Lori Stokes leaves WABC.

CircleSeven

Sarah Wallace was passed over for Eyewitness News This Morning and Noon in 1996 for Nancy LoozQUOTE="moshewx, post: 187531, member: 140"]You are correct about Ms. Jenkins. She was also a solid journalist as is Ms. Bookman. Would love to see Sandra Bookman anchoring weekdays.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sandra is solid.. but not a morning anchor, in my opinion. I'd like to see Michelle, Shirleen, or someone from the outside.. just like when Lori was brought in and when Liz was brought in.

And.. oh, how I wish Lisa Colagrossi did not leave us so soon. What a natural fit she'd be in that chair.

I agree Sandra is not right for mornings tho she should have a weekday slot.Michele and Shirleen are both real possibilities. Sandra can take over at noon if Shirley gets mornings. Right. In 2000 obviously WABC didn't think anyone in house was right to take over for Nancy Loo for mornings and same in 2003 for Diana Williams at 11 pm. Maybe they should try combinations that don't involve Ken. With Bill possibly retiring soon maybe the weekend term moving to weekdays would be best. Have Rob Michelle and Amy on weekday mornings and have Ken and Shirleen and Amy on at noon. Bill Evans has been with the morning and noon show

For 25 years.

Sandra is solid.. but not a morning anchor, in my opinion. I'd like to see Michelle, Shirleen, or someone from the outside.. just like when Lori was brought in and when Liz was brought in.

And.. oh, how I wish Lisa Colagrossi did not leave us so soon. What a natural fit she'd be in that chair.

I agree Sandra is not right for mornings tho she should have a weekday slot.Michele and Shirleen are both real possibilities. Sandra can take over at noon if Shirley gets mornings. Right. In 2000 obviously WABC didn't think anyone in house was right to take over for Nancy Loo for mornings and same in 2003 for Diana Williams at 11 pm. Maybe they should try combinations that don't involve Ken. With Bill possibly retiring soon maybe the weekend term moving to weekdays would be best. Have Rob Michelle and Amy on weekday mornings and have Ken and Shirleen and Amy on at noon. Bill Evans has been with the morning and noon show

For 25 years.

Rob and Michelle are a dream team, in my opinion. I would love to have 'em on my screen every day... any time slot. As for Bill Evans, I don't see him ever retiring. And as much as I enjoy Amy, I'd be bummed not to have Bill on my screen every morning.

If anything I can see Amy Freeze in the distant future easily taking over for Bill. She's terrific on the Weekend Mornings. And of course that will open the slot for a future weather anchor. As for the morning team, I think Michelle's bubbly attitude really suits the morning show well, but you know what they really ought to not underestimate Lauren Glassberg. Every Christmas Morning, Lauren and Bill do a stunning job. Lauren is really warm and cordial for that show in a way very similar to Lori's style of delivery so I think that she should really be considered for the role too. In fact, I think she's the best pick personally.

If anything I can see Amy Freeze in the distant future easily taking over for Bill. She's terrific on the Weekend Mornings. And of course that will open the slot for a future weather anchor. As for the morning team, I think Michelle's bubbly attitude really suits the morning show well, but you know what they really ought to not underestimate Lauren Glassberg. Every Christmas Morning, Lauren and Bill do a stunning job. Lauren is really warm and cordial for that show in a way very similar to Lori's style of delivery so I think that she should really be considered for the role too. In fact, I think she's the best pick personally.

Oh, please God no. Amy is PAINFUL to watch. I mean, aside form the fact that she looks like a Mom dressing to cling onto her hey days in her 20's, she just cannot banter. You watch Michelle and Rob, both extremely entertaining and with great chemistry and then Amy comes in and sucks the fun out of the room.

Keep her on weather. There at least we can expect her to be wrong quite often.

Lets not forget who Amy Replaced she replaced the lady who lied about being raped, plus i could also see her replacing Lee since she had Chief Meterologist experience (if lee decides to retire once kids are out of school)

Amy is only 2 years younger than Lee. If he stays around long enough to rationally contemplate retirement, then she'll have no chance of that promotion, especially considering the perceived shelf life of women versus men in this business.

