Lori Stokes leaves WABC.

CircleSeven

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm gonna get attacked for this but I don't know how well it's going to work with an all female line up.. I know it shouldn't matter but it does. If this is true I really don't know what Lori and her agent were thinking.. still hoping this is somehow wrong and Lori winds up on evenings with Steve or Ernie.

Assuming that article is true (Lori starts on-air in Greg's place on Monday), it seems pretty odd (if not stupid) that WNYW would stick her in the chair without having her first become familiar to the audience (either as a reporter, a fill-in anchor, or at least by running promos).

So, I too will wait for Fox 5 to confirm the news before believing it.

Assuming that article is true (Lori starts on-air in Greg's place on Monday), it seems pretty odd (if not stupid) that WNYW would stick her in the chair without having her first become familiar to the audience (either as a reporter, a fill-in anchor, or at least by running promos).

So, I too will wait for Fox 5 to confirm the news before believing it.

Agreed but when they added Jen and Sukanya to the early mornings they announced it in a tweet the night before. I will say this morning they were talking about Greg's wedding and stuff and seemed like nothing was changing anytime soon.

Odd report today in NewsBlues. States Greg Kelly is moving to 6 and 10. It goes on to say it is making room for Dave Price. And Ernie Anastos will continue to anchor at 5 (?) and Harry Martin who is being displace will continue to anchor on WWOR (??????). It is linked to a Newsday article. Wasn't this the moves that were made several years ago. And didn't work out. Didn't Harry Martin leave 4 years ago when WWOR began their "Chasing Crap" show? Definitely somehting is way off here.

Odd report today in NewsBlues. States Greg Kelly is moving to 6 and 10. It goes on to say it is making room for Dave Price. And Ernie Anastos will continue to anchor at 5 (?) and Harry Martin who is being displace will continue to anchor on WWOR (??????). It is linked to a Newsday article. Wasn't this the moves that were made several years ago. And didn't work out. Didn't Harry Martin leave 4 years ago when WWOR began their "Chasing Crap" show? Definitely somehting is way off here.

They said today that they somehow found that outdated story in their inbox and they immediately removed the story from their daily column when they realized their error.

There's no chance that Harry will return to TV anytime. He's into photography now.

Apparently Steve is only filling in today and tomorrow.. does that mean Lori starts Wednesday? Or will someone else finish out the rest of the week.. I don't think it would be a good idea to have Suki or Jen fill in.. that might turn people off if they think of of the "new" people are Greg's replacement (they don't seem to be too popular on social media)

Technically Lori is anticipated to start in November. Steve belongs in the evenings. And people wouldn't want to waste their time watching an obnoxious anchor like Suki in the first place. She doesn't relate anything and the singing isn't gong to help. PIX11 did the right thing to fire her.

Archived