CBS Sports debuts new logo

swillh2k2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The score not lining up with the team abbreviation is killing me. Other than that, it's an improvement. Someone back me up on this, but the new bar seems to follow the TNF template, no? NBC still has the best package, and TNF is a close second.

The score not lining up with the team abbreviation is killing me. Other than that, it's an improvement. Someone back me up on this, but the new bar seems to follow the TNF template, no? NBC still has the best package, and TNF is a close second.

I have a feeling the Thursday Night presentation is going to change. The incumbent Thursday Night theme is musically related to the NFL on CBS music. NBC won't want that. And they can't use NBC imagery because of the CBS stuff, and then there are games on NFL Network.

What I bet is going to happen, is that they're going to dump the shared presentation. CBS might keep the music but pair it up with their new look, and I bet NBC might play off their SNF package.

NFL Network could keep the CBS-era look or just revert back to the black/silver (but the latter probably won't happen)

I'm beginning to project a top-left scoreboard, or maybe even bottom-left (could a bottom-left scoreboard work for football? It didn't look too bad for baseball

I believe bottom left bugs work better with baseball because most of the action occurs in the middle to upper right of the frame.

With football there are much wider shots showing the field and more players.

Oddly enough, some of how this look was what I predicted Sportsnet was probably going to do for the NHL re-launch until they went with that glossy blue one instead.

I also poked through and found this http://www.benbullockdesign.com/NFL-on-CBS (He's a Troika freelancer)

Could these have been unused concepts for the previous CBS graphics before they ended up going with that steel/gloss/Klavika treatment they ended up using instead? Heck, that boxy scoreboard there actually seems like it could have been reasonable enough for the aesthetic.

Bets it'll take another year for CBS Golf to upgrade to the current Troika graphics.

It shouldn't. A promo for the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am aired during The Super Bowl Today yesterday using the new graphics and logo.

I'd expect to see the golf graphics debut this weekend.

Bets it'll take another year for CBS Golf to upgrade to the current Troika graphics.

It's been mentioned, but the new look doesn't match the old one in any shape or form, so 100% the new look is adopted across the board right away. That's also consistent with what CBS said themselves.

I doubt it since that look is based off the general Turner look.

Personally, I saw some similarities to the outgoing CBS stuff. Besides, a CBS revamp, a TNT NBA update, and new logos for TNT and TBS would tell me that something new is on the way this March...but that's just me.

Here's the basketball version debuted yesterday.

[GALLERY=media, 773]CBS Sports basketball score bug 2016 by RGSJenkins posted Feb 9, 2016 at 3:01 PM[/GALLERY]

I don't like how the scorebar is right on top of the bottom line, it's not a good look. Also, the bottom line is too big. Save for the scorebar, which is a little too simplistic for me, I do think the rest of the package is solid.

Personally, I saw some similarities to the outgoing CBS stuff. Besides, a CBS revamp, a TNT NBA update, and new logos for TNT and TBS would tell me that something new is on the way this March...but that's just me.

CBS aired a quick March Madness promo during one of the Super Bowl breaks. The March Madness logo looked slightly updated from what we've seen for the past few years, including the new TBS/TNT logos and using the CBS Eye/logotype lockup. The graphics in use since 2011 are definitely a Turner Sports design, so I wouldn't hold your breath for any monumental updates even in lieu of the new CBS Sports look. I'm curious to see what they come up with for sure.

It shouldn't. A promo for the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am aired during The Super Bowl Today yesterday using the new graphics and logo.

I'd expect to see the golf graphics debut this weekend.

Though as usual the Masters probably will require the early 2006ish graphics to remain. Probably the only concession they'll make is to the font and new Sports logo, and even with that Augusta will need to be convinced that it'll be as readable as large-print Helvetica or Futura.

Though as usual the Masters probably will require the early 2006ish graphics to remain. Probably the only concession they'll make is to the font and new Sports logo, and even with that Augusta will need to be convinced that it'll be as readable as large-print Helvetica or Futura.

No doubt there since the median golf viewer age is trending toward 70, 80 for the Masters.

Archived