Oh, please God no. Amy is PAINFUL to watch. I mean, aside form the fact that she looks like a Mom dressing to cling onto her hey days in her 20's, she just cannot banter. You watch Michelle and Rob, both extremely entertaining and with great chemistry and then Amy comes in and sucks the fun out of the room.

Keep her on weather. There at least we can expect her to be wrong quite often.

Okay, you literally made me guffaw out loud with this post. I respectfully disagree. Then again, I also follow Amy on social media, and she tends to be fairly entertaining, although I do wonder when she spends time with her husband and kids. She is online a LOT at various events and exercise joints! LOL! But, yeah, I do dig her. I find that she has a dryer wit that most on the team.

You will have to agree that, even with your point of view on Amy, she is far more appealing on camera than Jeff Smith. He seems like a super smart and friendly enough guy, but he's kind of a dud in terms of on-air charisma.

I think starting next week, once vacations are over and stuff well be seeing a lot more testing. Probably see Lauren and Sandra a lot more. Maybe even Candice McCowan or Diane Macedo?

I agree about testing more, as well as probably seeing more of Lauren and Sandra. Dunno about Candice. That seems like an enormous leap, given that she just arrived. Diane Macedo is an interesting idea. Alas, as much as I want Michelle Charlesworth or one of the other women in-house to get the gig, my gut tells me that this will go to someone from out of town. Is there a rising star in another affiliated city that we should keep an eye on?

Okay, you literally made me guffaw out loud with this post. I respectfully disagree. Then again, I also follow Amy on social media, and she tends to be fairly entertaining, although I do wonder when she spends time with her husband and kids. She is online a LOT at various events and exercise joints! LOL! But, yeah, I do dig her. I find that she has a dryer wit that most on the team.

You will have to agree that, even with your point of view on Amy, she is far more appealing on camera than Jeff Smith. He seems like a super smart and friendly enough guy, but he's kind of a dud in terms of on-air charisma.

I mean, I love Jeff Smith. He fits the profile of a future Lee Goldberg. Maybe he's not as jovial as Lee on camera, but he is highly intelligent at the weather and would make a great replacement whenever Lee decides he's ready to call it a career at WABC.

Well, yeah. I'm certainly not advocating Jeff Smith gets the gig as anchor. Amy just...sorry. She does less than nothing for me.

Ken Rosato said on yesterday's Facebook Live that his new coanchor would likely be someone internal and that it'll hopefully be announced soon. He said the candidates are anyone you've seen coanchor with him the last few weeks. So, we know Michelle Charlesworth, Toni Yates, Shirleen Allicot and Sandra Bookman are the top four candidates.

In an unusual (but refreshing, I think) display of honesty, the other day someone commented on one of Michelle Charlesworth's Facebook posts saying they hope she is named Ken's co-anchor, if she wants to be. She replied: "I do!"

I'd say she's the likely (and logical) choice among the internal candidates.

Agreed. Michelle has paid her dues and is the best fit internally.

Michelle is the best fit. Sandra is the one whose next in line. But I honestly think they should give to Shirleen as they are already on female anchor overload for weekdays. If Shirleen has to give up noon, then give noon to Diana or Liz (unless they want to rotate between Sandra and Michelle). If Sandra or Michelle get it, Toni should get weekend mornings (with Michelle going to weekend evenings if Sandra gets the morning gig).

I believe Sandra's been there longer. I know this sounds bad, but that recent lawsuit and allegations tell me Michelle could be at a disadvantage for the possible promotion.

I was just thinking that too. While Michelle is the most qualified I see it going to Shirleen. If Michelle gets it though Toni should and will likely get weekend mornings

I believe Sandra's been there longer. I know this sounds bad, but that recent lawsuit and allegations tell me Michelle could be at a disadvantage for the possible promotion.

It looks like they've both been there since 1998. Nevertheless that is an interesting point I hadn't considered.

I suspect that a decision such as this one, though, is not made solely by Camille Edwards. I'm thinking Dave Davis has final say. But, could be wrong.

Archived