WEWS Rebrands with new logo

news89

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I can say is...thank God Channel 5 UK changed it's logo already, or else a lawsuit would've went to Cleveland immediately.

Despite this, it still looks like trash.

The old logo is timeless and shouldn't have been replaced in the first place.

It looks like a knockoff of the Citadel-era WOI/5 logo. I couldn't help but laugh when I first saw this.

Dorothy Fuldheim ought to be crawling out of her grave and head to the station to kick senior management in the butt.

It looks like a knockoff of the Citadel-era WOI/5 logo. I couldn't help but laugh when I first saw this.

Dorothy Fuldheim ought to be crawling out of her grave and head to the station to kick senior management in the butt.

Oh yeah, true that.

And you (and Jim) reminded me...

6abc_2COLOR_Dark-Bkgd-300x232.jpg

if they were both owned by ABC, we wouldn't be having a problem right now. (Although the Alphabet logo in the TV5 logo is a bit too big for serviceable use.)

It's official at TV5 Eyewitness News. Wait News5 is alive. This logo was updated in the past hour compared to the first one I posted.

That is fucked up. They could've kept the 2007 logo. You catch these kinds of logos in smaller markets.

Whoever thought about bringing this logo to life should be fired.

Disagree completely. That logo (and the one that came after that one) is SO much better than this crap. Even I can make a better logo.

Use the WPTV logo (with the NBC peacock swapped out) already. It wouldn't take them two minutes to do so.

I really want to know what design firm was hired to create this, and for how much.

At least go with ABC Modern to line up with the logo or add some gloss. This is just all kinds of blah, like a Wyoming NBC affiliate circa 1978 switched to ABC and needed to cover up the 'trapezoid N' CTV simsub-style. Hopefully the on-air use is much better, but as-is it's very dull.

Kind of bad 70's or 80's pancake flat look there...

"Pancake flat" is the prevailing aesthetic of the moment, and this is keeping with that.

There is no creativity in this logo. No interesting flair like the old Circle 5 had or anything. The introduction of computers into the design world seems to have really done a number on local TV design, because broadcasters only want cheap, fast design, nothing memorable. (The 1998 "NewsChannel 5" logo demonstrates that too!)

Ahh TV5, wait WEWS. Is about ready to rebrand maybe today. Facebook and Twitter logos have been updated. Management went all out for a new logo.[ATTACH=full]3350[/ATTACH]

OK! WHO THE HELL APPROVED THIS?!? I literally could've did this in 5 minutes! This makes the "Cleveland 19" logo look like the old "Circle 5". Someone at Euclid is getting a b*tch slapping for this.

Archived