NBC launching new Telemundo San Diego O&O

A3N

This may seem lazy to some people, but I like how NBC7 and T20 have very similar positioning slogans.

Also, did T33 ever have ENG trucks, or did they only use Dejeros/bonded cellular?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[MEDIA=flickr]34374765945[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=flickr]33564377883[/MEDIA]

Here is the final product of the newly re-wrapped vans.

That big empty area in the center of the wrap is for the Rubio's logo...

If you can teach a reporter to shoot and edit....you can teach a reporter to make fish taco's between live shots.

This may seem lazy to some people, but I like how NBC7 and T20 have very similar positioning slogans.

Also, did T33 ever have ENG trucks, or did they only use Dejeros/bonded cellular?

I don't think they ever did. In fact, if i'm not mistaken, it wasn't until recently that they had the ability to do live shots, thanks to those dejeros.

That big empty area in the center of the wrap is for the Rubio's logo...

If you can teach a reporter to shoot and edit....you can teach a reporter to make fish taco's between live shots.

Well, that or Jerome's logo... teach them how to sell that sofa in addition to doing their live shots.

or the Sycuan logo...

I don't think they ever did. In fact, if i'm not mistaken, it wasn't until recently that they had the ability to do live shots, thanks to those dejeros.

Some Telemundo owned stations never had trucks either.

[MEDIA=flickr]34374765945[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=flickr]33564377883[/MEDIA]

Here is the final product of the newly re-wrapped vans.

Are they sharing vans like KCBS/KCAL?

Looks like one side is NBC and the other side is Telemundo.

...one side is dented up and already missing the hubcaps...

(oh here we go...)

Some Telemundo owned stations never had trucks either.

Interesting. In XHAS' case, they were/are operated by Entravision, which does have live trucks for KBNT/UNIV. So if they really wanted to, they could have given T33 the same resources.

Yup. It looks like they'll be sharing live trucks. And my guess is that they'll be sending the T20 reporters to cover stories for both stations.

And I can't believe they wrapped that van with that big ass dent. Which IIRC, has been there for a while.

I'm not sure if it's sharing but the ones I've seen in pictures from Miami and DFW seem to be double sided. The NBC logo faces the street on the drivers side and the Telemundo logo on the right. I think in Los Angeles he trucks are wrapped with one stations branding but they have a logo of other station on the back.

They don't share Live trucks in LA. T52 has their own, and NBC4 has theirs. They do share the 14 choppers they have, though.

Interesting. In XHAS' case, they were/are operated by Entravision, which does have live trucks for KBNT/UNIV. So if they really wanted to, they could have given T33 the same resources.

Did T-33 even subscribe to the Chopper 8 club?

Or did they just use that Bumble Bee Guy?

simpsons_bumble_bee_man_ay_yi_no_me_gusta.jpg.13210b64d9b79a4beb943b12df5a8b38.jpg

Did T-33 even subscribe to the Chopper 8 club?

Or did they just use that Bumble Bee Guy?

[ATTACH=full]3904[/ATTACH]

Yes. They had access to Chopper 8's feed. So did KBNT. I'm guessing that Entravision negotiated on behalf of both stations for the feed.

They don't share Live trucks in LA. T52 has their own, and NBC4 has theirs. They do share the 14 choppers they have, though.

I was kind of inferring that based that they are separately branded save for a logo on the rear door with some text saying "covering Southern California with our news partner."

I deleted that post because it was awkwardly written. I should have said that in Miami it appears that one side of the van is wrapped for NBC (the drivers side) and the other for Telemundo. (I'm no longer certain about Dallas).

Yes. They had access to Chopper 8's feed. So did KBNT. I'm guessing that Entravision negotiated on behalf of both stations for the feed.

With all the money KFMB must be charging for access to the feed that thing should be in the air 24/7 and in HD. Sounds like they have every San Diego station getting their footage.

