WJBK's Getting a New Set

TennTV1983

IIRC; nine of the FOX O&Os have gotten new sets from BDI, FX Group, and DDG. And with this move; it makes #10. Four of the FOX O&Os are still have

their current sets from the 2006-07 are in desperate need of new sets in the near future (KDFW, KRIV, WFLD, and WNYW). You can cross out KTBC and

KTVU because there's no need to get new sets.

IIRC; nine of the FOX O&Os have gotten new sets from BDI, FX Group, and DDG. And with this move; it makes #10. Four of the FOX O&Os are still have

their current sets from the 2006-07 are in desperate need of new sets in the near future (KDFW, KRIV, WFLD, and WNYW). You can cross out KTBC and

Don't forget JHD Group, which did KTTV's set (as well as WJZY's lounge set, which has since been remodeled into a more traditional one by same company).

Make Note FOX 2 NEWS; just went an hour at 6pm on Sept 12. The station now does news from 5-7pm. WXYZ in it hey day used to do News from 5-7pm during the Bonds/Lewis/Timmons era which won the evening news back in the day.

FOX 2 making some gains, and happy to see a new set in their future.

It looks like JHD is doing WJBK Fox 2's set. There are some concepts on the JHD page.

Yeah, just like there's pics of the WLS set from last year...oh, wait.

Don't hold your breath on that being the winning product.

Make Note FOX 2 NEWS; just went an hour at 6pm on Sept 12. The station now does news from 5-7pm. WXYZ in it hey day used to do News from 5-7pm during the Bonds/Lewis/Timmons era which won the evening news back in the day.

FOX 2 making some gains, and happy to see a new set in their future.

FOX 2 is already #1 in all the demos by a comfortable margin and XYZ only stopped doing 5-7 when they moved World News Tonight from 7 to 630 when 9/11 happened...

FOX 2 is already #1 in all the demos by a comfortable margin and XYZ only stopped doing 5-7 when they moved World News Tonight from 7 to 630 when 9/11 happened...

I know FOX 2 owns the morning news #1 in HH & demos, but for the evening news I thought Local 4 wins at 4,5,6,11 in HH and demos? XYZ 3rd at 5PM, but move up to second place at Morning, Noon, 6,11pm in HH and demos?

I knew when 9/11 happened WXYZ aired World News at 6:30PM, but never knew why they didn't go back to airing the news for an hour at 6pm. I personally knew people who were invested in the hour long 6pm news, and the whole 5-7PM block as well.

I know FOX 2 owns the morning news #1 in HH & demos, but for the evening news I thought Local 4 wins at 4,5,6,11 in HH and demos? XYZ 3rd at 5PM, but move up to second place at Morning, Noon, 6,11pm in HH and demos?

I knew when 9/11 happened WXYZ aired World News at 6:30PM, but never knew why they didn't go back to airing the news for an hour at 6pm. I personally knew people who were invested in the hour long 6pm news, and the whole 5-7PM block as well.

Demos:

For the last 2-3 years mornings have been

2-7-4.

Noon is 2-7-4.

4-630 is 2,4,7.

11 is 2,4,7.

Households is almost always 4,7,2. 2 has beat 7 at 5 and 6 once in a while during sweeps.

I heard Devlin is doing KRIV and should be launching before the end of the year.

Devlin is doing the work on this one. Not JHD Group.

Don't trust conceptual designs.

Seems kinda sad when a set designer has to advertise work they didn't get to beef up their portfolio, doesn't say much for the overall body of their work experience or marketing acumen.

• 5 weeks later...

WJBK's new set debuted this evening. Here are some pics from Roop Raj's Twitter page:

[MEDIA=twitter]794143868497248256[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]794120971053502464[/MEDIA]

Along with a video tour:

[MEDIA=twitter]794117810070818816[/MEDIA]

Wow. The Fox stations have continued to kill it with their new sets. This one from WJBK is no exception. It's bigger, brighter, more expansive and more technologically-advanced. And the design and features are just awesome. This has to be the best Fox station set to me.

And yet, Fox continues to neglect WNYW- their set is now 10 years old, and the logo on the front of the desk is badly faded. C'mon, you guys, get them a new set!

The way they're running things right now at 5, it might be the least of their priorities. And that's a shame. Should've started working on a new for 5, just as soon as 29 gotten finished with theirs in the summer.

KDFW, KRIV, WFLD, and Former FOX O&O WJW needs a new set as well.

But I wouldn't be surprised if WFLD be the last station to get a full set change. Their studio space is much smaller than spaces like WNYW & WTXF. 32 was the last station with the Blythe set. And any change would have to accommodate with that limited space. I'm sure no one wants to see a new set that is extremely cramped like sardines in a can.

I'm hoping next year WJW can finally get a set that would just "blow out the water" like KCPQ's. But I'm not holding my breath.

[ATTACH=full]3485[/ATTACH] On the other hand... yuck if that's their two shot... that is one weird looking desk...

That desk looks off in that shot. Other than that, epic set for Detroit. Shout out to Fox for ponying up big bucks for some good sets. Hopefully, WFLD finally gets to remodel it's broom closet of a studio.

Archived