Possible Nexstar sale?

Georgie56

@TexasTVNews posted it in the shoutbox, so I thought this was worthy of a thread. [URL='https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nexstar-m-a-apolloglobal-exclusive/exclusive-apollo-approaches-tv-stations-owner-nexstar-about-acquisition-sources-idUSKBN1K120L?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Apollo+Makes+Overture+To+Buy+Nexstar&utm_campaign=Apollo+Makes+Overture+To+Buy+Nexstar']Reuters reports Apollo Global Management has interest in purchasing Nexstar.[/URL]

[quote name='Georgie56']@TexasTVNews posted it in the shoutbox, so I thought this was worthy of a thread. [URL='https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nexstar-m-a-apolloglobal-exclusive/exclusive-apollo-approaches-tv-stations-owner-nexstar-about-acquisition-sources-idUSKBN1K120L?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Apollo+Makes+Overture+To+Buy+Nexstar&utm_campaign=Apollo+Makes+Overture+To+Buy+Nexstar']Reuters reports Apollo Global Management has interest in purchasing Nexstar.[/URL][/QUOTE] The pressure mounts to lift the cap....

I'm sorry but we have the makings of Clear Channel right before our eyes I would keep an eye on both Nexstar and Sinclair because if they can't afford to pay bills they're in deep trouble

If a buyout forces a change at the top...more power to them!

If only Sinclair could be so lucky, I'm sure if the price is right, they could be bought out....

Meanwhile, Uncle Perry will make off like a bandit.

Here from Newsblues.com for Mon 7.16.2018

A sharp-eyed NewsBlueser over the weekend drew our attention to something that has thus far escaped Reuters, Bloomberg and a host of other Nexstar-300x148.jpgoutlets that have reported on the pursuit of Nexstar by Apollo Growth Management.

Why is no one talking about the connections between rumored Nexstar suitor Apollo Growth Management and Rupert Murdoch?

Is Rupert using Apollo to buy Nexstar?

Black has bought things before on Murdoch’s behalf.

Sure enough, back in 2014, Fox and Apollo teamed up to form Endemol Shine, a $2 billion Netherlands-based enterprise that produces “Big Brother,” “American Idol” and “MasterChef,” as well as “The Fall,” “Peaky Blinders,” “Black Mirror,” and “Broadchurch.”

And that’s just a partial list of the popular programming from the company.

Rupert will also have a lot of cash on hand with the sale of the Fox Entertainment properties to Disney (or Comcast).

Glaringly obvious.

Maybe he’s worried about Sinclair’s broadcast assets if they decide to challenge him with their own conservative platform?

Even more glaringly obvious. Sinclair’s announcement last week of a new streaming service called STIRR seems to shows that the company is on the verge of launching a direct competitor to Fox – at least through streaming, to begin with.

And if Sinclair would take that dream to the 200+ tv stations it is likely to soon own thanks to a spineless FCC, it would have a far larger potential audience than that possessed now by Fox News Channel.

Buying Nexstar would fill a lot of holes.

Inquiring minds want to know…

Indeed they do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/11/business/media/21st-century-fox-combines-with-apollo-to-form-tv-production-group.html

Here from Newsblues.com for Mon 7.16.2018

A sharp-eyed NewsBlueser over the weekend drew our attention to something that has thus far escaped Reuters, Bloomberg and a host of other Nexstar-300x148.jpgoutlets that have reported on the pursuit of Nexstar by Apollo Growth Management.

Why is no one talking about the connections between rumored Nexstar suitor Apollo Growth Management and Rupert Murdoch?

Is Rupert using Apollo to buy Nexstar?

Black has bought things before on Murdoch’s behalf.

Sure enough, back in 2014, Fox and Apollo teamed up to form Endemol Shine, a $2 billion Netherlands-based enterprise that produces “Big Brother,” “American Idol” and “MasterChef,” as well as “The Fall,” “Peaky Blinders,” “Black Mirror,” and “Broadchurch.”

And that’s just a partial list of the popular programming from the company.

Rupert will also have a lot of cash on hand with the sale of the Fox Entertainment properties to Disney (or Comcast).

Glaringly obvious.

Maybe he’s worried about Sinclair’s broadcast assets if they decide to challenge him with their own conservative platform?

Even more glaringly obvious. Sinclair’s announcement last week of a new streaming service called STIRR seems to shows that the company is on the verge of launching a direct competitor to Fox – at least through streaming, to begin with.

And if Sinclair would take that dream to the 200+ tv stations it is likely to soon own thanks to a spineless FCC, it would have a far larger potential audience than that possessed now by Fox News Channel.

Buying Nexstar would fill a lot of holes.

Inquiring minds want to know…

Indeed they do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/11/business/media/21st-century-fox-combines-with-apollo-to-form-tv-production-group.html

Do Nexstar and FTS have any conflict markets?

San Francisco, Tampa, Phoenix, Austin, and nominally DC (though signal contours could make a case for a WTTG/WDCA/WDVM trio).

I imagine the Nexstar stations would be the ones divested in all of those cases.

I imagine the Nexstar stations would be the ones divested in all of those cases.

And I believe all of them could be flipped to (G)Raycom and work out--and, honestly, all of them would be huge gets, KRON being the wild card that I imagine they could operate just fine.

And I believe all of them could be flipped to (G)Raycom and work out--and, honestly, all of them would be huge gets, KRON being the wild card that I imagine they could operate just fine.

Actually, that wouldn't be quite so doable in Tampa Bay as Raycom owns WWSB in the southern portion of the market. Nexstar's WFLA/WTTA could be seen as an upgrade, though.

San Francisco, Tampa, Phoenix, Austin, and nominally DC (though signal contours could make a case for a WTTG/WDCA/WDVM trio).

As long as Apollo Global is buying the stations separately from FTS, Apollo's separate investment with Fox in content shouldn't be an issue, especially as Disney is planning to initially buy Fox's share of Endemol Shine.

Archived