Linda Church moving to weekends

cbs2idiots

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm bringing this thread back, this thread was an iconic (historic) thread for this forum, ever since WPIX made that switch for their 10PM broadcasts its died :D, I guess its because people simply don't watch the channel anymore, but anyway what is the status on Linda Church? Did she move to weekends? Is she still even at WPIX?

• 1 month later...

The insiders tell me Lisa Mateo has moved to the first part of mornings to do weather AND traffic from 4 to 6 am since Jill Nicollini left. Linda will do weather starting at 6am and Lisa will continue doing traffic and other segments. A station memo told staffers weather on the weekends will be filled by Craig Allen who's been freelancing there for the last few months.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Add Hilary Whittier to the list of new PIX reporters.

http://www.facebook....-Whittier-WPIX/

"Originally from San Antonio, TX. I graduated from TCU and worked as an anchor/reporter in Washington State before coming to NYC. Thrilled to be a reporter in the Big Apple! "

Early in October they also added Dan Mannarino most recently with FiOS1 News.

• 1 month later...

What happened to Linda Church?? She was off air for over 2 weeks and tweeted that she was in Beth Isreal Hospital in New York. She also said she had to go back in for more tweeking. Plastic Surgery or more serious??

What happened to Linda Church?? She was off air for over 2 weeks and tweeted that she was in Beth Isreal Hospital in New York. She also said she had to go back in for more tweeking. Plastic Surgery or more serious??

Much more serious:

Here's what she posted on Facebook this morning: "For those of you who have been asking here's my part that doesn't work... I perforated my bowel which sent infectious disease throughtout my abdomen. This is painful and obviously dangerous. I've mostly healed and will get several feet of my bowels cut out in January. Thanks to Beth Israel Hospital. I'm happy to be alive and mostly well. Thanks for you kind comments."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

She's been there since at least 1992, as I've seen a couple of WPIX opens from that era; she was doing weekends then. Then she went over to WCBS during the start of News 2 (the whole More news in less time, everytime thing), and into the "virtual set" phase, before she left to be a part of PIX Morning News (when it was WB11 Morning News). Speaking of, why did WPIX start so late (2000), compared to KTLA (1991) and WGN (1992 for weekends, 1994 for weekdays)?

• 5 months later...

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/meteorologist-rachel-frank-to-join-wpix_b121308

Is Linda leaving? Or is Rachel Frank doing the early morning weather?

They have Linda, Lisa and Chris. All qualified meteorologists, why they need to hire a new personality is questionable.

[Edit] Sorry, didn't see this was posted in the WPIX Forum, already.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/meteorologist-rachel-frank-to-join-wpix_b121308

Is Linda leaving? Or is Rachel Frank doing the early morning weather?

They have Linda, Lisa and Chris. All qualified meteorologists, why they need to hire a new personality is questionable.

[Edit] Sorry, didn't see this was posted in the WPIX Forum, already.

Rachel will do the 4:00a - 6:00a half, while Linda will do the 6:00a - 9:00a half. Chris I believe is just a freelancer, while Rachel is a permanent hire.

Archived