the 4x3 safe zone to the far right of the screen, but otherwise, the L3s (as well as the segment gfx) are the same.

Old Logo (using Univers Extra Condensed Bold)

New Logo (apparently using ITC Kabel Bold - without the crossed W)

(Yes I hate screen shots with a phone/tablet, but need to get on the computer to get the clean shots...)

(Eds... Probably should move this to Graphics - was in the wrong section when posting... J)

J

image.jpg.2f27109496e9a0a0e2235d7f2a61babe.jpg

image.jpg.8a7e90e4d337e4988673344568aed718.jpg

If they're going with NBC Futura, they should have used the W from the font. "NEWS" appears like that in the NBC News logo anyway, so the change is... yeah.

If your saying they should have used the logotype font that's used in the NBC News logo then I whole heartedly agree with you.

Gari has been known to do one good thing then one bad thing a lot of times.

I think Gari was trying too hard to emulate 615's original Working For You there. The open started off so strong and then tanked when they went to the anchors...

I dunno. It's poorly put together, but 'horrible' might be a little much. A few tweaks could tie it together a little better. Besides, we'd all be bitching if they went with LA Groove, and what they were using before wasn't exactly spectacular to start with.

Really, damned if they did...

[yt]uXGdHRIsIsM[/yt]

That new music is horrible.

I'd rather watch their 6pm Friday night close just to listen to their music which is soothing. Are they still using MFSB - My Mood for Friday Nights?

Yes - sort of...

They don't run full credits anymore after the Friday 6pm newscast, but they do air about 3-5 seconds of the theme for the close after the Friday 6pm newscast.

As for the music/voice balance on that clip - Adobe Premiere Elements emphasized the music over the voice. I'm guessing it's how it processed the 5.1 digital down to 2.0 for uploading to YouTube...

I still prefer the original theme (WRC - Working 4 You, per the NMSA)

J

I'm a bit disturbed at the fact they use a power point transition effect during the changing of the headlines. It looks a little cheap when they slide the video left then it bounces back right. If they just slid the video on the screen I'd be fine but the bounce back is a bit cheesy.

I'm a bit disturbed at the fact they use a power point transition effect during the changing of the headlines. It looks a little cheap when they slide the video left then it bounces back right. If they just slid the video on the screen I'd be fine but the bounce back is a bit cheesy.

WRC has never been known for having the best production equipment so there's that.

I will say I do like that tease nugget. It's a lot better than the default Look F one.

I dunno. It's poorly put together, but 'horrible' might be a little much. A few tweaks could tie it together a little better. Besides, we'd all be bitching if they went with LA Groove, and what they were using before wasn't exactly spectacular to start with.

Really, damned if they did...

Which I never understood, because LA Groove is actually a pretty damn good theme. I was going over 2013 recordings of WCAU and the graphics/music are way more primitive than they seemed at the time.

Archived