Out & About

TexasTVNews

That sounds pretty cool. Now I want to see how it works out.

Of course if you get a clip...

Thanks RKO

Thinking about it they've done it before. They had a spot of one of their anchors standing in the studio while a time lapse of the show going on in the background. Additionally they did a weather one with a satellite truck in the background against the sky with clouds in the harbor - with the dish moving around at different elevations.

Thinking about it they've done it before. They had a spot of one of their anchors standing in the studio while a time lapse of the show going on in the background. Additionally they did a weather one with a satellite truck in the background against the sky with clouds in the harbor - with the dish moving around at different elevations.

I think every possible chroma key effect was tried between 1968 and 1971...and a lot of pot was smoked at the same time in control rooms around the world....

This is just a question, but does anyone think the new GM at WOIO/WUAB in Cleveland will make a lot of changes, especially with the news department, and especially with talent? I do wonder if he'll even keep the "Cleveland 19" and "CLE 43" brandings.

Good to see Matt Stark back on the air.

Speaking of changes, WHBQ will be adding a 6PM newscast starting next Monday. It marks the first time in almost 21 years that they will be competing directly against the other stations in that time slot.

Will Mearl Purvis and Darrell Greene be headling the 6:00 newscast?

• Like 2

Will Mearl Purvis and Darrell Greene be headling the 6:00 newscast?

I'd bet they would but after all, Mearl is only on at 5 and 9 with someone else at 10 and Darrell does all the evening broadcasts so whoever else anchors the 10pm with Darrell could do the 6pm as well but I'm not entirely sure on that.

I'd bet they would but after all, Mearl is only on at 5 and 9 with someone else at 10 and Darrell does all the evening broadcasts so whoever else anchors the 10pm with Darrell could do the 6pm as well but I'm not entirely sure on that.

Based on the promos that have been running, Mearl & Darrell are anchoring the 6pm news. Whether or not there will be a shuffling of anchors in the 5:00 hour remains to be seen.

There are some transmitter issues keeping WBZ and WSBK from being on air. OTA and Satellite viewers are affected.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/10/22/transmission-issue-causes-outage-for-some-wbz-tv-viewers/

Additionally WCVB is running at low power.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/wcvb-operating-on-reduced-power-due-to-antenna-system-issue/42217168

Edit

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154142706842736

There are some transmitter issues keeping WBZ and WSBK from being on air. OTA and Satellite viewers are affected.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/10/22/transmission-issue-causes-outage-for-some-wbz-tv-viewers/

Additionally WCVB is running at low power.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/wcvb-operating-on-reduced-power-due-to-antenna-system-issue/42217168

]

How the hell do you "burn out" an antenna?

If your station is "burning out" antenna's...then you may want to get a new Chief Engineer.

Frying an antenna is more like it....lightning, power surges...dead bodies hanging from the waveguide will do it.

(picky, picky)

• Like 1

Over in Market #42 -- ABC13 News Now/WVEC adds an new fifth meteorologist (first in market, IIRC) and shuffles the weekend team around:

New Meteorologist Crystal Harper takes over Weekend Daybreak duties while the previous Weekend Daybreak meteorologist Iisha Scott moves to weekend evenings. Cool note: Crystal jumped from the Cheyenne market (#192) to take the job....(thanks Bob/VARTV for that tidbit), and is a former USAF meteorologist and is now a Naval reservist.

Evan Stewart, the former weekend evening meteorologist since the 1990s, received a promotion to Sr. Meteorologist and Director of Weather Content, and is now the primary 4pm Meteorologist, and is Jeff's primary fill-in for the later newscasts.

• Like 5

Veteran political reporter Sharman Sacchetti leaves WFXT/Boston after 11 years. Is she headed to NBC Boston?

http://www.newenglandone.com/news/local/boston/sharman-sacchetti-leaves-fox-25-boston.html

I'd possibly put WCVB above NBC Boston for assorted reasons, those possibly including that her husband is a sports producer there and the two actually met working together years ago. She would be a great get for either station.

• Like 1

Danielle Gersh is leaving WHDH and going back to Cali. Good riddance IMO; I strongly believed she was hired for eye candy and nothing else. Which is totally something WHDH would do.

EDIT: Just as an underqualified met leaves, another one comes. Gersh's replacement will be Wren Clair, coming from WJFW in Rhinelander, WI. Keep it up Mr. Ansin, see how well it works for you.

• Like 2

Danielle Gersh is leaving WHDH and going back to Cali. Good riddance IMO; I strongly believed she was hired for eye candy and nothing else. Which is totally something WHDH would do.

EDIT: Just as an underqualified met leaves, another one comes. Gersh's replacement will be Wren Clair, coming from WJFW in Rhinelander, WI. Keep it up Mr. Ansin, see how well it works for you.

I've noted that WHDH hasn't landed any in-market defectors in the past few months, despite the news hole at 7 News increasing significantly in the new year. WJFW, incidentally, is the sister station of Bangor, Maine's infamous WVII, where the GM ordered the news staff not to cover global warming stories until Bar Harbor was underwater and where both weeknight anchors quit on-air citing upper management interference in news coverage.

I'd possibly put WCVB above NBC Boston for assorted reasons, those possibly including that her husband is a sports producer there and the two actually met working together years ago. She would be a great get for either station.

Plus WCVB has a high-profile vacancy with Heather Unruh leaving earlier this month. I wouldn't rule out Sacchetti going to WHDH since longtime political editor Andy Hiller is leaving the station after the presidential election. However, as I've noted before, defectors to Channel 7 have been few and far between. That said, the Boston Herald is floating the Sharman-to-Seven rumor:

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/inside_track/2016/10/nbc_changes_ruffling_feathers

I've noted that WHDH hasn't landed any in-market defectors in the past few months, despite the news hole at 7 News increasing significantly in the new year. WJFW, incidentally, is the sister station of Bangor, Maine's infamous WVII, where the GM ordered the news staff not to cover global warming stories until Bar Harbor was underwater and where both weeknight anchors quit on-air citing upper management interference in news coverage.

Of course WABI creams them in the ratings as well...WABI is probably the most dominant (in its market) station in New England in a competitive market.

• Like 1

This quick video is something I'd expect from WJZ. WBAL apparently has billboards up around town announcing his return to Baltimore TV. I believe he was pretty popular on WJZ and slightly surprised he wasn't picked back up by them.

[MEDIA=twitter]791735863784931330[/MEDIA]

KCTV chief meteorologist Chris Suchan updated his social media profile today removing "chief" from his title; it's now just "Meteorologist Chris Suchan". Station website also doesn't list him as chief anymore either, but he's still listed online.