KTVU Branding Changes

C Block

I wonder how soon they'll get a new set (which will presumably be a Devlin one like the other O&Os have been getting).

The one they've got is pretty dated and they could use a new one - but I guess it would mean another big change to their visual identity, and they seem to be treading quite carefully here at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's a new logo for KRXI's Simulcasts of KTVU's 10:00 News.

Apparently the ID they show in between is Kinda Outdated. Sinclair should fix that maybe.

Still doing that 'eh? I wonder when KRNV will finally replace it with its own hour-long 10pm newscast.

Apparently the ID they show in between is Kinda Outdated. Sinclair should fix that maybe.

I'm surprised that they've kept the 10pm simulcast going, I figured they wouldve dropped it for a KRNV-produced newscast. But I guess after the backlash they got for dropping the Mornings on 2 simulcast they're hesitant.

I'm surprised that they've kept the 10pm simulcast going, I figured they wouldve dropped it for a KRNV-produced newscast. But I guess after the backlash they got for dropping the Mornings on 2 simulcast they're hesitant.

I just think Sinclair hasn't readied the station yet to produce it.

• 1 month later...

Looks like KTVU has ditched the generic Fox O&O opens, as Mornings on 2 was sporting a completely new, custom open today. Makes sense as it's a pretty big day for KTVU, with Gasia Mikaelian making her official Mornings on 2 debut and the premiere of the 4:00pm show later on. In-show graphics (lower thirds, etc.) remain the same.

I haven't had a chance to grab video yet, but here's a still. Overall looks pretty great, and I'm glad they've gone with something custom over the hub crap.

YjK3KdY.jpg

That looks so nice! Not sure about the use of Gotham, but otherwise, that's really excellent. This is the price I pay for being a temporary ex-pat I suppose. Maybe I can catch some video off my Comcast DVR later.

Guest Former Member 207

Looks like KTVU has ditched the generic Fox O&O opens, as Mornings on 2 was sporting a completely new, custom open today. Makes sense as it's a pretty big day for KTVU, with Gasia Mikaelian making her official Mornings on 2 debut and the premiere of the 4:00pm show later on. In-show graphics (lower thirds, etc.) remain the same.

I haven't had a chance to grab video yet, but here's a still. Overall looks pretty great, and I'm glad they've gone with something custom over the hub crap.

YjK3KdY.jpg

It does look a lot nicer than the standard graphics that the Fox O&Os currently use...I do wonder if and when these would used down the rest of the station group chain.

Their new 4pm newscast debuted today as well. Very soft type of Newscast. Very Social Media geared. Way better than KPIX's Nightbeat which is too overloaded with Social Media.

Their new 4pm newscast debuted today as well. Very soft type of Newscast. Very Social Media geared. Way better than KPIX's Nightbeat which is too overloaded with Social Media.

Is their 4pm newscast better than KGO's 4pm newscast? And nobody watches nightbeat because everybody is tuned to KTVU at 10pm.

Keep an eye out for KTVU. There could be more new opens throughout the day.

Evidently, KTVU is the WJZ of the FTS group. But I will say that KTVU has excellent opens that don't scream "FOX!!!!" Now if they could only do the same for the ex-New World stations (KTBC, KDFW, WJBK, etc.).

I have video! I forgot to record it in HD, but...it's still not bad for putting something together from far away.

If I had to guess, these opens are likely vestiges of what were going to be new in-house graphics before the Fox sale happened. The new show is interesting— quite a few in-depth, studio-based interviews and other segments about more cerebral topics like SF's housing crunch and Muni's perpetual woes.

Is there any particular reason why KRXI simulcasts news from a market 200 miles away?

Is there any particular reason why KRXI simulcasts news from a market 200 miles away?

KRXI, much like KTVU, was formerly owned by Cox.

It way too soon and too early to tell, but will we see these news opens on all the FOX O&O stations?

Very doubtful, these graphics look like they were created in-house based on the subtle "2" logo in the background and it matches their AM and 4PM promo look. I imagine WTVT would be the first to have any new opens, if they were going group-wide. I also don't think the hub would release a design so far off base from their own in-show graphics look without having matching franchise elements and lowers/fullscreens.

This was very likely made by whoever the remaining graphic artist is at KTVU.

Evidently, KTVU is the WJZ of the FTS group.

That is almost offensive to KTVU.

Probably because they are once owned by Cox?

Actually surprised Sinclair hasn't dropped the simulcast of the 10 O'Clock News yet.

That said, these new opens fit KTVU much better and they do look like they were done by the graphic designer that still remains there.

Archived