Vegas Coverage

ColDayNews

Here in San Diego

KSWB- used Hal Eisner from KTTV and sent Aric Richards

KGTV- Using their sister station ABC13 reporters

KUSI- CNN and PPR reporter/producer Maddie Sinclair was on vacation in vegas and reporting via over the phone

KNSD- reporter Rory Devine- convention center and morning anchor Greg Bledsoe at Mandalay Bay

KFMB- Shannon Handy on vacation in Vegas and is reporting from the strip with help with CBS vegas affiliate

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WSB sent their weekend anchor Justin Wilfon to Las Vegas, though it should've been Craig Lucie or Justin Farmer; WAGA’s Russ Spencer could be on his way as well.

Dunno who the international outlets (BBC, ITV, Sky, CBC, CTV, Global, the Aussie networks, etc.) deployed...

Not going wall-to-wall with a major story can actually be a strategy... Not everyone wants to watch rolling coverage of something and would rather watch Judge Judy or whatever.

There are three other stations covering it plus the cable networks.... They're not doing a disservice by offering an alternative for people to escape from reality for a bit.

I do believe that the were covering it as much as the other local Vegas stations. The difference is that KLAS didn't have a consistent stream of their coverage (NewsOn didn't have a stream going for KLAS either).

This just highlights the significant disadvantage that Nexstar stations (at least ones that weren't formerly LIN stations) have when it comes to covering breaking news events because they don't bother to invest in equipment that will let them stream their news coverage.

I do believe that the were covering it as much as the other local Vegas stations. The difference is that KLAS didn't have a consistent stream of their coverage (NewsOn didn't have a stream going for KLAS either).

This just highlights the significant disadvantage that Nexstar stations (at least ones that weren't formerly LIN stations) have when it comes to covering breaking news events because they don't bother to invest in equipment that will let them stream their news coverage.

At least Sinclair streams its newscasts at most of their stations (although it's only during the times they go live on-air). Nexstar really needs to get with the program on this one.

Agreed. Unfortunately we have someone here who made jokes after the last major shooting (Pulse Nightclub in Orlando) and after the recent hurricanes, and disguise it as "humor" while others turn a blind eye because the poster is a regular.

So make your case bub.

How about you repost what offended you so much.

I for one would like to know just how sensitive you are.

You won't repost it...because it was NEVER offensive to begin with.

You still haven't defined "inappropriate"...from your last lame rant.

Go ahead and take shots at me if you wish.

I can handle you with one fin cut off and in the soup....in my sleep.

Here in San Diego

KSWB- used Hal Eisner from KTTV and sent Aric Richards

KGTV- Using their sister station ABC13 reporters

KUSI- CNN and PPR reporter/producer Maddie Sinclair was on vacation in vegas and reporting via over the phone

KNSD- reporter Rory Devine- convention center and morning anchor Greg Bledsoe at Mandalay Bay

KFMB- Shannon Handy on vacation in Vegas and is reporting from the strip with help with CBS vegas affiliate

KNSD also sent Liberty Zabala to Vegas.

I thought KFMB sent their own crew and truck since Shannon had a KFMB mic flag. I knew she was already town but did not know that KLAS was helping them out. I was assuming they were stretched thin with extended coverage.

I thought KFMB sent their own crew and truck since Shannon had a KFMB mic flag. I knew she was already town but did not know that KLAS was helping them out. I was assuming they were stretched thin with extended coverage.

Maybe KFMB FedEx'd them the mic flag.

I noticed that KFMB was streaming CBSN on the KFMB website.

Is that new?

I noticed that KFMB was streaming CBSN on the KFMB website.

Is that new?

I want to say they've done it before, but it's not often. Hell, they don't even stream their newscasts and they're the only station in the market not to do so.

I didn't realize that they didn't stream the shows.

I wonder what's behind that decision?

They used to stream the newscasts on an app called Syncbak a few years ago, then for one reason or another they discontinued it. They have never consistently streamed their newscasts online except for a few major breaking news situations over the years. I'm not sure why they don't stream-- monetization? Advertisement restrictions? who knows. The sad part is that KUSI whom didn't even have a fully functioning website up until 10 years ago or so, streams their newscasts online. Go figure.

5 reasons why the locals sent crews to Vegas.

*Bonded cellpacks make it easy for your guys to go "live" all by yourselves....

*Cheap flights...many each day from all over CA...

* "Local" victims and heroes of all types...

*The network reporters suck worse than your own reporters...

*$29 rooms Sun-Thurs at Hooters Hotel right across the street.

(from "Anon" on the Lieberman 415 media blog)

WSB sent their weekend anchor Justin Wilfon to Las Vegas, though it should've been Craig Lucie or Justin Farmer; WAGA’s Russ Spencer could be on his way as well.

Dunno who the international outlets (BBC, ITV, Sky, CBC, CTV, Global, the Aussie networks, etc.) deployed...

I know Global sent out a national reporter/camera and producer. CTV sent out three crews as well - one of which is their Los Angeles reporter.

Not sure about CBC in terms of numbers (it'll be a lot though).

So make your case bub.

How about you repost what offended you so much.

I for one would like to know just how sensitive you are.

You won't repost it...because it was NEVER offensive to begin with.

You still haven't defined "inappropriate"...from your last lame rant.

Go ahead and take shots at me if you wish.

I can handle you with one fin cut off and in the soup....in my sleep.

Sorry... I don't have time to go through ... the million posts per day you make ... with a million dot dot dot's sprinkled into each one ... to find the exact posts ... but will gladly ... point it out ... in the future.

5 reasons why the locals sent crews to Vegas.

*Bonded cellpacks make it easy for your guys to go "live" all by yourselves....

*Cheap flights...many each day from all over CA...

* "Local" victims and heroes of all types...

*The network reporters suck worse than your own reporters...

*$29 rooms Sun-Thurs at Hooters Hotel right across the street.

(from "Anon" on the Lieberman 415 media blog)

Tragedy in Vegas and your making jokes. Cheap flights and Hooters Hotel as to why stations sent reporters. You have a sick sense of humor.

Tragedy in Vegas and your making jokes. Cheap flights and Hooters Hotel as to why stations sent reporters. You have a sick sense of humor.

Seriously dude/dudette. STFU.

You have a sick sense of humor.

The kids say "sick" is the bombdiddy.

Maybe you could ask another user where the "ignore" button is.

Now that you have ducked my responses I ask you this...

Are you over 18...because I don't think you are mature enough to be in these forums.

You have proof of age?

Archived