CBS Sports debuts new logo

swillh2k2

Is it perhaps a little uninspired? Probably. However, I found their last look to be very dated by the 4th quarter of Super Bowl XLVII, so anything a little more modern and different is welcomed.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it perhaps a little uninspired? Probably.

"Uninspired" describes pretty much everything CBS has done for their network news graphics for the past decade at least. It's not surprising that the network that thought

was network quality would adopt something plain and relatively boring for their sports division.

Not to say I don't like it... I think it's a very well done design. But it's bland enough it doesn't really stick out when out up against other sports network graphics packages.

"Uninspired" describes pretty much everything CBS has done for their network news graphics for the past decade at least. It's not surprising that the network that thought
was network quality would adopt something plain and relatively boring for their sports division.

Not to say I don't like it... I think it's a very well done design. But it's bland enough it doesn't really stick out when out up against other sports network graphics packages.

I think they are just taking the safe route - as they do with almost everything they touch.

Blue gradient graphic with an uninspiring DIN fonttype. Sports divisions are really nailing the 'modern design' thing to home. >_>

Another thing, Sinclair is that you?

I think NBC Sports nailed it in their current look. Frank is a great font for broadcast and the matte elements of the package as well as their animations are subtle and easy on the eyes and don't take away from their purpose of conveying information.

Got a glimpse of the new graphics at 11 a.m. during a The Super Bowl Today Update. And I think every half hour until live coverage starts at 2.

They also did those updates in their last Super Bowl, XLVII.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we see these graphics on college basketball and golf next weekend.

Looks like we're doing the top-right bug like Fox and NBC too. (presumably it'll be that CBS NFL logo in regular season, but it's the eye/SB50 logo one from earlier)

I'm beginning to project a top-left scoreboard, or maybe even bottom-left (could a bottom-left scoreboard work for football? It didn't look too bad for baseball

Overall, although it seems to rip pages from Fox, ESPN, and Gannett, the entire scheme as a whole has a very geometric feel

Archived