NBC launching new Telemundo San Diego O&O

A3N

was it in HD before?

No,

1013-1019 are open except 1017 (KBNTHD) up to 1020 resumes with XHASHD...

All the lower tier stuff is still SD up here (No.Cnty Coastal)

1012 was empty till last year when XEWTHD came on. So I'm more interested in what happens in these HD tiers. Please don't tell me it's all going back (HD) to the lower tiers....or is it?

EdiT: corrected XHASHD

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Incorrect. NewsChannel 15 was a channel [mostly] devoted to reruns of KGTV's newscasts. It existed only on cable, never OTA. When Azteca America affiliated with KGTV, thats when KZSD came into KGTV and replaced NC15 on cable. Which in reality, NC15 moved to 810 on the dial and was renamed as the 10News Channel.

Oh okay. I had no idea. Do they still do the 10 News Channel?

And to think I pay extra to see that crap....but if I didn't pay extra to see 10 news 24/7 ...then what the hell would I complain about?

XDTV/MyTV13...waste of money and space

and come 5/1: that new Gala, or galavision that's supposed to replace XETV. Oh, can't forget 4sd. We're literally paying for channels that nobody watches. Even if its pennies, I would rather keep them for myself. Hell, with all those savings, I might have an extra quarter at the end of the year.

and come 5/1: that new Gala, or galavision that's supposed to replace XETV. Oh, can't forget 4sd. We're literally paying for channels that nobody watches. Even if its pennies, I would rather keep them for myself. Hell, with all those savings, I might have an extra quarter at the end of the year.

I thought the switch was May 31st, not May 1st.

I suspect XETV will disappear from US cable systems no matter the outcome.

There may be a case with C5, Azteca 7 and Gala TV that carriage by US cable providers of those networks could break a slew of exclusivity and rights contracts in the United States. Compared to Las Estrellas and Azteca 13, there are few original productions, no news programs, and lots of imported programs including from the US. Gala TV airs Telemundo series. Canal 5 has a boatload of imported cartoons (including SpongeBob, Peppa Pig and Jimmy Neutron), and Azteca 7 airs American Ninja Warrior and The Simpsons.

(The new Imagen Televisión also has little of its own entertainment programming, but its imports have generally not been American.)

This isn't to say there aren't exceptions. The Eagle Pass, TX cable system has three of the four old-line national networks plus Televisa's local station for Piedras Negras but is missing Azteca 13 and the independent local station. The Nogales system has Azteca 7. But they're rare. Most border town cable systems that carry any Mexican stations generally limit their selection to Las Estrellas and Azteca 13.

While I'm on this topic, at some point I should tell you about KVAW, which could be described as the least American station in America.

I suspect XETV will disappear from US cable systems no matter the outcome.

XETV staying on cable is one of the cornerstones of the Univision 6 conspiracy. If they go away...so does all my funding and grants for said theory and research.

I need to eat too.

(humans taste gamey)

XETV staying on cable is one of the cornerstones of the Univision 6 conspiracy. If they go away...so does all my funding and grants for said theory and research.

I need to eat too.

(humans taste gamey)

Do you know if they ever paid the vendors that were owed? Because if they're not paying their bills, I can't imagine COX/Spectrum keeping them on the lineup no matter what they could have planned for the future. And these cable co.'s ain't exactly going to wait around 4-5years to get paid, or whenever the earliest that UNV could land on 6.

Do you know if they ever paid the vendors that were owed? Because if they're not paying their bills, I can't imagine COX/Spectrum keeping them on the lineup no matter what they could have planned for the future. And these cable co.'s ain't exactly going to wait around 4-5years to get paid, or whenever the earliest that UNV could land on 6.

I know what I was told by the vendor, however the vendor is not owed much, and I suggested he re-bill because I have a hard time believing they would skip on legit bills.

The XETV business admin has always been 100%pro...no reason to skip on small things unless the ND is not putting through the invoices along to the biz office.

Well, I did discover the US channels were kept on those northern Mexican cable systems I mentioned, just not put in the lineup descriptions. Presumably they've been stuffed on some number separate from the Mexican locals to meet the IFT guidelines.

• 3 weeks later...

Stealth Ranger???

Exclusive Photos of what is believed to be the new KNSD Bad Hombre Ranger...

These photos show a stripped down NBC Ranger type Ford truck an undisclosed location in Socal. Truck is black, unmarked, crew cab configuration, cab forward mounted k-band sat dish. White roof dome enclosure consistent with storm Rangers. No rear radar unit. Rear portion looks like storage, and there is a center "sleeper" type workspace/ transmission racks.

This is most likely a base model stripped down Storm Ranger sans the weather stuff. ...

This may be the ....

Border Ranger

Real-time immigrant wave monitoring, tunnel collapse detection and warning, drug detector, Live Skype with El Chapo and Artie Ojeda. Check for wall jumpers with Migracam!

Or the...

Fire and Radiation Ranger

When that N.Korean nuke misses San Francisco and hits the old San Onofre Nuclear power plant the fun ensues...The Godzoppler 7000 is fine for all that Godzilla tracking for when the monsters attack!

Bouncy House 739 / Pinata Party 20

Great income for those slo-news weekends...Blood mobile attachments also available.

Or it's just a boring old sat truck...

knsdrigr2.jpg.6c2c407891a485f445ddf05ab18a2fc0.jpg

Photos by Kwon Yuri and Sunny

knsdrigfr1.jpg.d60c6a7c203db32e63d13f6444bd8101.jpg

knsdrigr.jpg.37266f06efa5b3396bb02e70ec414020.jpg

Probably one of them fancy weather trucks. It looks similar to what KXAS has. KNBC has that tricked out Jeep, but San Diego never had one.

I agree. The Storm Rangers are also Dodge Ram based.

I think it should be almost a carbon copy of KXAS' since their truck is newer (technology wise) compared to WVIT.

Also, KNSD is getting their trucks re-wrapped:

[MEDIA=instagram]BSl_ztmlVzy[/MEDIA]

[quote name='A3N']@Eat News - does it look similar to this?[ATTACH=full]3833[/ATTACH][/QUOTE] The informant says "yes" but its only has the sat dish and small rooftop camera turret only. Non microwave horn, no communication antennas...no radar(visable). I'm hoping the twins can get us some better intel or pics of the thing cuz it does look like a base model of a storm ranger..or some kind of ranger... No add-on AC units either.

I think it should be almost a carbon copy of KXAS' since their truck is newer (technology wise) compared to WVIT.

Also, KNSD is getting their trucks re-wrapped:

[MEDIA=instagram]BSl_ztmlVzy[/MEDIA]

It could be some kind of custom "ranger" version. Right now they tell me it's unmarked.

It could be some kind of custom "ranger" version. Right now they tell me it's unmarked.

Interesting. Wonder if it's complete, or if they still have to add a few things to it? And given the pics of the re-wrapped sat truck, maybe it's just a matter of time before the Storm Ranger Jr. gets it.

Archived