MAJOR changes at WPIX

NYNewsCoverage

Okay, so if you haven't been in the general discussions forum, Dan and Marysol are essentially gone. Marysol is confirmed to be leaving, and Dan's future is uncertain. The morning news will be from 5am-9am, Suki and Kori will be anchoring the entire newscast. This comes only two days after John Muller was announced to be going to the 5&10pm broadcasts. Since this is very significant regarding PIX's future, I felt it deserved its own thread. Discuss the changes here.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very weird that they hired Rachel Frank for the 4-6am and now they are removing the 4am.

I wonder if Rachel is part of a bigger change in the weather department where Rachel takes over for Linda and Linda replaces Mr. G? (One can hope!)

Also funny, they go from starting 30min before everyone to 30min after everyone.

Just when PIX 11 was getting better, they have to screw with it again. The morning news GREW! It improved during sweeps. And they have to screw with it...

Very weird that they hired Rachel Frank for the 4-6am and now they are removing the 4am.

I wonder if Rachel is part of a bigger change in the weather department where Rachel takes over for Linda and Linda replaces Mr. G? (One can hope!)

I would like Linda to do the entire morning, Craig Allen to take over for Mr. G, and Rachel Frank to assume the weekend role (or Joe Cioffi or Chris Knowles). Linda is too hyper and adapted to mornings to go to evenings all of the sudden. Plus, without even bringing it up, people have told me that they watch WPIX and always refer to Linda Church like she's the weather icon of morning news. But I'll take anything over Mr. G.

I would like Linda to do the entire morning, Craig Allen to take over for Mr. G, and Rachel Frank to assume the weekend role (or Joe Cioffi or Chris Knowles). Linda is too hyper and adapted to mornings to go to evenings all of the sudden. Plus, without even bringing it up, people have told me that they watch WPIX and always refer to Linda Church like she's the weather icon of morning news. But I'll anything over Mr. G.

Mr. G needs to go, that's for sure!

What a shit show. Marysol was the only thing PIX had going for them in the mornings.

I agree, she was one of my highlights in the Mornings. I Don't understand why they are holding on to Suki, she needs to go.

I agree, she was one of my highlights in the Mornings. I Don't understand why they are holding on to Suki, she needs to go.

She's way past her prime and has become so irritating to watch. PIX should have dumped her years ago!

http://youtu.be/XlrjvFP87vI

PIX11 News will still air from 4-9am (with Suki and Kori) it is NOT changing to 5am.

The change is supposedly scheduled for June 16, so they could just be advertising this for now. They aren't going to remove the 4-5am part until it happens, plus this promo is likely temporary since the new traffic reporter is missing.

Yea it's about time now lets dump Church, Suki, Tamsen way to go WPIX

Really? No mysogony there.

I doubt it. Look at the station's personalities. Outside of Mr. G, there are very few men that have spent any legitimate amount of time at the station that can be blamed for the ratings woes. I think it's by sheer coincidence that the station's prominent talent are predominantly female, for the sake of this argument. I seriously doubt there was any sexist-related ill will in Bamagator's original statement, just fact. Why do all the new people get blamed and canned when the veterans might be the problem?

Suki is the one over the hiller, that has to go no appeal, overweight, and non-professional, must go! Tamsen and Linda are the only two that draw viewers.Marysol, Jill and Lynne White were major losses.

Archived