WLS To Get New Set

24994J

It's a nice temporary/secondary set to have, just in case something were to keep them out of the SSS. The previous temp, set looked really bad- regardless if it was temporary or not, the lighting and the background needed to be addressed if they were going to be using it for an extended period of time. Glad they put the time and effort to fix that.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this incarnation of the set has the non-glittery ABC 7 logo behind the anchors rather than the glittery one that was introduced last year.

The backlighting added to it to make it pop is a really nice touch.

My first thought was basic computer monitor, but then I noticed the laptops off to the sides.

Part of me wants to say they are lights; but the other part of me says being that big, and that close, they would put off way to harsh of a glow and blind the anchors.

It's possible they are prompter screens, especially if they are/were so cramped for space a full studio camera set up wouldn't fit.

Based on the wiring, I think they're program or air monitors. On the normal anchor desk these monitors are recessed below the desk behind glass but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to place them on the temp desk except right on top. Obviously the temp set wasn't a long term plan so it seems they didn't put a lot of effort into make it aesthetically pleasing.

Based on the wiring, I think they're program or air monitors. On the normal anchor desk these monitors are recessed below the desk behind glass but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to place them on the temp desk except right on top. Obviously the temp set wasn't a long term plan so it seems they didn't put a lot of effort into make it aesthetically pleasing.

"We'll get you the old desk soon but in the meantime sit and talk at the kids table"... :D

If so, I'm curious why both anchors need separate monitors when one would would be plenty on that size desk. One extra for sports, I can understand.

I guess the same could be said for my theory about it being a prompter screen.

They were indeed the program monitors, probably from the main desk before new screens were installed last fall. Wherever they came from, they were a lot better looking than what was in place last summer. Be it lighting, fixtures, framing, etc, this year's first temp set (good Lord, that could get confusing), was definitely more put together than 2014's go-around...

2014:

69ea001f-4d47-4324-8b8c-30389f7ebaea_zps2tnuzzde.png

2015:

f28e9f8a-49bc-4237-9370-12528fb190e0_zpsq1sdbnl5.png

The were indeed the program monitors, probably from the main desk before new screens were installed last fall. Wherever they came from, they were a lot better looking than what was in place last summer. Be it lighting, fixtures, framing, etc, this year's first temp set (good Lord, that could get confusing), was definitely more put together than 2014's go-around...

2014:

2015:

I like the ABC 7 laptops myself.. but yeah the 2014 version is pretty cluttered.

If so, I'm curious why both anchors need separate monitors when one would would be plenty on that size desk. One extra for sports, I can understand.

I guess the same could be said for my theory about it being a prompter screen.

I can't think of the constant need for a confidence monitor where one would do. However I think it would be easier for them to have their own prompter monitors that way it's in their field of vision.

I can't think of the constant need for a confidence monitor where one would do. However I think it would be easier for them to have their own prompter monitors that way it's in their field of vision.

It looks a little low for a prompter monitor...

Those are monitors. It's not uncommon for stations to have monitors built into the desk, monitors on the cameras under the prompters, and monitors hanging from the light grid, all showing the program output or a mix of program and random outside feeds they may need (like a chopper shot during breaking news, or the next live shot in the show). It doesn't make sense, but it keeps the talent happy

They were indeed the program monitors, probably from the main desk before new screens were installed last fall. Wherever they came from, they were a lot better looking than what was in place last summer. Be it lighting, fixtures, framing, etc, this year's first temp set (good Lord, that could get confusing), was definitely more put together than 2014's go-around...

2014:

2015:

I just like how they are practically wearing identical clothes in 2014 and 2015. WLS sure does cater to the stale and crinkly golden girl viewers!

I just like how they are practically wearing identical clothes in 2014 and 2015. WLS sure does cater to the stale and crinkly golden girl viewers!

i·den·ti·cal

ˌīˈden(t)ək(ə)l/

adjective

• similar in every detail; exactly alike.

Yeah...right.

I'm not, im just saying it caters to an older demographic. Relax yourself and just drop it... I'm sorry I ever even said it! Is it a forum or a public place to criticize. I messed up. I was laying in bed half asleep last night when I typed it and I reread it and it didn't make sense this morning.

Archived