USNewsie

That would leave WNBC as the only O&O with a midday broadcast at 12pm, as the other stations have it (or will have it) on its post-Today Show timeslot.

Anyone think they'll move it too? It'll be a tough sell competing with Price, The View & The Real.

But kudos to KNBC on moving it back to the old timeslot. That should've been the case when they brought it back.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would leave WNBC as the only O&O with a midday broadcast at 12pm, as the other stations have it (or will have it) on its post-Today Show timeslot.

Anyone think they'll move it too? It'll be a tough sell competing with Price, The View & The Real.

But kudos to KNBC on moving it back to the old timeslot. That should've been the case when they brought it back.

WNBC should leave it as is. Wayy to much competition in the 11am hour.

As for KNBC, their biggest challenge will be competing with KABC at 11am. KCBS is largely irrelevant, but they have an uphill battle for sure. One of the good things for them is that the AM anchors that normally fill in at midday, can leave a bit earlier.

WNBC should leave it as is. Wayy to much competition in the 11am hour.

As for KNBC, their biggest challenge will be competing with KABC at 11am. KCBS is largely irrelevant, but they have an uphill battle for sure. One of the good things for them is that the AM anchors that normally fill in at midday, can leave a bit earlier.

On the other hand, WNBC competes against news on both 2 and 7 at noon. I'd move it so they wouldn't be up against any news competition.

On the other hand, WNBC competes against news on both 2 and 7 at noon. I'd move it so they wouldn't be up against any news competition.

Yeah, but then again loyal viewers of TPIR or The View will not stop watching those shows.

Yeah, but then again loyal viewers of TPIR or The View will not stop watching those shows.

Doesn't seem to bother WCAU very much. They don't beat either show at 11AM but they are a competitive #3 in that time slot.

• 2 weeks later...

We finally know the anchor teams for the new 11am (formerly noon) and 4pm shows on KNBC. This was found on the anchor bios section of the NBC LA website. The noon show moves to 11am on 5/30, same day that the 4pm show re-debuts.

11am: Michael Brownlee and Kathy Vara/Michelle Valles. Michelle and Kathy will rotate since they both will still respectively anchor weekend mornings and weekend evenings.

4pm: Michael Brownlee and Carolyn Johnson

5pm: Chuck and Colleen

6pm: Chuck and Carolyn

11pm: Chuck and Colleen

We finally know the anchor teams for the new 11am (formerly noon) and 4pm shows on KNBC. This was found on the anchor bios section of the NBC LA website. The noon show moves to 11am on 5/30, same day that the 4pm show re-debuts.

11am: Michael Brownlee and Kathy Vara/Michelle Valles. Michelle and Kathy will rotate since they both will still respectively anchor weekend mornings and weekend evenings.

A quick sidetrack, what are the weather assignments for KNBC's newscasts these days?

As for the new anchor schedule, my goodness, I hate permanently-rotating anchor schedules.

That's stupid why not keep Carolyn on at 11 am or give it to Michelle or Kathy permanently instead of rotating them? Whoever moved off the weekend show would get replaced. I can see why Carolyn won't do the 11:00am show she's usually the primary fill-in for Colleen so probably easier for Carolyn to do 5 & 11 pm in between her 4 & 6 pm.

A quick sidetrack, what are the weather assignments for KNBC's newscasts these days?

As for the new anchor schedule, my goodness, I hate permanently-rotating anchor schedules.

From what I can tell Shanna, David & Anthony rotate the noon show with Shanna & David rotating weekend mornings with Anthony doing both weekend nights. I'm surprised Shanna, David or Anthony didn't get the 4 pm show.

So new weather lineup will look something like this:

Weekdays:

Today in LA - Crystal

11am - Shanna/David/Anthony rotating

4, 5, 6 & 11 pm - Fritz

Weekends:

Today in LA Shanna & David rotating.

Weekend evening's Anthony.

These are the possible anchor teams I've come up with when WTVJ launches their 4 pm newscasts:

Scenario 1:

4 pm: Jawan & Trina

5 pm: Adam & Jackie

6 pm: Jawan & Trina

11 pm: Jawan & Jackie

Scenario 2:

4 pm: Jawan & Jackie

5 pm: Adam & Trina

6 pm: Jawan & Jackie

Scenario 3:

4:00p - 4:30p Jawan & Jackie

4:30p - 5:00p Adam & Trina

5:00p - 5:30p Jawan & Jackie

5:30p - 6:00p Adam & Trina

11 pm: Jawan & Jackie.

