Out & About

TexasTVNews

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 11:44 PM, GraphicsMan said:

Had a brief stint at WCBS in New York in the 90s but he was part of the station “massacre” at that station which resulted in him getting laid off.

I realize but I think they and he want to forget that part… I didn’t think it was quite that long a stint…

Edited by ns8401

7 hours ago, ns8401 said:

I realize but I think they and he want to forget that part… I didn’t think it was quite that long a stint…

What do you make out that Devin Scillian didn't take the buyout? Will he get renewed on the next contract cycle?  He been a mainstay for 30 yrs.

15 hours ago, Breaking News said:

What do you make out that Devin Scillian didn't take the buyout? Will he get renewed on the next contract cycle?  He been a mainstay for 30 yrs.

He’s probably there as long as he wants to be but must figure he has more work to do or he’s having fun while it lasts. They won’t cut him unceremoniously or anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

WPMI has a new Chief Meteorologist.  Thomas Geboy returns to the area after a stint in Utah at KTVX.

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/nbc-15-welcomes-chief-meteorologist-thomas-geboy#

Before moving to Utah, he was a dayside meterologist who worked at WKRG, along with his predecessor, Alan Sealls.

...and here's his bio from WKRG, which they forgot to take down years back 😳

https://www.wkrg.com/author/thomas-geboy/

Edited by tyrannical bastard
Old WKRG bio...

8 hours ago, TennTV1983 said:

I remember Lunn from when he worked at WPTY (now WATN)/WLMT, WMC, and most recently KSTP. If the allegations against him are indeed true, that is a huge fall from grace.

What's up with some of these older news anchors loving on children? I can understand an 18-year-old because their legal adults, but under that age is sick. Keep in mind these people aren't even old enough to drink.

On 5/30/2024 at 10:16 PM, ns8401 said:

WDIV Is giving 4 of its veteran on air people and several behind the scenes people buyouts. Bernie Smilovitz (main sports anchor joined in 1986), Paula Tutman (reporter joined 1992), Rod Meloni (reporter joined 1995) and Mara McDonald (reporter joined 2004) have all accepted the incentives. This will take effect July 1. The GM even penned an open letter trying to convince everyone it’s not a cost savings move. Their quality has been slipping lately… I can’t imagine that’s going to markedly improve with the talent drain. 

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/television/2024/05/28/wdiv-tv-confirms-departure-four-veteran-members-news-team/73887265007/

Tom Sorrells, Chief Meteorologist at WKMG (who was also at WDIV before WKMG), has also taken the buyout, retiring on June 28th.

WKMG-TV Chief Meteorologist Tom Sorrells announces his retirement. Here’s how you can say goodbye (clickorlando.com)

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 7:17 AM, James said:

Tom Sorrells, Chief Meteorologist at WKMG (who was also at WDIV before WKMG), has also taken the buyout, retiring on June 28th.

WKMG-TV Chief Meteorologist Tom Sorrells announces his retirement. Here’s how you can say goodbye (clickorlando.com)

Mike Holfeld (former WXYZ) has also taken the buyout as well and will retire on July 1st.

News 6 Investigator Mike Holfeld says farewell after 25 years (clickorlando.com)