USNewsie

Funny that you mention that. I was going to catch WCAU's 11am newscast online live feed. Not realizing it was preempted by tennis, the attached thumbnail was what came on (in video format obviously). It continued and there were some other different graphics which I did not capture.

They're using DIN again?!!?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the vid of that said promo, courtesy of the promo manager at TVJ.

What caught me about that promo is the "Always On" feature. If they do that for 4:00pm and ends up looking very good, then I want them to use that in the morning and from 4:00-6:30pm. That looks really good but I'm hopeful it looks good on TV.

IIRC, WTVJ used to have a 4:00PM newscast in early 2000 or '01.

Yes. NBC 6 News at 4:00 with Jackie Nespral from their Downtown Miami Studios at the then-new Triple A = American Airlines Arena. This was during their period of having studios at both Miramar and Miami to sorta have a Miami-Dade and Broward presence on air.

Too bad that program only lasted a year as it got axed quickly.

I recorded this in 2014 and put it up on YouTube since Florida NewsCenter no longer has videos on its website.

Since WRC already has a 4PM newscast, any word on what they will do with the Noon slot currently occupied by The Meredith Viera Show? Make the Midday show 2 hours perhaps?

Since WRC already has a 4PM newscast, any word on what they will do with the Noon slot currently occupied by The Meredith Viera Show? Make the Midday show 2 hours perhaps?

Presumably ACCESS HOLLYWOOD LIVE. It's already on the O&Os that didn't have a 4pm. I assume the rest of the O&Os that already have a 4pm will get it too. I'm still wondering what's going to happen at KNTV.

I hope not. Hoping they acquire Access Hollywood Live in its place.

[MEDIA=vimeo]169273253[/MEDIA]

Looks like Look N takes some inspiration from the Hearst graphics. Wonder if they'll be different color variations of the graphics like Look A.

WVIT just debuted a couple new PSAs featuring the abbreviated "NBC CT" logo that features on their app so I'm betting that might be the next evolution with the new look. Bizarrely, no on-air spots whatsoever to tout the launch of the 4pm news.

I would have Adam & Trina do the whole 4pm hour. That way all four anchors (including Jackie & Jawan) would have 90 minutes at the anchor desk each weekday. And you wouldn't have to mess with the status quo after 5pm.

I don't see that as likely. With the addition of an hour I'd assume they'd move away from the split newscasts within the same hour.

Or how about:

4:00 & 5:30- Adam & Trina

5:00, 6:00, & 11:00- Jawan & Jackie

From Adam Kuperstein's twitter feed tonight:

[MEDIA=twitter]742466631390093312[/MEDIA]

So it appears it is a status quo on the 5pm hour. Although if a change to break the 5pm split would've happened, they would've announced it in a press release well in advance.

The only station in the market that don't split anchor team on the 5pm hour is WFOR.

From Adam Kuperstein's twitter feed tonight:

[MEDIA=twitter]742466631390093312[/MEDIA]

So it appears it is a status quo on the 5pm hour. Although if a change to break the 5pm split would've happened, they would've announced it in a press release well in advance.

The only station in the market that don't split anchor team on the 5pm hour is WFOR.

Yes, Adam & Trina did the entire 4pm hour and the 5:30pm half hour. Keith (in for Jawan who was on location in Orlando) & Jackie did the 5pm half hour and 6pm.

On a side note, it's odd how stations within the same ownership group do things different. WTVJ had Keith in for Jawan even though Jawan was on location, but WNBC had David on location and Sibila alone at the anchor desk. Then you have WCAU who goes solo at 6pm and 11pm (sometimes the 5pm too) when one anchor is off.

On a side note, it's odd how stations within the same ownership group do things different. WTVJ had Keith in for Jawan even though Jawan was on location, but WNBC had David on location and Sibila alone at the anchor desk. Then you have WCAU who goes solo at 6pm and 11pm (sometimes the 5pm too) when one anchor is off.

I'd imagine the suits have better things to do than to devise fill-in plans for the 10 stations. Hell, they seem content with letting one of their highest rated stations operate with 2 male anchor vacancies, affecting 3 weekday broadcasts.

Archived