These are the possible anchor teams I've come up with when WTVJ launches their 4 pm newscasts:

I would have Adam & Trina do the whole 4pm hour. That way all four anchors (including Jackie & Jawan) would have 90 minutes at the anchor desk each weekday. And you wouldn't have to mess with the status quo after 5pm.

I don't understand why they couldn't have the Today in LA crew handle the 11am newscast. Now the rotating anchors at 11am leads me to believe that this setup is only temporary and either the 11am or 4pm goes away in the fall of 2017.

I don't understand why they couldn't have the Today in LA crew handle the 11am newscast. Now the rotating anchors at 11am leads me to believe that this setup is only temporary and either the 11am or 4pm goes away in the fall of 2017.

WNBC also has rotating anchors at noon. I think part of it is they may be hesitant to have the morning team stick around. Another part of it may be they want to give weekend anchors a reason to stick around instead of moving to greener pastures.

I would have Adam & Trina do the whole 4pm hour. That way all four anchors (including Jackie & Jawan) would have 90 minutes at the anchor desk each weekday. And you wouldn't have to mess with the status quo after 5pm.

I don't see that as likely. With the addition of an hour I'd assume they'd move away from the split newscasts within the same hour.

I think generally there is two ways to go with this.

SCENARIO 1:

5&11- A Team

4&6 - B Team

Mornings&Midday: C Team

SCENARIO 2:

4,6,11: A Team

Midday&5: B Team

Mornings: C Team

Going back to KNBC, they should've put Michael Brownlee at 6pm too and gave the 11am to the morning crew.

I don't see that as likely. With the addition of an hour I'd assume they'd move away from the split newscasts within the same hour.

I don't think they will. Their A-team is pretty solid at 5 & 6. Even though one station might break away from a half hour split (like WNBC), doesn't have to mean all stations would.

Or how about:

4:00 & 5:30- Adam & Trina

5:00, 6:00, & 11:00- Jawan & Jackie

Scenario 1:

4 pm: Jawan & Trina

5 pm: Adam & Jackie

6 pm: Jawan & Trina

Scenario 2:

4 pm: Jawan & Jackie

5 pm: Adam & Trina

Scenario 3:

4:00p - 4:30p Jawan & Jackie

4:30p - 5:00p Adam & Trina

5:00p - 5:30p Jawan & Jackie

5:30p - 6:00p Adam & Trina

11 pm: Jawan & Jackie.

A Memorial Day pursuit in the Southland. Started a little after 11am when KABC and KNBC were on air. It is still going on now at 12:45pm, KCAL is now in the mix. Should be a nice little ratings boost for KNBC and their newly moved 11am newscast. Just when LA thought it would be a quiet news day, a pursuit takes place. Let's see if it carries on into the 1pm hour for KTLA to join in.

A Memorial Day pursuit in the Southland. Started a little after 11am when KABC and KNBC were on air. It is still going on now at 12:45pm, KCAL is now in the mix. Should be a nice little ratings boost for KNBC and their newly moved 11am newscast. Just when LA thought it would be a quiet news day, a pursuit takes place. Let's see if it carries on into the 1pm hour for KTLA to join in.

It was a lame ending and I blame the idiot driver. Many resources were used to cover your little joyride. TV anchors had to vamp for more that 2 hours while you just toddled around socal.

Ch 7 even had a 2nd chopper launched and you couldn't even bother to run and let the doggies get you.

I guess even the real criminals took the day off.

It was a lame ending and I blame the idiot driver. Many resources were used to cover your little joyride. TV anchors had to vamp for more that 2 hours while you just toddled around socal.

Ch 7 even had a 2nd chopper launched and you couldn't even bother to run and let the doggies get you.

I guess even the real criminals took the day off.

Amateur hour. Can't even get a quality car chase these days.

WTVJ just aired a promo, the 4PM newscast debuts June 13th anchored by Adam K and Trina, Adam Berg with weather, and Stephanie Bertini with traffic.

On the other hand, Keith Jones is anchoring all newscasts solo tonight.

WTVJ just aired a promo, the 4PM newscast debuts June 13th anchored by Adam K and Trina, Adam Berg with weather, and Stephanie Bertini with traffic.

On the other hand, Keith Jones is anchoring all newscasts solo tonight.

Really? So just like WNBC huh starting June 13th? Well then this leaves WVIT with no date yet.

And WMAQ. Their announcement just said August. No date nor anchors.

I know that WMAQ is somewhere in August but WVIT TRULY doesn't have a date yet. It originally said late May for them, but now is delayed.

Originally, it said late May for all 4 and only KNBC had its promise kept. WNBC and WTVJ debut June 13th while WMAQ goes August and WVIT has nothing yet.

Isn't press releases great? *sarcasm*

Archived