WEWS Rebrands with new logo

news89

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah, true that.

And you (and Jim) reminded me...

6abc_2COLOR_Dark-Bkgd-300x232.jpg

if they were both owned by ABC, we wouldn't be having a problem right now. (Although the Alphabet logo in the TV5 logo is a bit too big for serviceable use.)

The difference being that WPVI has used the same typeface for the "6" since the LATE 1960s when they were still WFIL-TV.

I'm surprised nobody, and I mean nobody, has realized that they actually took the logo verbatim from Channel 5 in the UK - the one they used up to earlier this year. There are no changes except for the addition of the ABC logo.

ieq8.jpg

As slapdash as the look is, I don't think it's that vile. In fact, I never really cared for the outgoing version of the circle-5. The original is great, but the redone version as seen on WEWS never looked right.

I'm surprised nobody, and I mean nobody, has realized that they actually took the logo verbatim from Channel 5 in the UK - the one they used up to earlier this year. There are no changes except for the addition of the ABC logo.

ieq8.jpg

As slapdash as the look is, I don't think it's that vile. In fact, I never really cared for the outgoing version of the circle-5. The original is great, but the redone version as seen on WEWS never looked right.

I do wonder why the 2007 version even existed at all.

told ya!!!

I really want to know what design firm was hired to create this, and for how much.

it was designed by the most popular agency in the scripps corporation... the Scripps Graphics Hub...

WEWS picked this logo out of a dozen or more logos the hub pitched... the only people who can be blamed for this are the people at WEWS...

ieq8.jpg

Uhhhmmm...

All I can say is...thank God Channel 5 UK changed it's logo already, or else a lawsuit would've went to Cleveland immediately.

...yeah, sure.

[ATTACH=full]3351[/ATTACH] It's official at TV5 Eyewitness News. Wait News5 is alive. This logo was updated in the past hour compared to the first one I posted.

200?cb=20140521214148

Looks like WOI-TV in Des Moines, but whoever at WEWS created the current logo should be FIRED! WEWS should be in 4th place where at least WOIO 19 logo is more effective.

OK! WHO THE HELL APPROVED THIS?!? I literally could've did this in 5 minutes! This makes the "Cleveland 19" logo look like the old "Circle 5". Someone at Euclid is getting a b*tch slapping for this.

This logo makes Cleveland 19's logo look good...

Looks like we have a champion in the "Worst TV Station Logos" department, the cruddy "FOX25" logo has dropped to second place.:rolleyes:

I think its a tie, with this one having a slight edge because at least the new WEWS logo has the actual ABC logo.

If they wanted to rebrand, why is WEWS STILL using "Power of 5" for weather? Then again, WOIO is STILL using "First Alert Weather".

Isn't it because they use 5 radars? Thus they have the "power of 5" radars?

What about KJRH's "Storm Shield Weather"? They renamed their weather department after the app!

How is naming the department after an app any different than the NBC stations adopting "Weather Plus" as their weather branding back in the day?

There are no words....

The silver lining is that as soon as this brand fails, they can go back to the ORIGINAL Circle 5. Please, for the love of god....

For a station that is still owned by their founders, Scripps just needs to go away....right now.

Cleveland TV is not what it used to be. I think Youngstown is putting out a better product these days.

There are no words....

The silver lining is that as soon as this brand fails, they can go back to the ORIGINAL Circle 5. Please, for the love of god....

For a station that is still owned by their founders, Scripps just needs to go away....right now.

Cleveland TV is not what it used to be. I think Youngstown is putting out a better product these days.

20160927_131509.thumb.png.7a5c6126e4a32876ba4ecad569ce0140.png

Archived