KARE 11 to get a New Set

roscoryan

From what I've seen it doesn't look that bad at least on the web stream. But needless to say it's due for an update. According to NewscastStudio the set launched in 2006 so it seems like it would fall in line with what seems to be the average 8-10 year life span of the set.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this a preview of KARE 11's new set?

No,it looks like the set from her most recent station KSBY http://www.ksby.com/category/297054/caroline-lowe

Also, Just an FYI - Caroline isn't leaving KSBY. She's on "special assignment" at KARE for the next few weeks (In other words, sweeps). I was under the impression she'd be working remotely from CA most of the time. But, it looks like she's headed here for the month.

Btw, related to KARE 11, has KARE started their 6:30pm newscast? I can't really tell because the TV listings sources that I check all the time (TitanTV, Zap2it, LocateTV) say no.

No, it hasn't started. I believe it appeared in some listings for the week of September 13th but, it never launched. FWIW, I'm not even 100% that they were ready to launch it then and just ended up pushing it back. I think someone sent (what will be) the "new" schedule to the tv listing services by mistake.

To the best of my knowledge they are still planning to launch the 6:30pm show. They still have paid programming running as a placeholder in the 11:30am slot. Hot Bench will end up moving to that 11:30am slot with Jeopardy! receiving a double-run in the 3:00 hour and ET taking up residence in the 4:30 slot. Also, when it launches Rena Sarigianopoulos and Jana Shortal will co-anchor the new 6:30pm show. If I'm going to make a wild ass guess at this point my guess is it will debut concurrently with the new set.

No, it hasn't started. I believe it appeared in some listings for the week of September 13th but, it never launched. FWIW, I'm not even 100% that they were ready to launch it then and just ended up pushing it back. I think someone sent (what will be) the "new" schedule to the tv listing services by mistake.

To the best of my knowledge they are still planning to launch the 6:30pm show. They still have paid programming running as a placeholder in the 11:30am slot. Hot Bench will end up moving to that 11:30am slot with Jeopardy! receiving a double-run in the 3:00 hour and ET taking up residence in the 4:30 slot. Also, when it launches Rena Sarigianopoulos and Jana Shortal will co-anchor the new 6:30pm show. If I'm going to make a wild ass guess at this point my guess is it will debut concurrently with the new set.

Yeah, I posted updates on my blog's twitter (@ChangeNewsBlog) that KARE 11 has pushed back the debut of the 6:30pm newscast from September to later in October to then again later in November and no, nothing. At least not yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It all just looks... sad. The monitor wall is shrunken; 55" TVs are just not big enough for that look. It does look like some high quality materials, but the cohesive design just looks dinky. And the desk... why?

It'll start looking like hell in three years.

Here's video that shows the 2 shot and 1 shot

http://www.kare11.com/life/home-garden/organics-recycling-expands-across-minneapolis/22674426

Not as bad close up, but sorely lacking depth and composition

I take it WCCO has been a problem for them in the ratings and this was their attempt to look more natural, but it feels like someone blended the spartan KSTP look with the WCCO modern / Minnesota materials look, and we got...this.

Archived