• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, Scripps is "reorganizing" the promotions department to "build a promotions strategy with greater digital and social marketing focus".

www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/2/11/reorganizing-the-promo-department-in-denver

Which sounds to me like they're getting rid of all the promotions producers and bringing in "digital" people with lower salaries and less experience.

That'll drive the ratings up.

I can't see anybody proud of being 3rd... Sure it's better than 5th but it's still heads rolling territory. Maybe MGH was more relaxed, who knows?

I think you have to realize how boring of a market Denver is and always has been. KUSA has been the dominant #1 for decades, with some very rare and minor cases of them skirting toward #2. KCNC has always been more or less a solid #2, and KMGH for the last 15 years or so has been a respectable third, with some instances of the station being able to seriously challenge KCNC for #2. It's hard to reasonably imagine the Denver market being almost anything different.

7 saw some traction with some new formats and resources not long after the Scripps takeover, but it appears as if the station has been in freefall ever since then. I don't live in Denver fulltime anymore, but I don't recognize much on 7 whenever I tune in. It's hard to keep viewers when things keep changing from one sweeps to the next.

It's a shame to see the station go through the wringer of Scripps' on-air laboratory, as I think KMGH had a really solid and dependable product in the early-to-late 2000s with the hard news/investigative approach.

I think you have to realize how boring of a market Denver is and always has been. KUSA has been the dominant #1 for decades, with some very rare and minor cases of them skirting toward #2. KCNC has always been more or less a solid #2, and KMGH for the last 15 years or so has been a respectable third, with some instances of the station being able to seriously challenge KCNC for #2. It's hard to reasonably imagine the Denver market being almost anything different.

7 saw some traction with some new formats and resources not long after the Scripps takeover, but it appears as if the station has been in freefall ever since then. I don't live in Denver fulltime anymore, but I don't recognize much on 7 whenever I tune in. It's hard to keep viewers when things keep changing from one sweeps to the next.

It's a shame to see the station go through the wringer of Scripps' on-air laboratory, as I think KMGH had a really solid and dependable product in the early-to-late 2000s with the hard news/investigative approach.

Ok I'll put it this way: some station Scripps owns has to be the Guinea pig... KMGH for whatever reason won that contest...

Archived