WFLD new set

atlnews2

I really hate the whole top secret bull that stations are doing right now. What's the big deal with keeping a local freaking news station's studio upgrade a secret? KTRK in Houston wouldn't even comment on their new studio when viewers questioned it. Geez

I really hate the whole top secret bull that stations are doing right now. What's the big deal with keeping a local freaking news station's studio upgrade a secret? KTRK in Houston wouldn't even comment on their new studio when viewers questioned it. Geez

I think the easy answer is that they like to make a production out of everything once the set is revealed and don't want anything/anyone taking away from that. I agree it makes no sense to not acknowledge a set is being built, but what can you do.

I'm reserving full judgement til I see the desk, but so far, it looks quite nice. Hopefully they don't make it look cheap on-air.

I too will reserve full judgement until I see everything, but I don't like the clear logo on the wall (it looks cheap). Accident or not, at least it appears they could be either hours or a day or two away from a reveal.

Next month? Originally was said to be finished in late March. I guess they're a little behind.

Little over two weeks behind schedule. From the picture, it looks like everything is in place, so (ideally) it shouldn't be much longer.

Those lights above that monitor are weird looking. I wonder if they are temporary.

I doubt they'd spend the time and money to install them if they weren't going to keep them there (which is where they need to be to backlight talent standing in front of the monitor.) They probably won't be seen on camera 98% of the time anyways...

Sometimes stations wait to debut a set at a specific time. Just because it's done doesn't mean they're going to rush to debut it. I think I know why they're waiting, though...

I doubt they'd spend the time and money to install them if they weren't going to keep them there (which is where they need to be to backlight talent standing in front of the monitor.) They probably won't be seen on camera 98% of the time anyways...

Sometimes stations wait to debut a set at a specific time. Just because it's done doesn't mean they're going to rush to debut it. I think I know why they're waiting, though...

My guess is it'll be debuted April 27th...Just saying! :-)

• 3 weeks later...
Your turn, WBBM and WGN.

I'm pretty sure changes at WGN will take place under the next ownership regime.

WBBM desperately needs to do something. The fact that their current set is a stripped down version of what it was intended to be is laughable.

Wasn't WGN on the list to get a new set from Tribune this year?!? Although in light of the sale to Sinclair that could very well be history. If it's left up to Sinclair, I wouldn't mind if they get something like KOMO's set.

A new set would seem to be way, way, way down on the list for WGN. Tribune Media signed a lease to move to the Illinois Center this summer. They also signed a 10-yr lease to remain at Bradley Place. I highly doubt Sinclair will spend a penny until those things, among many others, are worked out first. So a new set (investment) may be not be in the cards for some time.

Archived