ABC World News Tonight

BehindNYNews

Eh, I'm not overly impressed. I like him as a correspondent, but like Cecilia Vega, there's something a little too dramatic and rehearsed in Llamas' delivery. Yes, David Muir does it, too, but he's mastered the art. I'd still rather see Jarvis or Pitts in the permanent role, but that seems increasingly unlikely.

Eh, I'm not overly impressed. I like him as a correspondent, but like Cecilia Vega, there's something a little too dramatic and rehearsed in Llamas' delivery. Yes, David Muir does it, too, but he's mastered the art. I'd still rather see Jarvis or Pitts in the permanent role, but that seems increasingly unlikely.

He seems a little rehearsed which I'm sure would go away with time. As for the dramatic part, I don't think its that bad, I think Cecilia does it more. I think it's just how he speaks, he did it at WNBC too.

Well, just when I was about to say it seems the chair is Cecilia's to lose, in comes Tom who does a pretty good job. Perhaps anchoring WNT weekend was the gig he was referring to when he mentioned a few months ago that he was leaving WNBC to take a "coveted job in network news." If that's the case, it would make sense that they allowed him to become acclimated to ABC and to viewers for a couple months before sticking him in the chair. Who knows.

Let's see who anchors next weekend...

Well, just when I was about to say it seems the chair is Cecilia's to lose, in comes Tom who does a pretty good job. Perhaps anchoring WNT weekend was the gig he was referring to when he mentioned a few months ago that he was leaving WNBC to take a "coveted job in network news." If that's the case, it would make sense that they allowed him to become acclimated to ABC and to viewers for a couple months before sticking him in the chair. Who knows.

Let's see who anchors next weekend...

And next weekend will be two nights of WNT weekend (at least in eastern/central) as I believe there is no 3:30 college football game on ABC.

It looks like the 'WN Webcast' of the Gibson era is being reincarnated under the Muir administration, albeit on a different forum...

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/world-news-tonight-launches-facebook-newscast_b247406

They just uploaded the first one on Facebook- looks good for what it is. Simple, fast paced, and quick. Maybe it would be more appreciated a little earlier in the day?

I do recall that the 'World News Webcast' was regularly posted at like 3 o'clock (Eastern). Ultimately, like the old webcast and the later years of the on-air news briefs, the 'Facecast' will largely serve as a promotional vehicle for the flagship.

BUT...when it came to overall viewers, NBC Nightly News is still the champ.

That's true, that's not new news though. I think bigger news is that ABC cut the gap with NBC in total viewers by -48% this sweeps. That is very impressive. Still I commend NN for a good sweeps as well.

Why does Tom Llamas insist on SHOUTING his way thru the newscast? It's especially obvious right after a reporter has delivered their own piece live on set, he then comes ROARING back and raises the decibel level to an uncomfortable place...

Why does Tom Llamas insist on SHOUTING his way thru the newscast? It's especially obvious right after a reporter has delivered their own piece live on set, he then comes ROARING back and raises the decibel level to an uncomfortable place...

His story reading is good, but his segues and banter/question-asking with correspondents could use some improvement. He's only done it twice, now. Give him time. Cecilia wasn't particularly natural her first few times either.

Yeah, David mentioned on Friday when she filed a report in-studio that she'd be on the desk this weekend. He did not, however, make any implication that it's permanent. I still think it won't be til after the holidays, and I wouldn't even rule out them going long-term with no formal anchor or even a return to separate anchors on separate nights, a practice dumped only 3 or so years ago.