New PBS NewsHour Set & Graphics.

rkolsen

I love the set, supposedly took 4 years to come to fruition - probably most of it was planning and building the extension to the building. I love how they have large curved monitor wall slightly with its own background. The a separate backdrop allows  a canvas slightly with an aspect ratio larger than a 16:9 float above much like the 4:3 OTS elements. 

I also love the ingenuity of the two-two camera set up with a PTZ heads on the top/bottom of a cutout. It’s great that when they’re not in use they can slide back between two walls. 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/394023269948456961/1249911659632394240/RPReplay_Final1718072407.mov

IMG_6207.thumb.jpeg.87bad3557bb90949a006da9697db03ea.jpeg

Edited by 24994J
Removed broken/plain black images
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 1:26 AM, rkolsen said:

I love the set, supposedly took 4 years to come to fruition - probably most of it was planning and building the extension to the building. I love how they have large curved monitor wall slightly with its own background. The a separate backdrop allows  a canvas slightly with an aspect ratio larger than a 16:9 float above much like the 4:3 OTS elements. 

I also love the ingenuity of the two-two camera set up with a PTZ heads on the top/bottom of a cutout. It’s great that when they’re not in use they can slide back between two walls. 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/394023269948456961/1249911659632394240/RPReplay_Final1718072407.mov

IMG_6207.thumb.jpeg.87bad3557bb90949a006da9697db03ea.jpeg

I love it! The last set was amazing at the time it debuted, but honestly, it aged quite a bit so it was time for a new one! It's simple, not that complicated, but I love it for that, and the colors and lighting all tie into together nicely. I see some inspiration from parts of the old set, and some from Europe, like the use of the main wall as a set extension (which is beautiful). My eyes at first did not know how to take the new logo but I think since it debuted, it's grown on me. The graphics are pretty stellar as well. I think I seen that this set will also become Washington Week's set as well, I wonder how they'll change it for WW. Their outgoing set was a beautiful set too, probably better than the News Hour set.

Overall, I actually rank this as my second favorite of the main four evening newscasts' sets, behind the CBS Evening News set!

• Like 2

They premiered Washington Week from the new studio. Appears they use one pedestal camera shots. Along with the two PTZ cameras on each “retractable” wall. The PTZ appears to be setup where one is a wide shot and another is a close shot. They appear to use transitions to change the close up shot.