KTLA's New Graphics (New Set?)

n925tv

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Minor edit today, temperature was added next to the time.

[ATTACH=full]3432[/ATTACH]

On the day it debuted, no shade of blue was used but obviously, viewers couldn't see it so they then added the blue to it and now, they keep making changes to it. Obviously its to make sure we see the time/temp bug.

Minor edit today, temperature was added next to the time.

[ATTACH=full]3432[/ATTACH]

Honestly, it's much better this way.

The one place under the logo for the time and temp to share screentime wasn't a great idea. I don't live in California and I wanted to check the time for so long.

(although, I think it would be better if the temp was under the time or above the logo, as the it sticking out looks weird)

Slightly curious as to what this wooden structure is for:

[MEDIA=twitter]790783204101808128[/MEDIA]

By the looks on those guys faces ..I would say it's going to be something to keep booze in.

Or maybe smoked meats.

Anyone else notice KTLA has followed KTTV in framing the female weather anchors to show their whole body (including their legs)?

I'm not a fan of the floating weather presenter, but whatever...

• 1 month later...

It looks like the new KTLA newsroom is complete. Take a look at @ktla5news on Instagram. Gayle Anderson posted a final walk thru the old newsroom. Also Courtney Friel (@courtneyfriel) posted something from inside the new newsroom.

Hoping it is something massive. The old newsroom opened in 1997 when there was only the Morning News and News at Ten. Lots of news expansion has taken place since then and the old newsroom was beginning to be cramped. Excited to see how it looks

The new KTLA traffic center debuted this morning.

[ATTACH=full]3510[/ATTACH]

They were joking on air that they don't even know where this is. Mark explained it's behind the weather center which is somewhere down the hall from the main set.

Here's the new newsroom shot KTLA started using this morning. I personally preferred the old newsroom shot, with the newscenter control room in the background, but oh well.

Capture.JPG.c8c76d492fb166f6b4078ab258c822d8.JPG

And here's a view of the newsroom, you can see where the reports are done in the background.

[MEDIA=instagram]BNpaItxjeoe[/MEDIA]

Looks like a nice space even if it doesn't have windows. And the lighting in that shot just isn't right. Maybe they haven't fully moved in yet? It looks like transmission should go in that glassed room back there, and that assignment desk looks like it doesn't have much in it either. It's also missing platters of half-eaten, day old food on the ledge there.

• 4 weeks later...
[MEDIA=imgur]VnokZS3[/MEDIA]

Screenshot above shows KTLA's new slogan, borrowing from WGN-TV.

Considering that WGN-TV is Chicago's Very Own and that KTLA has been on air since 1947 and has long done so much for the community of LA on-air, this slogan fits so perfectly with KTLA. Makes me think why they haven't started using this sooner.

Agreed. Though, to benefit the rest of the viewing area (and to prevent viewers e-mailing in saying "Hey I don't live in LA" etc), they could have went with "SoCal's Very Own".

KTLA is not on cable in many parts of Socal anymore due to blackout rules.

Not like the old days when everyone had KTLA...and that ota signal blasted all the way to San Diego.

Considering that WGN-TV is Chicago's Very Own and that KTLA has been on air since 1947 and has long done so much for the community of LA on-air, this slogan fits so perfectly with KTLA. Makes me think why they haven't started using this sooner.

Ditto with WJW, which has used "Cleveland's Own" as it's slogan since 1987 (dating back to the waning years of Storer Broadcasting ownership).

• 2 weeks later...

The new sports studio debuted this morning, located next door to their traffic studio. In the past, their former sports studio also was used as a stand up location by reporters, for later news shows.

Capture.thumb.JPG.031e80b2eac684cd18daa695ae5df9d2.JPG

Archived