WRAL loses CBS affiliation effective next month

bostonmediaguy

That is some impressive (and subtle) creative right there, I love the use of the colors to easily suggest it's NBC without having to say it. Although I'm sure there are fun outtakes of that peacock not cooperating a bit. :p

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stumbled upon this on WNCN's website. http://wncn.com/2016/01/27/wncn-announces-cbs-lineup-adds-local-news/

It gives us a glimpse at the new graphics and tells us the new name. WNCN will now be known as CBS North Carolina and the news with be called North Carolina News

As of now CBSNorthCarolina.com redirects to WNCN.com; I suspect that will change soon.

I stumbled upon this on WNCN's website. http://wncn.com/2016/01/27/wncn-announces-cbs-lineup-adds-local-news/

It gives us a glimpse at the new graphics and tells us the new name. WNCN will now be known as CBS North Carolina and the news with be called North Carolina News

As of now CBSNorthCarolina.com redirects to WNCN.com; I suspect that will change soon.

Holy hell... that will be awful. But I guess they are getting the name from North Carolina News. The name doesn't seem right to me for some reason.

CBS North Carolina?!?!? There's about 6 markets in North Carolina! Why not brand as CBS Triangle, CBS 17, or even "WNCN CBS"? Media General just ignited my pet peeve!

CBS North Carolina?!?!? There's about 6 markets in North Carolina! Why not brand as CBS Triangle, CBS 17, or even "WNCN CBS"? Media General just ignited my pet peeve!

Nexstar will probably force them to revert back to being called WNCN months after the merger is done (either that or rebrand the station as Local 17).

Also they have made changes to their originally planned schedule. Judge Judy will be at 9:30 and Judge Mabelan at 12:30 and 1. Why not a double run of Judge Judy at 12:30, a much better lead out to the news if they are not going to air Young and the Restless at 12:30 or an hour of noon news?

The name wouldn't have been my first choice. I know Raleigh is the state capital and all, but it's too broad of a name for a CBS affiliate in the Triangle as opposed to the entire state.

The look has a little of a CBS O&O vibe to it meshed with the recently launched graphic package at WSPA....even tying in the new CBS Sports graphics too...

Archived