Lori Stokes leaves WABC.

CircleSeven

Lori would likely take over for Stacey or David st both 11am and 5pm. They don't need a breaking news anchor.

Doubt they are going to move Natalie off the 11 pm show just for Lori. Stefan just got the 11 pm gig with Natalie and they already do the 4 pm show. Once Chuck officially retires its obvious Stefan is going to get the 6 pm show as well. My guess is Lori replaces either David or Stacey at 11 am and is a breaking news anchor for the 4, 5 & 6 pm shows.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Lori takes over for David and David joins WABC like I said. Maybe Diana or Bill are retiring soon or he will take over for either one of them or perhaps Stacey is leaving and Lori and David will be reunited. They briefly co-anchored together at WABC YEARS AGOz

Lori would likely take over for Stacey or David st both 11am and 5pm. They don't need a breaking news anchor.

Could we stop? Throwing darts at the wall of 95% unlikely outcomes is so silly, especially when there's no particular reasoning involved. Otherwise, pretty sure this is only going to devolve into another speculation thread.

Sorry.

Could we stop? Throwing darts at the wall of 95% unlikely outcomes is so silly, especially when there's no particular reasoning involved. Otherwise, pretty sure this is only going to devolve into another speculation thread.

Sorry.

I hope she decides to make cheese...or be a lumberjack...or open a Bodega. Maybe she is a closet fly fisher-woman, who is moving to Montana to tie her own flies.

Or......

She is going to work for Trump....(thud)

Oh you guys would Sh$T entire cantaloupes if that happens.

NO!!!! It's a free country for now and a free forum. If you don't like it simply don't respond. There is nothing wrong with speculation. My guess is Lori will be on the 5pm newscast and possibly another one as well. I'll bet $50 on that happening.

Sorry.

I think you're all reading a little too much into this tweet. It is common for reporters to end a tweet or at least include in tweets their company page, in this case @NBCNewYork. i.e. "On the scene of yada yada yada @NBCNewYork"

Also, where is the tweet? Doesn't exactly look real to me, could have easily been fabricated by the user who literally joined yesterday. What reporter would use "My-Ex" in a tweet? If Brian did actually tweet this, I doubt he would say that. I could be wrong but I just don't believe that this tweet is real, and if it is, I still don't see where it says she's joining WNBC. :smash:

Right. I looked at Brian Thompsons tweets and I don't see it there. Perhaps Lori is joining CBS News. Maybe Norah O'Donnell is going to CBS Evening News and Lori is taking her place on CBS This Morning or maybe Lori is going to take

Over on the CBS Evening news tho I don't think that is likely. It's fun to speculate. Maybe Lori will even run for congress.

I think you're all reading a little too much into this tweet. It is common for reporters to end a tweet or at least include in tweets their company page, in this case @NBCNewYork. i.e. "On the scene of yada yada yada @NBCNewYork"

Also, where is the tweet? Doesn't exactly look real to me, could have easily been fabricated by the user who literally joined yesterday. What reporter would use "My-Ex" in a tweet? If Brian did actually tweet this, I doubt he would say that. I could be wrong but I just don't believe that this tweet is real, and if it is, I still don't see where it says she's joining WNBC. :smash:

Can't find tweet either. Maybe deleted because of strange language (or that screenshot was fake?). Either way, Brian seems to end some tweets by tagging NBC New York.. so I'd say a little too much being read into that also. To leave EWN so suddenly, Lori is likely (or maybe I'm hoping) is going to network/cable or some different direction outside of NYC local TV news.

Maybe Norah O'Donnell is going to CBS Evening News and Lori is taking her place on CBS This Morning

I don't want to get into too much speculation but that's something I didn't think of. I think Lori would do great at CBS This Morning replacing Norah. And even before this idea, I always thought Norah was the best insider to take over the Evening News. We shall see..

Or maybe she can join The View! Haha. I remember she was a guest co-host for The View once lol. Honestly, though wherever she goes, she will do well. She's phenomenal at what she does and she exudes such positive energy. Time will tell in the coming days where she lands next.

If Lori is not joining WNBC my guess is CBS News Morning. I do think Norah is going to take over the CBS Evening News which will create a vacancy on CBS This Morning.

I don't want to get into too much speculation but that's something I didn't think of. I think Lori would do great at CBS This Morning replacing Norah. And even before this idea, I always thought Norah was the best insider to take over the Evening News. We shall see..

Do you think we will know in a few days? It's possible Brian Thompson took his tweet down cause of a non complete clause.

Or maybe she can join The View! Haha. I remember she was a guest co-host for The View once lol. Honestly, though wherever she goes, she will do well. She's phenomenal at what she does and she exudes such positive energy. Time will tell in the coming days where she lands next.

Do you think we will know in a few days? It's possible Brian Thompson took his tweet down cause of a non complete clause.

That is true! Well on her Instagram page she did say she's "excited" about her future. So we'll have to wait to see what suprise has in store for her loyal fans.

That was my first thought. Heck, they might shift her off the noon, but (in my opinion) she's too young and new to only be doing only one show. And yes, I realize Diana and Bill only anchor for an hour each day, too.

I'm thinking they'll replace her with Shirleen. She seems like the most logical candidate since she's on at noon but who knows. Michelle and Toni are also strong contenders as well with Michelle being there I believe the longest (I may be wrong).

If they replaced her with Shirleen I switch channels Michelle and Toni are better than her and have more time on ABC

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/17/exclusive-major-shake-up-coming-to-foxs-oo-station-in-nyc

Says Sukanya Krishnan (formerly of Pix 11) will co-anchor "Good Day Wake Up"

Lori Stokes (formerly of ABC 7) will co-anchor "Good Day New York"

If true we can rule out Lori joining NBC 4 New York.

Find that very hard to believe. They already messed with the morning once and it failed miserably. Plus I don't think Rosanna and,Lori would be good together.

Archived