[quote name='rkolsen']I was kind of inferring that based that they are separately branded save for a logo on the rear door with some text saying "covering Southern California with our news partner." I deleted that post because it was awkwardly written. I should have said that in Miami it appears that one side of the van is wrapped for NBC (the drivers side) and the other for Telemundo. (I'm no longer certain about Dallas). With all the money KFMB must be charging for access to the feed that thing should be in the air 24/7 and in HD. Sounds like they have every San Diego station getting their footage.[/QUOTE] I'm not sure who negotiates the sharing agreement between the stations. I believe that KFMB and Total Traffic Network have some kind of agreement. As far as the chopper 8 feed, I'd be curious to find out if KFMB is the one that licenses the feed to the other tv stations or if it's Total Teaffic network. So based on assumptions, the agreement seems to be lined up this way: Welk > Total Traffic > KFMB > SD tv stations KFMB does have editorial control of the helicopter. Maybe @Eat News can correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='A3N']I'm not sure who negotiates the sharing agreement between the stations. I believe that KFMB and Total Traffic Network have some kind of agreement. As far as the chopper 8 feed, I'd be curious to find out if KFMB is the one that licenses the feed to the other tv stations or if it's Total Teaffic network. So based on assumptions, the agreement seems to be lined up this way: Welk > Total Traffic > KFMB > SD tv stations KFMB does have editorial control of the helicopter. Maybe @Eat News can correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE] it's KFMB/TTN/Welk/ Subs... KFMB maintains operational control as far as launching and budgeting flight hours. TTN barters the air time for spots... Welk maintains the airships and the pilots have final say about flights... The subs get a video only live feed(camzone) that they are responsible for taping and editorial control is at the subscriber level. You can tape it....delay it...replay it...you just can't resell it to anyone else except as stated in the agreement (excluding you network)...otherwise you are free to lie and deceive the public about "your" chopper. After the unfortunate in-flight "accident" involving "flyer" there are no longer any pets allowed in Chopper 8.

it's

KFMB/TTN/Welk/ Subs...

KFMB maintains operational control as far as launching and budgeting flight hours.

TTN barters the air time for spots...

Welk maintains the airships and the pilots have final say about flights...

The subs get a video only live feed(camzone) that they are responsible for taping and editorial control is at the subscriber level. You can tape it....delay it...replay it...you just can't resell it to anyone else except as stated in the agreement (excluding you network)...otherwise you are free to lie and deceive the public about "your" chopper.

After the unfortunate in-flight "accident" involving "flyer" there are no longer any pets allowed in Chopper 8.

Thanks.

Wait, did the dog really fall out of the chopper? or was it made into carnitas...?

Thanks.

Wait, did the dog really fall out of the chopper? or was it made into carnitas...?

The pilot of the other chopper swears to the FAA the pup NEVER hit his rotor blades. Flyer was eventually found in one piece in an empty Spring valley swimming pool full of skateboarders.

Sadly...youtube keeps flagging the video.

Carnita's?

You barbarian.

The pilot of the other chopper swears to the FAA the pup NEVER hit his rotor blades. Flyer was eventually found in one piece in an empty Spring valley swimming pool full of skateboarders.

Sadly...youtube keeps flagging the video.

Carnita's?

You barbarian.

Have you seen what they do to dogs at Chinese food restaurants in Tijuana...

Have you seen what they do to dogs at Chinese food restaurants in Tijuana...

Yes I have...

The key is NOT to overcook. Also the smaller breeds tend to be less stringy. A good marinade is best paired with a crisp white (boxed) wine.

Don't forget a salad...it's good for ruffage...

get it???

Ruff-age??

A look at Telemundo 20's new studio:

[MEDIA=twitter]862321626716700674[/MEDIA]

Very similar to KNSD's set, but this one is much better looking.

Looks bigger too. Now will it have the monitor wall opposite the anchor desh?

I guess NBC has more hope for T20 than NBC7. :p

Looks bigger too. Now will it have the monitor wall opposite the anchor desh?

I assume it does. I think it looks more spacious due to the white colored walls.

I guess NBC has more hope for T20 than NBC7. :p

I wouldn't say that. I would say that the team at KNSD likes their set and were set to duplicate it for T20 with some tweaks to make it better. You know normal product evolution.

Archived