NBC launching new Telemundo San Diego O&O

A3N

I bet Dawson have overall control of news resources. Pedro most likely has editorial control over T-20 and control of some dedicated resources like his anchors and maybe a live backpac unit and a photograher / video editors / producers

The key is MMJ's...

Keep the brunt of the workflow issues on one person/ mind. One person makes all conversions. Once you start passing off the editing or scripting to others you get problems.

You will see a boat load of Astrid Solarzano packages and live shots. The Bi- MMJ's will be working those asses off.

How many major translation errors will happen because someone used Google Translator?

Ban Google Translator NOW KNSD...it will bite you in the ass on day -1.

Sucks to be a KNSD Bi-Lingual MMJ

Super sucks...

Sucky sucks...

Mucho's sucko! (upside down!)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet Dawson have overall control of news resources. Pedro most likely has editorial control over T-20 and control of some dedicated resources like his anchors and maybe a live backpac unit and a photograher / video editors / producers

The key is MMJ's...

Keep the brunt of the workflow issues on one person/ mind. One person makes all conversions. Once you start passing off the editing or scripting to others you get problems.

You will see a boat load of Astrid Solarzano packages and live shots. The Bi- MMJ's will be working those asses off.

How many major translation errors will happen because someone used Google Translator?

Ban Google Translator NOW KNSD...it will bite you in the ass on day -1.

Sucks to be a KNSD Bi-Lingual MMJ

Super sucks...

Sucky sucks...

Mucho's sucko! (upside down!)

Fun times ahead! But honestly, they should have plucked Claudia Rodriguez over from UNV. It would have given them a credible voice and instant name-recognition in the market.

Fun times ahead! But honestly, they should have plucked Claudia Rodriguez over from UNV. It would have given them a credible voice and instant name-recognition in the market.

I was thinking bringing back Tania Luviano

I was thinking bringing back Tania Luviano

She came to mind the other day, but I haven't heard anything about her since she was laid off back in 08'-ish? Even after the MyTV43 shutdown, she still stuck around at NBC 7. Her English wasn't perfect, but it was serviceable-enough to be kept around at the station.

How many dedicated personnel were at launch of WWSI's newscasts in Philadelphia? It seems like it's the same general structure - they share the same GM and ND with an assistant ND overseeing Telemundo.

One bright side is at this being San Diego (and Southern California in general) is that you may have more people in the newsroom with the ability to comprehend the language.

• 2 weeks later...

A peak at the new Telemundo 20 set:

[MEDIA=instagram]BTIZM7ZB2GN[/MEDIA]

And here's a pic of the newly re-wrapped KNSD Live trucks:

[MEDIA=instagram]BTIQRdKBtBj[/MEDIA]

So it's basically a glorified Live truck... Can't wait for them to try and use it during a major story only to have it be grounded by Fire/Police authorities.

You are frigging kidding me? [quote name='rkolsen']The buggy @Eat News posted is a Drone Buggy. So much for a chopper. [MEDIA=instagram]BTkeVtPh57S[/MEDIA] [B]Edit:[/B] WVIT has one [MEDIA=instagram]BTCGPw7lDJN[/MEDIA][/QUOTE] [SIZE=4]" [I]Drone Ranger...because we are too cheap to rent a helicopter....."[/I][/SIZE]

You are frigging kidding me?

" Drone Ranger...because we are too cheap to rent a helicopter....."

That's what I was thinking. They need a certified pilot to fly that thing.

[quote name='rkolsen']The buggy @Eat News posted is a Drone Buggy. So much for a chopper. [MEDIA=instagram]BTkeVtPh57S[/MEDIA] [B]Edit:[/B] WVIT has one [MEDIA=instagram]BTCGPw7lDJN[/MEDIA][/QUOTE] [quote name='rkolsen']That's what I was thinking. They need a certified pilot to fly that thing.[/QUOTE] ...the kicker would be if you told us it was being operated by Welk/ACA.... I'm still laughing. Hey why not just call the trusty Drone Ranger Reporter Sidekick "Tonto"? "Who was that masked man????????" So it's Illegal to fly drones at the local beaches, state parks, most local parks, you can't fly over crowds, fires, riots, swat's, freeways, navy homecomings, ju-ju bee's, proms,football games, swap meets , OTL, Sea World, the Zoo.....and frigging Costco. So where the hell will Drone Ranger Fly??????? .....With the monkeys ...that will be flying ...out of our asses!

You are frigging kidding me?

" Drone Ranger...because we are too cheap to rent a helicopter....."

Can't the big wigs at corporate cut a deal with Welk for good, cost-effective chopper coverage for at the very least, their California stations?

I mean, we saw what happened yesterday at the apartment complex in La Jolla. Would have been a good opportunity to send the chopper up for some aerial footage. So it is needed. Do they plan on being at the mercy of KFMB in deciding when they'll send the chopper up?

Can't the big wigs at corporate cut a deal with Welk for good, cost-effective chopper coverage for at the very least, their California stations?

I mean, we saw what happened yesterday at the apartment complex in La Jolla. Would have been a good opportunity to send the chopper up for some aerial footage. So it is needed. Do they plan on being at the mercy of KFMB in deciding when they'll send the chopper up?

Be grateful KFMB got it up on a Sunday.

NBC would love nothing more to prove you can cover all 4,200 sq miles of SD county with a drone. Make the drone and Welk compete against each other.

The reality is it's arguable that there are a million cameras, and plenty of Live-u backpac's to make a chopper obsolete in such a large market.

Otherwise there would be at least a lame-ass R-44 with an NBC logo on it flying around SD.

Otherwise there would be at least a lame-ass R-44 with an NBC logo on it flying around SD.

If that's what KXAS uses what equivalent would KNSD get? A gyrocopter?

For all we know there could already be a pilot on staff. They'd simply just send them out when needed. I say this because I've seemed to notice a lot of reporters have their pilots license.

For all we know there could already be a pilot on staff. They'd simply just send them out when needed. I say this because I've seemed to notice a lot of reporters have their pilots license.

Well I sincerely hope no reporter on KNSD's staff has a license to fly drones. If they half-ass their reports, then they can't be trusted with those types of machines.

Well I sincerely hope no reporter on KNSD's staff has a license to fly drones. If they half-ass their reports, then they can't be trusted with those types of machines.

They're really that bad? What is the general consensus of ratings in San Diego?

KFMB is number one

Finally saw a live stream of KUSI. My gosh Carlos has aged, his co Anchor and the weather girl say more ums and uhs than Susan Taylor.

I know KUSI isn't that great and it's the last resort but the product is beyond expired. I'd rather tolerate the FOX 5 Circus

KNSD's AM reporters are some of the worst (with a couple of exceptions). There have been several instances where they either gave wrong information or didn't bother to update the information for their stories. I can probably cut them a bit of slack since a few of them are pretty green, but there's a certain female anchor in the AM on KNSD that despite being at the station for 20+ years continues to make TONS of mistakes on a daily basis. No excuse for that.

[MEDIA=flickr]34374765945[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=flickr]33564377883[/MEDIA]

Here is the final product of the newly re-wrapped vans.

Archived