WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

The white and gray stripes at the top and bottom of the screen from the new graphics are ugly and need to go.

Also the lighter gray bar with the social media info is unnecessary. That should be on the right side.

It's annoying enough to keep me from watching the newscasts.

It looks even worse when nothing else is on the screen.

Honestly, this doesn't seem that bad IMO.

I agree they are pretty pointless, but I wouldn't put it past me to say they're ugly.

Also, removing the social links or moving the graphic somewhere else wouldn't make much of a difference since most people wouldn't care about them anyway (even if social media is driving news now), and them forcing you to stop watching a newscast is pretty ridiculous.

If anything, I'd rather take this over the recently-formed practice of zooming the camera on only the anchor's face with it taking up most of the screen. THAT is pointless, distracting and (dare I add) ugly.

• Like 1

Could've sworn I saw the 5pm open with the peacock and "4" next to each other and "News at 5" underneath. I thought their news was branded "News 4 New York at 5" (with appropriate time). The logo made it look like it read NBC 4 News at 5. Perhaps my eyes were deceiving me.

Could've sworn I saw the 5pm open with the peacock and "4" next to each other and "News at 5" underneath. I thought their news was branded "News 4 New York at 5" (with appropriate time). The logo made it look like it read NBC 4 News at 5. Perhaps my eyes were deceiving me.

That's generally the layout of the opens of the package.

Hello. Maybe that logo looked like it reads "NBC 4 New York News at 5." The word "News" was read twice in the opening logo for WTVJ NBC 6 Miami newscasts.

That's generally the layout of the opens of the package.

image.thumb.png.36f31b732a11a03fadc45e52ab8a6f2d.png

Doesn't read right though. If you're using a different branding it should be reflected as such (it was done in the previous package). The "News" at the bottom should be dropped.

Hello. Maybe that logo looked like it reads "NBC 4 New York News at 5." The word "News" was read twice in the opening logo for WTVJ NBC 6 Miami newscasts.

Hello. That's exactly how it reads, but that is not WNBC's branding.

Not sure what you're referring to with regards to WTVJ, but they use a different branding than WNBC.

[ATTACH=full]2963[/ATTACH]

Doesn't read right though. If you're using a different branding it should be reflected as such (it was done in the previous package). The "News" at the bottom should be dropped.

Not sure what you're referring to with regards to WTVJ, but they use a different branding than WNBC.

WTVJ's open say NBC 6 News and then in another line... News at (time).

Interesting that the noon newscast uses "News at 12" instead of "News at Noon".

Because some bean counter figured they could use it for a midnight newscast also.

"I saved you money boss".

• Like 5

[ATTACH=full]2963[/ATTACH]

I do agree with you on this.

News 4 New York is an iconic news branding; not just in Market 1, but also in all of US local TV news.

So of course the intro should reflect this.

But It makes little (if not no) sense to have an intro graphic not reflecting this with a it showing/reading something else instead.

And NBC 4 New York News is a mouthful to say in comparison anyway.

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there.... Does anyone think that by September Wnbc will move their noon newscast to 11am and have a stable anchor team since they are now the only NBC o&o with a noon newscast and it's not like ratings are particularly strong at noon for them.

Just throwing this out there.... Does anyone think that by September Wnbc will move their noon newscast to 11am and have a stable anchor team since they are now the only NBC o&o with a noon newscast and it's not like ratings are particularly strong at noon for them.

I suggested the move to 11am back when KNBC moved back to 11am, as that now leaves WNBC as the only NBC O&O with their midday news at noon. When I suggested, others said that it'd be a stupid move to go up against The Price Is Right and The View. I thought it would be smart because they would be the only news on at that time.

As for permanent anchors, it seems that Rob is permanent Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday (he also anchors weekend evenings), and David is permanent Thursday-Friday.

I could see them adding Kerry Barrett on all five days, or having her do three days (in addition to her morning duties, and possibly weekend evenings) with someone else (Natalie or Darlene perhaps) picking up the other two days.

• Like 2

If they want to gain a following for the midday (11 or Noon) they NEED to have a stable anchor team.. Same person or people all 5 days.. The most realistic and probable choice would probably be David Ushery and Kerry Berrett

• Like 3

This actually doesn't suprise me... Once he was passed up for the 4pm and he's been around for 3 years already I felt his days were probably numbered...the big question is who will replace him... as nynewslover said a couple up, Wnbc needs a stable anchor or anchors for their midday newscast so this will help... David Ushery will probably take over Mon.-Fri. but who will be on the weekend evenings because they have no one I can think of to take over.

This actually doesn't suprise me... Once he was passed up for the 4pm and he's been around for 3 years already I felt his days were probably numbered...the big question is who will replace him... as nynewslover said a couple up, Wnbc needs a stable anchor or anchors for their midday newscast so this will help... David Ushery will probably take over Mon.-Fri. but who will be on the weekend evenings because they have no one I can think of to take over.

Maybe Marc Santia can anchor weekends he's anchored in the past.

Kerry Barrett also comes to mind for both positions. If the news were to move to 11am I could see the morning team (Michael/Darlene) handling it.

Let me say this now. WNBC is not doing an 11 a.m. broadcast. The only reason the other stations have one because of their schedule. Many on the west coast and central don't have a noon broadcast. So let stop with this rumor of 11 a.m.

Let me say this now. WNBC is not doing an 11 a.m. broadcast. The only reason the other stations have one because of their schedule. Many on the west coast and central don't have a noon broadcast. So let stop with this rumor of 11 a.m.

To validate your argument, we all will gladly ignore WVIT, WCAU, WRC and WTVJ's newscasts at 11am...eastern time.

• Like 1

There are stations on the west coast and even in the midwest who have a noon broadcast. KPRC in Houston for example has a noon broadcast. Only reason KNBC moved its noon to 11am was to compete with KABC and KCBS who have 11am broadcasts.

• Like 1

All the NBC O&Os schedules are practically identical. Philly, DC, Miami, and CT all are on east coast, and all do 11am.

When LA moved thier's from noon to 11am, it was only announced on short notice. Same with Chicago back when that happen.

So while it may not happen, the reasons you offer are not on point and make no sense whatsoever.

• Like 3