AND would that big affiliation switch ever occurred had CBS matched Fox's bid and kept the NFC Package?

More than likely not, and the Simpsons wouldn't be around to this day, nor would NBC lose the AFC package. And I'm not even sure Fox would be around if CBS kept the NFC package

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More than likely not, and the Simpsons wouldn't be around to this day, nor would NBC lose the AFC package. And I'm not even sure Fox would be around if CBS kept the NFC package

Also we would still have ABC Monday Night Football we wouldn't have ESPN on ABC we would still have ABC Sports and Al Michaels would still be doing Monday Night Football instead of Sunday Night Football also ESPN would still be airing Sunday Night Football instead of NBC. Also that big affiliation switch in places like Denver would've never happened.

Also we would still have ABC Monday Night Football we wouldn't have ESPN on ABC we would still have ABC Sports and Al Michaels would still be doing Monday Night Football instead of Sunday Night Football also ESPN would still be airing Sunday Night Football instead of NBC. Also that big affiliation switch in places like Denver would've never happened.

Would there still be "New CocaCola"?

AND would that big affiliation switch ever occurred had CBS matched Fox's bid and kept the NFC Package?

Fox was hell-bent on getting the NFL - they made a Hail Mary bid for Monday Night Football in 1987 - and had they not won the NFC, they would have made a massive offer for the AFC in 1998.

Not exactly on topic either...

I already set the parameters of this thread on page six.

We've broadened this topic too much. Can we please keep it focused on the Denver market and KMGH? Historic facts about the McGraw Hill stations and future updates to Scripps stations are fine, but anything about Scripps past without the Denver affiliate should be posted in a Scripps thread.

I already set the parameters of this thread on page six.

I'm sorry, didn't realize you were the boss of what can and can't be said (just because you started the thread doesn't make you boss). All I'm saying is don't be the pot calling the kettle black. You're off topic just as the person before you was off topic. Justifying it because it's a Scripps-related future update and you said in your parameters that was okay doesn't make it on topic. I wish people would stick to posting and stop being the posting police. Okay... End rant.

I'm sorry, didn't realize you were the boss of what can and can't be said (just because you started the thread doesn't make you boss). All I'm saying is don't be the pot calling the kettle black. You're off topic just as the person before you was off topic. Justifying it because it's a Scripps-related future update and you said in your parameters that was okay doesn't make it on topic. I wish people would stick to posting and stop being the posting police. Okay... End rant.

Gee, I try to set parameters to maintain some semblance of a conversation because without them, we would go off on long tangents about Fox or the NFL and that isn't the goal here, wise a**.

Gee, I try to set parameters to maintain some semblance of a conversation because without them, we would go off on long tangents about Fox or the NFL and that isn't the goal here, wise a**.

You're missing the point. I don't disagree that the Fox or NFL talk is off topic. But so is your talk about some potential Scripps-wide future update. Sure, both those topics can be traced back somehow to KMGH, but they are off topic.

As for the parameters, they are completely arbitrary and of your choosing. Again, stop trying to be the post police. That's what moderators are for.

And is it really necessary to resort to name calling? Seems a little childish to me.

That's not neccesary at all... It's not that big a deal... Chill.

Fox was hell-bent on getting the NFL - they made a Hail Mary bid for Monday Night Football in 1987 - and had they not won the NFC, they would have made a massive offer for the AFC in 1998.

Problem was that Fox didn't want the AFC Package they wanted the NFC Package because the NFC had teams in larger markets (like NYC, Dallas, LA, etc.) whereas the AFC was in smaller markets.

That's why Fox went after the NFC Package instead of the AFC Package.

Back on topic did I hear that KMGH was getting killed by KUSA, KCNC and KDVR in the ratings department for Local News?

Problem was that Fox didn't want the AFC Package they wanted the NFC Package because the NFC had teams in larger markets (like NYC, Dallas, LA, etc.) whereas the AFC was in smaller markets.

Chicago, Philly, Dallas, SF (NY & LA were in both conferences at that time). Also the NFC was much stronger at that time as well.

But more importantly, get in line with original poster's parameters for this thread, or he might have another temper tantrum and start calling you names

Back on topic did I hear that KMGH was getting killed by KUSA, KCNC and KDVR in the ratings department for Local News?

Yes you did hear that and indeed they are dead last... that makes them a perfect place to test things.

Nice edit to comply with the parameters. ✅

Yeah that's who I meant... He's an idiot.

Oh. Are personally acquainted with him?

Yes. Smothered. It doesn't help that the newsroom takes up a 1/4th of the floor that they're on. It's tiny. Smallest in the top 20.

Oh. Are personally acquainted with him?

I talked with him a few times trying to get information... He tended to not return phone calls and not take inquiries (even relatively serious ones) about WXYZ seriously. He gave really stupid explanations when he did and generally acted like I didn't know anything about the place...

I talked with him a few times trying to get information... He tended to not return phone calls and not take inquiries (even relatively serious ones) about WXYZ seriously. He gave really stupid explanations when he did and generally acted like I didn't know anything about the place...

How did you represent yourself?

Archived