Vegas Coverage

ColDayNews

What time does George get in usually? He was on before 4:30 AM CDT. Or was he there all night?

He took over for World News Now about 3:15'ish ET outside of the Times Square transfer. Matt and Savannah started coverage at 5am ET (MSNBC and NBC were the same until then). For some reason, CBS never cut over to CBSN during Overnight and continued to carry tape outside of special reports.

Really telling though? Not one thought about Megyn Kelly this morning at all, Today stayed in breaking through her hour.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really telling though? Not one thought about Megyn Kelly this morning at all, Today stayed in breaking through her hour.

I was wondering what NBC would do if there were any SR's during her show. Granted this was an extreme circumstance, but I wonder if they would use her in a less serious time, such as waiting on a presser from POTUS, resignation of a public official, death of a well known actor, singer, etc.

I was wondering what NBC would do if there were any SR's during her show. Granted this was an extreme circumstance, but I wonder if they would use her in a less serious time, such as waiting on a presser from POTUS, resignation of a public official, death of a well known actor, singer, etc.

I’m now thinking that they may have recorded her show - solely if they end coverage early for the west coast.

KNTV sent Cheryl Hurd and Raj Mathai on the first flight out to Vegas this morning

KTVU used Hal Eisner from KTTV to report from Vegas

KGO and KPIX used the network correspondents.

UPDATE: KPIX sent Juliette Goodrich to report

KNTV sent Cheryl Hurd and Raj Mathai on the first flight out to Vegas this morning

KTVU used Hal Eisner from KTTV to report from Vegas

KGO and KPIX used the network correspondents.

KSTS appears to have sent Andrés Brender.

I’m now thinking that they may have recorded her show - solely if they end coverage early for the west coast.

Yeah it's not real good PR to send the live studio audience home after standing in line for 3 hours.....

...and after begging them to attend.

Not telling at all. If Today's Take was still on I doubt they would have handed over coverage to them either. You all need to take a chill pill with Megyn. It's like you guys are nitpicking to find a reason for her to fail.

WHIO's James Brown hints of special reports tonight: "We'll continue to follow this story and we'll have updates from CBS News and from NewsCenter 7 all throughout the night tonight, with a full wrap up at 11."

That's a major disappointment for KLAS, and a blown opportunity for Nexstar to provide coverage to Las Vegas viewers and its other stations.

I wish another company had bought KLAS instead of Nexstar.

Not going wall-to-wall with a major story can actually be a strategy... Not everyone wants to watch rolling coverage of something and would rather watch Judge Judy or whatever.

There are three other stations covering it plus the cable networks.... They're not doing a disservice by offering an alternative for people to escape from reality for a bit.

CBS fired one of their legal executives, Hayley Geftman-Gold, after making the following comment: “I’m actually not even sympathetic [because] country music fans often are Republican gun toters”.

I'm not into Country music that much, but nobody deserves this illogical heartless shit. And some country fans aren't even Republicans or gun toters.

She deseved her termination.

CBS fired one of their legal executives, Hayley Geftman-Gold, after making the following comment: “I’m actually not even sympathetic [because] country music fans often are Republican gun toters”.

Unfortunately, many elitist liberal snobs share her opinion. Being a lawyer, she should've had the common sense to keep it to herself.

Not going wall-to-wall with a major story can actually be a strategy... Not everyone wants to watch rolling coverage of something and would rather watch Judge Judy or whatever.

There are three other stations covering it plus the cable networks.... They're not doing a disservice by offering an alternative for people to escape from reality for a bit.

Agreed. I lived not too far from the Pentagon on 9/11 and every channel in the area was covering the attacks, even WBDC simulcasted WPIX & WDCA simulcasted WWOR & CBS News, the only respite was WMPT/WETA who aired kids shows, plus the cable nets like Nick, Cartoon Network, Disney, etc.

I'm not sure if any of the major OKC stations will travel to Las Vegas this week but most if not, all of the big four OKC major stations went to Will Rogers World Airport today and talked to those that arrived back to Oklahoma City from Vegas and talked about what happened that night, etc.

I'll also say another thing, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families and victims of what I firmly believe will go down as THE worst mass shooting in American History as far as the amount of deaths are concerned.

Rest in peace to the 59 people that have died in this senseless attack in Las Vegas.

Actually three reporters: Chip Yost at the convention center, Mark Mester at one of the hospitals, and Christina Pascucci on the strip. It does make sense as there were multiple So Cal victims. Wonder what the other LA stations are doing.

I woke up around 1am due to my phone going off with all the news alerts. I'm not sure where KTLA was with this story, they usually own breaking news. 2/9, 4, 7 and 11 all had wall to wall coverage with their late news teams. I fell back asleep around 2am, by then KTLA had taken CNNs feed. I woke up again around 4:30, KTLA was in wall to wall mode. It looks like they may have been a little late, but Chris, Megan, Eric Spillman and Christina Pascucci definitely were the team to beat this morning.

Nothing says out of touch than making a comment like this right after a major tragedy occurs.

Agreed. Unfortunately we have someone here who made jokes after the last major shooting (Pulse Nightclub in Orlando) and after the recent hurricanes, and disguise it as "humor" while others turn a blind eye because the poster is a regular.

WMC-TV reporter Felicia Bolton was in Vegas at the time of the shooting, and is doing live reports from there as of this evening.

WKRN has sent Brent Remadna while WSMV sent Jeremy Finley to do reports from Vegas on the tragedy.

Archived