WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

It's taking place in steps beginning now and up until it's completed for each tenant.

For some reason I can't access the video but I'm surprised they would be starting the move now with the spectrum repack and the FCC station freezes. I do remember seeing construction permits in their FCC file but with the possibility of moving RF channels and possible moving of bands it could be a waste of money.

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Price is covering over at NBC Philly today.

TunedIn reports that former WCBS weekend morning anchor Diane Macedo is likely joining WNBC as 4:00 p.m. anchor: http://tunedinnyc.com/2016/03/11/diane-macedo-likely-returning-to-anchor-desk-at-wnbc/

NBC10 is short handed anchor-wise and weather people-wise. They are at 7 anchors and 3 weatherpeople. The morning weather person (Bill) is on vacation. The 5pm/11pm weatherperson (Sheena) is filling in in the morning and 11am. The 11am/4pm/6pm person (Glen) was supposed to handle 4pm/5pm/6pm/11pm but got the flu. Doug Kammerer (chief meteorologist at WRC in DC and former WCAU person) filled in Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 4/5/6/11. Dave today. WCAU is using per diem freelancers for the weekends, and I think Bill is still off next week too. Hopefully Glen's better or we may need Dave Price a few more days. Might I also say DC people were very possessive and upset on Facebook of Doug being loaned out to Philly (Doug is truly awesome!).

I quoted the second post because we also have an anchor shortage while WNBC is on a hiring spree. They have 8 weekday anchors possibly 9 if another is brought in to replace Shiba. WRC has 9 weekday anchors. WCAU has 7 TOTAL anchors.

Macedo is good, a very solid pickup for WNBC. (If this is true, given Barmash's spotty history.)

Not that I thought Natalie Pasquarella deserved the promotion, but it's telling that they passed over both her and Kerry Barrett.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wnbc-announces-anchor-change-at-6-pm-team-for-new-4-pm/167560

WNBC has announced new anchor lineups for its late afternoon/early evening newscasts in conjunction with the launch of the 4:00 p.m. newscast. Natalie Pasquarella seems to be the big winner.

4:00 p.m.: Stefan Holt, Natalie Pasquarella, Dave Price (Weather)

5:00 p.m. (back to a full hour): Sibila Vargas, David Ushery, Janice Huff (Weather)

6:00 p.m.: Chuck Scarborough, Natalie Pasquarella, Janice Huff (Weather), Bruce Beck (Sports)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Well anyway Elise said on Sunday night she'd be anchoring the news at 9 Mon-Wed on Facebook Live with Cindy Hsu.

Again, wrong thread. This is the WNBC thread, not the WCBS thread. This information belongs to the WCBS thread.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So has WNBC officially cancelled the 7 pm COZI news? We're now going into the third week without it - I guess with them gearing up for the 4 pm, there's only so many hours they can produce in one day.

So has WNBC officially cancelled the 7 pm COZI news? We're now going into the third week without it - I guess with them gearing up for the 4 pm, there's only so many hours they can produce in one day.

According to TV listings, it looks so because Baywatch is now on that timeslot. I've checked TitanTV, Zap2it, TV Guide, TVTV.us and some website called "On TV Tonight." All have Baywatch in that timeslot so... YEP.

I'll be reporting on it on my blog shortly then because nobody was told about this. Thanks for noticing.

The white and gray stripes at the top and bottom of the screen from the new graphics are ugly and need to go.

Also the lighter gray bar with the social media info is unnecessary. That should be on the right side.

It's annoying enough to keep me from watching the newscasts.

capture_20160612_231533.thumb.jpg.2192cc069c2269529cd3502b1d4cc48a.jpg